Driving on dates

nicka912

When I go on a date with Roman or Little Jacob, why do I have to pick them up in a really far away location, and then return them to a completely different location.

Like I'll be in Algonquin and Roman will call and I have to pick him at the Middle Park house, no biggy, so I run over there, we go for a nice meal at Superstars or some vodka at Jerkov's, and then I have to take him thrice the distance back to our sh*tty apartment in Bohan!

Why does the game have to torture me like that.

the1andonlyak47

yeah i get this too

its really annoying sometimes,especially when u turn up slightly late so you lose respect from that freind.

I mean im somewhere in Broker, and someone like Packie calls, and i gotta haul ass all the way to start junction driving like crazy sometimes just so im not late.

And also I dont get why u have to take roman bak to the bohan safehouse seeing as he says at one point that bohan isnt safe confused.gif

Take a taxi. They're not that expensive, you can shoot 3 peds and get your money back.

The only problem I find with this is that they only give you 2mins to get their! And I don't like taking taxis.

reverendhannigan

If they're too far away and you don't think you'll be able to make it, call them back and cancel the plans. You won't lose respect or like percentage from your friends by doing so.

You can be quite late with no real penalty except a bit of dialog from your friend about your lateness. Maybe might affect the percentage gain after the date, but if so, it's incredibly minor. Really, it seems you can be as late as you want until they give up on waiting for you entirely...

Edited by unoleian

reverendhannigan

Being late will often cause a penalty... According to the Brady guide:

Roman:

Late - no impact

Fail to show - minor impact

Little Jacob:

Late - minor impact

Fail to show - moderate impact

Brucie:

Late - moderate impact

Fail to show - high impact

Packie:

Late - moderate impact

Fail to show - high impact

Dwayne:

Late - no impact

Fail to show - no impact

So feel free to stand up Dwayne or be late with Roman - but anyone else, you should probably call and cancel plans or take a taxi if you think you're not going to make it.

Packie has a nasty habit of wanting to be picked up in the south of Alderney. Inevitably I am in Bohan at the time. Definite Cancel scenario.

Taking a taxi and skipping the trip causes exactly zero minutes to go by in game-time as far as I can tell. That's always an option for those far-away ones....

Yeah, taxis FTW. I don't know why that guy above said he doesn't like using them. I use them to go everywhere, unless I have to use a specific vehicle for a mission.

Dwayne:

Late - no impact

Fail to show - no impact

So feel free to stand up Dwayne or be late with Roman - but anyone else, you should probably call and cancel plans or take a taxi if you think you're not going to make it.

i stood dwayne up once as i got ran over goin to get him and i lost respect for him mate then he would answer his phone to me for a bit