Safari Sucks, Vista rules

ash1

I never quite liked the look of Safari anyways. Besides, it always kept on giving me some kind of a silly error that I don't remember now. I got rid of it the same day I installed it.

vista and xp own ghey apple safari, microsoft even says it

Stop using Safari for now: Microsoft says

Actually they really said "Safari owns gh3y Vista and XP," moreso than what you said. It's Safari that is causing the problems in the Windows OS's.

Good thing I never wasted my time with Safari anyways.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Nothing wrong with Safari. Something completely wrong with IE.

Safari automatically downloads to the Desktop, which cannot be changed in its preferences. If you can get a Safari user on a Windows to download an executable file, it is possible to execute it with IE, because IE for some stupid f*cking reason thinks executing files on the Desktop is a FREAKING GOOD IDEA.

Nothing wrong with Safari, something horribly wrong with the thinking at Microsoft.

SyphonPayne

I hate Safari anyway, would rather use IE any day of the week (although I use Firefox.)

Last time I installed Safari it installed like 3 other background services just for a freakin web browser and I'm surprised it's not like iTunes where it forces you to install Quicktime and other crappy Apple software.

Firefox/opera>safari>IE

'nuff said. Safari never works on my vista for some reason.Does it even allow you to add plug-ins like firefox does?

user posted image

user posted image

Firefox/opera>safari>IE

'nuff said. Safari never works on my vista for some reason.Does it even allow you to add plug-ins like firefox does?

Yeah, but my IE is f*cked up. i cant even fix it because when I report it IE7 opens and it freezes. Even after reinstalling it!

Firefox/opera>safari>IE

'nuff said. Safari never works on my vista for some reason.Does it even allow you to add plug-ins  like firefox does?

Yeah, but my IE is f*cked up. i cant even fix it because when I report it IE7 opens and it freezes. Even after reinstalling it!

Have you tried running

sfc /scannow

from an elevated command prompt?

"Face Your Fears, Live Your Dreams" - No Fear

"God was a dream of good government." - Deus Ex Machina

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,

you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

sig.jpg

Nothing wrong with Safari. Something completely wrong with IE.

Safari automatically downloads to the Desktop, which cannot be changed in its preferences. If you can get a Safari user on a Windows to download an executable file, it is possible to execute it with IE, because IE for some stupid f*cking reason thinks executing files on the Desktop is a FREAKING GOOD IDEA.

Nothing wrong with Safari, something horribly wrong with the thinking at Microsoft.

Yeah, that's what I gathered from reading that as well. Here I thought they were accusing Safari of automatically downloading and executing code, and it's all a problem with IE auto-executing code. So why even bring Safari into the matter, shouldn't Apple be telling its users not to use IE because it might execute files they downloaded to their desktop?

This is silly.

QUOTE (K^2) ...not only is it legal for you to go around with a concealed penis, it requires absolutely no registration!

Suction Testicle Man

Without going into specifics, if this vulnerability is 'blended' (ie. both parties partially to blame), shouldn't they be recommending that people stop using XP and Vista for now too?

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

Without going into specifics, if this vulnerability is 'blended' (ie. both parties partially to blame), shouldn't they be recommending that people stop using XP and Vista for now too?

You know MS. There going ti say it's another companies fault to make themselves look good. It also gives them an excuse not to work on Safari compatibility for Vista.

I hate Safari anyway, would rather use IE any day of the week (although I use Firefox.)

Last time I installed Safari it installed like 3 other background services just for a freakin web browser and I'm surprised it's not like iTunes where it forces you to install Quicktime and other crappy Apple software.

wow, didnt think anyone on here would be pro IE