Do you really care?

ssnider75

I enjoy Deathmatch a lot but could really care less if I come in first or last. I usually end up killing/dying about the same amounts with the occasional high or low.

I am more in it for the fun. I love stealing a bus and plowing into things or running right into the middle of a fight guns blazing. Maybe I kill 3 people, maybe they all blast me.

I could not care less about my rank, kill vs. deaths percentage or anything else. I just like to get in there and shoot. I have just as much fun winning as I do losing.

I was wondering if anyone else felt this way or if everyone was into ranks and killing ratio.

In reading the posts on these boards, it seems most people are focused on getting to rank 10 and having a 10/1 kill ratio.

I feel very similar.

Of course, there's always a sense of achievement when you're told you've moved up a rank. You can't move down, so I don't exactly worry about dying, I just have fun, like you say.

You get more clothes for your character as you progress each rank, which I like, but I'm only on rank 2 at the mo, and I'm not fussed. Be laid back, have fun with it. It's GTA after all.

ikillteam8s

Yeah, I think everyone would care if they had a good kill/death ratio. Those that don't care more than likely have a poor ratio.

TiddleyWinker

im not really bothed bout ranking, just haveing fun, it was the same with COD4 as my brother was getting really high but i was just doing it for fun for like a few hours every week.

not bothered at all

i just like playing the game

p.s were can i check my k/d ratio

im just curios

Mr. Someguy

Not really.

If I'm first, I just say something like Woohoo! I win! If not, then I just keep normal conversation. tounge.gif

smile.gif For me it's both.

In DM I'm pretty aggressive - devil.gif GRRRR!!! - It's all about win win win!

On the other hand, I sometimes play GTA Race and couldn't care less where I finish up.

I'm also to be found in Free Mode regularly...where I'm simply there to be friendly and chill out. sigh.gif

G1T

SuperJude™

I only care because getting killed a lot means that much less time you can spend killing. Not that it matters, if you're halfway good you'll just about always have a decent kill to death ratio.

I would rather have 8 kills and no deaths than 50 kills and 40 deaths. For me the challenge is all about being a ninja... not about rank or kill ratio either tounge.gif

SuperJude™

Actually the only time I care about ratio is when I'm playing with sh*t talking assholes. I love to end a game with 60 kills and 9 deaths, just an extra little f*ck you to the lamers devil.gif

Other than that, I'm more a 50 kill/40 death guy biggrin.gif

In Deathmatch I never want to take my time. I don't like to lurk in the bushes or hide behind a building. If I am in a gun fight I will duck behind whatever is near but I will never sit still waiting for someone to come to me. I will always aggressively seek out people to try and kill them. I have had games where I kill 30/20 but have also had games where I kill 10/30. If I am playing against good players that have patience they generally will kill me almost everytime. If I am playing against people who are also aggressive I tend to do better.

There is occasionally a game where I see one person I just decide I don't like and will spend the entire time hunting down that one person. That is always a lot of fun.

I'm a bit obsessed with it to be honest. I consider myself having failed the game if I do worse than 3:1 kills:deaths. Or, in some extreme win circumstances, I try to get more $ on my own than the entire second-place team has together. So if it's an 8v8 TDM and they really suck, and they have like 5000 at the end of the match combined, my goal is to beat their 5000 just by myself.

That's personal rank though. Social Club rank doesn't really bother me. I followed it for a while but I don't play enough to stay at the top. And in-game rank is overrated. I'm at 7 now, it took forever, and I don't feel like farming $ in NOOSE or DB or BTB.

Yeah, I think everyone would care if they had a good kill/death ratio. Those that don't care more than likely have a poor ratio.

well you my friend cant have fun playing because you have to worry not to die, and for your info when i do a TDM or just a DM i get mostly double/triple/quadruple than anyone else and i dont give a damn, an example is -first team to $50,000-

i had $22,000 by myself at the end of the match and all my fellas had like 5k which sux, but we were 3 against 5 and they won by just 3k wow.gif

psn: RonSailer

please leave a message with the request to add me as your friend, if not i will ignore it like most

i dont give a damn about it, i just have fun and if i lose/win i still say good game and well played

but i mostly play freeroam and lock my friend or friends in the burgershot with no ammo haha i can see them like showroom puppets

well you my friend cant have fun playing because you have to worry not to die, and for your info when i do a TDM or just a DM i get mostly double/triple/quadruple than anyone else and i dont give a damn, an example is -first team to $50,000-

i had $22,000 by myself at the end of the match and all my fellas had like 5k which sux, but we were 3 against 5 and they won by just 3k wow.gif

please leave a message with the request to add me as your friend, if not i will ignore it like most

i dont give a damn about it, i just have fun and if i lose/win i still say good game and well played

but i mostly play freeroam and lock my friend or friends in the burgershot with no ammo haha i can see them like showroom puppets

I worry about my ratio and have a lot of fun playing. If I didn't have fun, I wouldn't play.

ikillteam8s

I've got an Xbox.

rank doesn't mean anything. someone who plays all day and only gets $116 a match, ranks up faster than one who gets $4000 and plays once in awhile.

I've got an Xbox.

you dont have to add me tounge.gif

anyway nah i think most people dont care about it, they just came for fun, worrying about that distracts you from having fun

michaelekylon

i dont really care about my death kill ratio. Obviously I'd like to be able to be at the top of the list more often in DM, but if I do kill a lot of players, everyone starts to leave the game. Even in ranked DM

I never care about it in any game.

My thing is, I try to kill as many people as possible, but I don't care if I die in the process. I often end up with nearly as many deaths as kills, but I still come out near the top :3

Basically, I do it for the fun, but it's nice to come out on top. Killing is fun in the game, so I try to kill more.

7:1 kill/death ratio for me.

A usual game is around 30 kills to 4-8 deaths. I never go into double digits on deaths.

I don't really care about it in deathmatch, but I do pay attention in team games where I want to hold my own, and not feel like I'm burdening the team.

I just finished a TDM where my ratio was 5k:1d (2vME). It was hilarious, but one of the lamest matches that I've had, and that's the reason it sticks out in my mind. It's not that I think I was good, I'm just blown away by how completely awful the competition was lol.gif