Playstation One

Monkeyman3232

I sold mine a while back wish i hadnt as it would of been nice just to keep. As i have a PS2 and PS3 now, would of been good to actually go back and play all the old games i had for it. But sayin that i would never go out and buy another one now.

Statutory Ray

Rip all of the games to your PC, pawn the system and the discs, and just play the ripped games on an emulator.

To be honest, if the PC can play it, why keep the system?

I'm keeping the system, just for future use. Maybe in a long time it will be valued as a collector's item.

kdr9l4.png

Even though I have a ps3 im still keeping my ps1. I don't have the heart to sell it or throw it out after all the good times I had with it. cryani.gif

Jesus f*cking christ!

Rip all of the games to your PC, pawn the system and the discs, and just play the ripped games on an emulator.

Are You f*cking kidding me? Are You possibly a complete idiot?

Don't You understand how valuable some of those games and the console will be in maybe few ten years?

You don't get the full experience. you can't see the console, or anything!

Statutory Ray

Don't You understand how valuable some of those games and the console will be in maybe few ten years?

Yeah, about as much as an Atari 2600.

Checking eBay, I could get one of those for less than $20.

Protip: Before you go around calling people complete idiots, make sure that you aren't one yourself.

my 1995 psx still works like new, I just need to buy me two dualshock controllers since my sister broke both, and clean it up. Simple as that. Such a great console deserves to be worshipped for eternity.

user posted image

user posted image

Protip: Before you go around calling people complete idiots, make sure that you aren't one yourself.

Owned icon14.gif

Seriously, throw it. If you have a newer Sony console, you don't need to keep it. You can still play your games on it.

Im not throwing mine out.

I think the PS1 will out live my PS2 and PS3. Old consoles are the best. You could probably throw your PS1 down stairs and it would still work. New consoles arnt as solid as the old ones.

How are You comparing PlayStation to Atari 2600? And at least You can get sh*tload of money from some of the games, so don't throw them out.

No, I'm not an idiot. At least as great as like what like VinnyGouveia? "Owned", seriosly, don't You have anythig else to say? If not, I have you a protip: keep Your mouth shut.

How are You comparing PlayStation to Atari 2600? And at least You can get sh*tload of money from some of the games, so don't throw them out.

No, I'm not an idiot. At least as great as like what like VinnyGouveia? "Owned", seriosly, don't You have anythig else to say? If not, I have you a protip: keep Your mouth shut.

Awwww, want mommy to kiss it better?

38773_s.gif

Awwww, want mommy to kiss it better?

Oh god, now You? And why do You even want to participate in this? You just want to mock me? Might sound VERY stupid and idiotic from my mouth, but 'grow up'.

It is an possibility that the value of the first PS might raise in the next years.

EDIT: And! I don't believe no one want's to throw out anything where You could get even a little bit of money.

Edited by TheTank

Statutory Ray

How are You comparing PlayStation to Atari 2600?

They're both mass-produced home gaming consoles that sold extremely well and possessed cutting-edge consumer micro processing technology for their time. How are they not comparable? The big difference is that the PS1 outsold the 2600 about 5 to 1, so it'll be worth even LESS within 20 years.

You CAN get a "sh*tload" (if $200 is a sh*tload of money to you) of money for some games, that part is true. These are usually rare games though, meaning not many people own them, or even know about them. Most of them are obscure Japanese RPG games that got a limited release in the US, and are only worth money now because they became popular through online reviews. Sure, if you've got a copy of Suikoden II sitting around you can find some supernerd willing to shell out $200 for it, but if it's a good game that was widely available, which are the games most people own, it's only likely to depreciate in value.

Most games aren't worth sh*t, and can be found in the bargain bin at any dilapidated Game X Change across America for $5-10. Sure, he could go through the time and effort to list all of his games on eBay, which is the only place nerds would pay so much money for something with so little real value, if only for the convenience of not having to walk out of their house, or he could spend that time playing and enjoying those games.

I'd pawn them and the console and play any PS1 games I wanted to play on an emulator.

I've gotta say, that to a 16-year-old boy, 200 big ones per one game is a big money. I ain't so rich that I could afford PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii into our home. And I've mainly bought all gaming consoles and other non-important electornics for myself with my own money. I'm sorry I didn't watch from Your POV.

Seriously, throw it. If you have a newer Sony console, you don't need to keep it. You can still play your games on it.

You're aware that I did gave an advice, right? Better start reading the whole posts before clicking on the reply button and call anyone and idiot and/or telling'em to shut up.

@Ray: Sure, there are 360 games that are worth $5 bucks. Only real, real rare games are sold for more than 20 bucks.

Edited by VinnyGouveia

M. H. Hunter III

alright so the PC can play it.....good for it.

But playing the games on the actual console is half the fun right there.

It isn't just the game, the experience is key.

Playing metal gear on PC, get the f*ck out of here with that idea sneaky2.gif

La famiglia è tutto

The strength of a family,
like the strength of an army is in its loyalty to each other.
~ Mario Puzo ~

KingyThePothead
Jesus f*cking christ!

the guys got a point, ive got an original copy of Pandemonium, its in perfect condition locked away in a box, and even been offered some nice prices for it already!

Statutory Ray

The game offers all the of the experience. I still get the nostalgic feeling playing FF7 on an emulator on my TV, using the original Playstation controller, looking over at the PS1 sitting in my closet.

It's still the same game, same controls, etc. Do you feel the same way about playing a PS1 game on a PS2, or a PS2 on PS3? Maybe all of the people playing arcade games on Xbox Live or old SNES games on Wii Virtual Console should go out and get the real games for the real console?

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

No way. Im not throwing mine away. The PSX/PS1 is way better then the PS2 and 3 combined.

Way better library of games. Many of todays great franchises started on the PSX (Metal Gear Solid (the 3d games), Crash Bandicoot, Driver, Console GTA's, Tony Hawks (i know its multi platform, but was really awesome on PSX), Gran Turismo, Resident Evil (thanks TheTank) and who can forget the best PSX game of all time: Kula World ( Roll Away in US).

Yeah you can play em on the 2 and 3 but its just not the same.

But...

inlove.gif

cryani.gif Nostalgic...

Edited by [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

And hey, don't You forget Resident Evil wink.gif

EDIT: And oh, thanks for KingyThePothead wink.gif

Edited by TheTank

cycon77foamy[GTA Man]' date='Jun 14 2008, 03:55'] But...

inlove.gif

cryani.gif Nostalgic...

Dude, I remember when I got my PS1 and then I heard that intro. I shat my pants tounge.gif

I can remember... Duke Nukem, Doom and GTA1 came with it.

Dude, no! don't throw it away!

i'm still trying to get a new PSX and PS1 after my cousin broke ours...NO, I WILL NOT GET MY HEAD OUT OF 1998!

Seriously, keep it. I wish to god I still had my PS1.

@Statutory Ray, lol, no it does'nt, knowing you're actually playing it on the PS1 makes all the difference in the world.

QF1SfST.png

M. H. Hunter III

The game offers all the of the experience. I still get the nostalgic feeling playing FF7 on an emulator on my TV, using the original Playstation controller, looking over at the PS1 sitting in my closet.

It's still the same game, same controls, etc. Do you feel the same way about playing a PS1 game on a PS2, or a PS2 on PS3? Maybe all of the people playing arcade games on Xbox Live or old SNES games on Wii Virtual Console should go out and get the real games for the real console?

way to butcher my comments there to get your own point across.

really took the high road with that one.

Sure the PC can control everything, but hell if you have the system, why not just keep the sh*t.

Are you honestly going to get anything substantial for it?

and the 360 arcade and wii virtual console are just trying to bring back the games for people that may've already dumped their systems off.

I myself am proud i still play S/NES, and using that old'e school controller is just awesome compared to keyboard.

La famiglia è tutto

The strength of a family,
like the strength of an army is in its loyalty to each other.
~ Mario Puzo ~

YourNeighborhoodKiller

My God. If I still had mine. I would keep it at the safest spot in my house.

All the good memories it brought. Who would want to throw it away? I wouldn't sell it for a hundred bucks.

The intro gives me the chills. Brings back memories of MGS1. blush.gif

New account: Gezim