3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Andrew

Archived Requests, need ideas?

gta_player101

Could anyone make a mod for GTA San Andreas like GTA San Vice (found here), but i would like it modified so that:

* It will work with DYOM (found here) rather than just spawning me in the water; in the middle of no where

* There are no missions (except for ones normally found in vice city)

* The player is Tommy Vercetti

* There is no cut scene when you start a new game (i don't mind the just the credits, but i would like the plane cutscene to be gone)

* When the player starts a new game i spawn in the office of the Vercetti Estate

* Tommy owns all of his assets (just like when GTA Vice City is completed)

If anyone could do this for me it would be great !! :lol:

I have already posted this in III coding but i thought that it might be relevant here too.

jenksta

So what's more likely?

Getting recoil to work somehow with keyboard and mouse controls - or being able to use the stun-punch outside of "Clean Getaway?"

From my testing bullet spread/recoil does work when using the mouse and keyboard? The longer you fire the weapon the more inaccurate it gets and the crosshair circle gets bigger e.t.c. right?

EDIT: Think I misunderstood exactly what you were referring to, looking into it but could you explain a little more about the difference and when it does and doesn't work?

Edited by jenksta

misterright1

anybody know a mod for gta sa to replace palm trees and other exotic plants into something like in the woods like blain country or something?

cp1dell

Yes, that's what I mean when I say bullet spread/recoil. You hold the firing key down, and your first shot will hit dead center, but the rest will spread out as the crosshair grows bigger,

When playing with a mouse and keyboard, this is disabled for some reason; every shot is 100% accurate. Even when blindfiring. But if you are to plug in a controller, and fire with that, bulletspread/recoil works. Fire with the mouse; it's disabled.

jenksta

Yes, that's what I mean when I say bullet spread/recoil. You hold the firing key down, and your first shot will hit dead center, but the rest will spread out as the crosshair grows bigger,

When playing with a mouse and keyboard, this is disabled for some reason; every shot is 100% accurate. Even when blindfiring. But if you are to plug in a controller, and fire with that, bulletspread/recoil works. Fire with the mouse; it's disabled.

Ehh call me crazy but it seems to work for me when firing using the mouse even when I don't have a controller plugged in? (In EFLC at least anyway as I've had to disable it for an MP mod) Is it an IV only thing? If not care to find me a video explaining a bit more what you mean?

cp1dell

Not sure if it's IV only, I haven't checked EFLC. Here's a video though showing what I'm talking about.

Firing with a mouse = no bullet spread/recoil.

Firing with a controller = bullet spread/recoil.

jenksta

Ah okay I understand now, simple enough. Basically in iv's CWeapon::Fire function there's a call to a CWeapon::CalculateShotTargetAccuracy which calculates the target offset for the weapon shot (based on the peds weapon accuracy multiplier, current anim, e.t.c.), in this function there's a check for player peds (only applies if you they don't have a target entity (auto aim)) which checks a flag in the games control pad structure (set if theres any buttons pressed on the controller), if not using the controller the inaccuracy multiplier used is 0.1, however when using a controller the multiplier is set to 0.6.

Here's a really simple asi (supports iv patch 4 and 7 and eflc patch 2 (source included)) to force it to always use the controller multiplier even if the controller isn't being used.

http://jenksta.iv-m.com/iv/shotstuff.zip

Edited by jenksta

Osvis

Binco Shop from GTA 5 to GTA SA.

cp1dell

I'll sh*t my pants if that works. When I can later, I'll test it out.

Oh my god.

EDIT: Sadly, it doesn't seem to change anything. Tested it on IV Patch 7 and it's still 100% accurate.

Edited by cp1dell

jenksta

I'll sh*t my pants if that works. When I can later, I'll test it out.

Oh my god.

EDIT: Sadly, it doesn't seem to change anything. Tested it on IV Patch 7 and it's still 100% accurate.

Works fine here, just double checked it on IV and EFLC, sure you're loading the asi properly?

cp1dell

I have my xlive.dll in my root folder; with the game's .exe. I put the .asi in the root folder, didn't work. I even tried making a "plugins" folder and putting it in, didn't work. I'll try it again.

EDIT: No, it's not working for some reason.

EDIT2: I even downloaded another .asi script and that one works perfectly fine; your script doesn't though.

Edited by cp1dell

jenksta

I have my xlive.dll in my root folder; with the game's .exe. I put the .asi in the root folder, didn't work. I even tried making a "plugins" folder and putting it in, didn't work. I'll try it again.

EDIT: No, it's not working for some reason.

EDIT2: I even downloaded another .asi script and that one works perfectly fine; your script doesn't though.

You'll probably need the vs2013 redist. Alternatively if you have visual studio installed just recompile the project yourself and it should work fine.

jenksta

Yeah that's the one.

cp1dell

Just downloaded the 64-bit .exe and installed it; still nothing.

jenksta

Recompiled with a lowered platform toolset aswell as added a small debug log string to 'shotstuff.log' if patching is successful so try this. If it doesn't work see if you have a 'shotstuff.log' file in your iv folder, if not then there's something else causing it to not load.

http://jenksta.iv-m.com/iv/shotstuff_bin.zip

cp1dell

Didn't work, and no .log file either.

jenksta

Must be a dependency problem then. Unfortunately I only have vs2013 installed nothing lower than that. Although I can assure you the code does work, do you not have visual studio installed so you can build it yourself locally?

EDIT: Also I saw you said you downloaded the x64 redist. It's built for x86 so I'd say try the x86 redist instead (I'm guessing x86/x64 is based on what the runtime the binary is using and not the host system?).

Edited by jenksta

cp1dell

Must be a dependency problem then. Unfortunately I only have vs2013 installed nothing lower than that. Although I can assure you the code does work, do you not have visual studio installed so you can build it yourself locally?

I do not. I'll download and install it, and try compiling it myself.

This is the correct download?

EDIT: "EDIT: Also I saw you said you downloaded the x64 redist. It's built for x86 so I'd say try the x86 redist instead."

I'll try that.

EDIT2: F*cking. Amazing. It works! Hol-e sh*t, it works! 32-bit redist did the trick; and the original .asi works!

I can't believe this. It took someone what, five years to fix this issue? This is amazing. I cannot express how awesome this is. I can't thank you enough!

You really need to upload this to GTA4-Mods or something so it doesn't get lost in this thread. People have been wanting this fix for ages!

Edited by cp1dell

jenksta

Aha yeah seems a bit late now but oh well, it's literally just changing 2 bytes lmfao, no problem.

Edited by jenksta

cp1dell

I can't believe it took someone this long to do something about it, you're a god damn legend.

Really though, upload this to the Garage or GTA4-Mods. It's not too late, tons of people still play IV and like to mod it. This is a godsend.

jenksta

Feel free to upload it to wherever you like if you think it should be done, save me the trouble aha.

InfamousSabre

Ah okay I understand now, simple enough. Basically in iv's CWeapon::Fire function there's a call to a CWeapon::CalculateShotTargetAccuracy which calculates the target offset for the weapon shot (based on the peds weapon accuracy multiplier, current anim, e.t.c.), in this function there's a check for player peds (only applies if you they don't have a target entity (auto aim)) which checks a flag in the games control pad structure (set if theres any buttons pressed on the controller), if not using the controller the inaccuracy multiplier used is 0.1, however when using a controller the multiplier is set to 0.6.

Here's a really simple asi (supports iv patch 4 and 7 and eflc patch 2 (source included)) to force it to always use the controller multiplier even if the controller isn't being used.

http://jenksta.iv-m.com/iv/shotstuff.zip

Awesome! Glad someone got bullet spread working, since that wasnt part of my project ;P

Is there a chance that you could make that multiplier editable somehow? .ini file or something?

jenksta

You could just change the firing accuracy for the local player ped and it would have the same effect (I think default is 40 so 80 would mean 2x more accurate and 20 would be 2x less accurate and so on value is from 0 to 100), but if you really want yeah I could do something so you can change the inaccuracy multiplier itself.

Downlord

guys! if you want your favorite cars in gta4 you can order it from me, almost for nothing. I can make any car or vehicle from scratch. here are few of my previous works for various people

send me pm

GTAIV_2012_10_13_19_58_11_73.png

GTAIV_2012_10_13_20_00_59_18.png

GTAIV_2012_10_20_01_38_15_43.png

GTAIV_2012_10_20_01_38_19_42.png

GTAIV_2013_05_27_19_36_16_37.jpg

GTAIV_2013_05_27_19_36_46_95.jpg

GTAIV_2013_05_27_19_37_43_09.jpg

GTAIV_2013_05_27_19_37_54_21.jpg

GTAIV_2013_07_27_19_36_17_45.jpg

Hyundai Equus, Hyundai Starex, and Lincoln MKS looks wonderful!
but are they intended only for personal(VIP)? if not, why don't you release them to public? or they're still work in progress?

cp1dell

Isn't firing accuracy controlled in the WeaponInfo.xml?

InfamousSabre

You could just change the firing accuracy for the local player ped and it would have the same effect (I think default is 40 so 80 would mean 2x more accurate and 20 would be 2x less accurate and so on value is from 0 to 100), but if you really want yeah I could do something so you can change the inaccuracy multiplier itself.

Oh awesome. yeah if i can control it that way, then that will work fine :p

I just want to make the bullet spread increase slower when using AGS, to simulate inaccuracy when the gun gets too hot. When its cold it should still be near laser-accurate. Otherwise it would be impossible to shoot anything because youd have recoil AND bullet spread going on.

Edited by InfamousSabre

cp1dell

Isn't bullet spread supposed to simulate recoil though? The animations show the player jerking around as the gun fires, but firing in bursts reduces the spread/recoil - since you're giving Niko more "time to aim." The crosshair growing/shrinking shows this. I don't think it has anything to really do with the weapon's heat.

InfamousSabre

Isn't bullet spread supposed to simulate recoil though? The animations show the player jerking around as the gun fires, but firing in bursts reduces the spread/recoil - since you're giving Niko more "time to aim." The crosshair growing/shrinking shows this. I don't think it has anything to really do with the weapon's heat.

My script, AGS (Advanced Gun System), introduces real recoil. Not recoil faked with bullet spread. With bullet spread now working, Ill see if I can get AGS to manipulate spread due to the weapon's heat.

jenksta

Isn't firing accuracy controlled in the WeaponInfo.xml?

Theres quiet a few things its based on

-Current target entity (auto aim)

-Current anim of the player ped

-Current move blend value of the ped

-Current task

-WeaponInfo accuracy, fps accuracy and accuracy time

-Current weapon slot

-If the ped is ducking

-Player info aiming accuracy value

Edited by jenksta