Parkour, Free Running, Building hopping fanatics

Krisp

Hi. I'm looking for some players who love to do parkour, free running, etc. I actually don't even know what the difference is between those two. I just like roaming around, climbing buildings, jumping from buildings, you know? So I usually just call it parkour even though that might not be exactly what it is.

Any ways, I'm looking to add some friends who also like to do this. I'm trying to mark all the best spots in Liberty City then make a video compilation of it so maybe some of us can share a few spots they know about or explore in free mode. Most of my current friends are not interested so I came here hoping that there are people out there who I share this interest with. I dunno what makes this so fun for me. Maybe it's the thrill of jumping off a skyscraper to another while barely grabbing on to the ledge keeping you from plummeting to your death? colgate.gif

PSN ID: Krisp

7.62 hiberNative

i've never tried it. does it work well? can the character grab ledges i mid air?

SatanOnFire

I'm a big fan of free running in GTA.

Free Running in SA was limited, but I still did it to some extent.

GTA IV has potential, and I loved the missions that had it in them, as the roofs there were designed for it. Finding other spots has been disappointing though, as sudden elevations between buildings occurs to often. As soon as I finish my final exam I'm back in the city looking for more spots. colgate.gif

Add me as a friend if your on PS3, my nickname is BugsyTK.

I wish you could hold a button to hang from ledges and cars if you miss a jump slightly.Yes i love jumping from rooftops and stuff but i usually just do it while chasing or running from somebody.

Whao

This is a seriously cool idea.

Ill add you asap.

This could be what sparks me back into GTA

Hi. I'm looking for some players who love to do parkour, free running, etc. I actually don't even know what the difference is between those two. I just like roaming around, climbing buildings, jumping from buildings, you know? So I usually just call it parkour even though that might not be exactly what it is.

Any ways, I'm looking to add some friends who also like to do this. I'm trying to mark all the best spots in Liberty City then make a video compilation of it so maybe some of us can share a few spots they know about or explore in free mode. Most of my current friends are not interested so I came here hoping that there are people out there who I share this interest with. I dunno what makes this so fun for me. Maybe it's the thrill of jumping off a skyscraper to another while barely grabbing on to the ledge keeping you from plummeting to your death? colgate.gif

I'm a freerunner,

basically when someone practises parkour their called a traceur, getting from A to B as quickly as possible, Freerunners are allowed to get from A to B but showing off with flips and such.

I like doing Parkour in GTA. I want to make it a goal to be able to escape the police (Maybe up to 3 or 4 stars) while completely on foot evading them. If anyone wants to mess around in freemode looking for spots, add me up! (Recon77 is Gamertag). I usually like joining random freeroam's and evading the deathmatchers by running through alleyways and sometimes finding a building to navigate along the way. I would love to one day know the city inside and out, and be able to basically run down any street knowing escape routes of various sorts, like running through a building, using some object to boost to a fire-escape, or going through a tricky alleyway lightning fast.

Oooooh, I'm not super-creative, but I did find a line onto a building near the swingset in Broker, and I thought if I got enough of those it would make a good movie. I have a Pinnacle 500 capture card, and I am learning Sony Vegas, but trust me, if I had to fall back to WMM, I would do a complete BEAST job. No rainbow color hue crap, I know the ins and outs. To sum it up: I can get my own clips, and if you need an editor, I could do a good job with Vegas, or a great job in WMM.

I really need to get off my butt and make another video anyways, so if you're up for just parkour or doing absolutely whatever, add me. Xbox Live GT is "Insetik 47"

EDIT: Crap, you're PS3, I'm Xbox. That might complicate things...

Oooooh, I'm not super-creative, but I did find a line onto a building near the swingset in Broker, and I thought if I got enough of those it would make a good movie. I have a Pinnacle 500 capture card, and I am learning Sony Vegas, but trust me, if I had to fall back to WMM, I would do a complete BEAST job. No rainbow color hue crap, I know the ins and outs. To sum it up: I can get my own clips, and if you need an editor, I could do a good job with Vegas, or a great job in WMM.

I really need to get off my butt and make another video anyways, so if you're up for just parkour or doing absolutely whatever, add me. Xbox Live GT is "Insetik 47"

EDIT: Crap, you're PS3, I'm Xbox. That might complicate things...

You got MSN Messenger or something?

I can get clips off recording my TV with my camcorder but the quality is pretty bad. Damn, this sounded so great before the different console part.

Well I first read this topic thinking it was a bit dumb BUT I then went online and played around with it and the physics and movement make for an amazingly fun time especially with the huge city. I can't wait to do this with others! PSN- ElmoTheKiller

• 1 month later...

I do parkour in real life. Its sh*t on this game its impossible lol.

So dosn't interest me at all.

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

hey to all you xbox live guys who replied: count me in, add me or whatever. i do this stuff all the time. "you'll never take me alive!" >leaps to certain death<

I do parkour in real life. Its sh*t on this game its impossible lol.

So dosn't interest me at all.

Nice job reviving this old topic that was dead. bored.gif

Foolish_Pigeon

I'm up for this. Add me:

PSN: Banana_Poisoning

Put Parkour or something in the message so I know who it's from. biggrin.gif

This never happened, there's no reason to post your PSN ID's here.

Last time Krisp logged on was June 11'th.

Please, let this thread die already? confused.gif

LOL.

Sorry I was the one who started it off again.

tounge.gif

Foolish_Pigeon

Yeah, apparently he isn't on the forums anymore, but he still plays GTA and a few people can invite others into a game that he starts or someone else starts.

It's all relative.

• 2 weeks later...

biggrin.gif I love doing this lol its all i do really smile.gif

PSN: damon92

oh and btw the difference is freerunning includes tricking too wink.gif

sounds like fun

add me

PSN: dov3434

i've never tried it. does it work well? can the character grab ledges i mid air?

yess but u must also click X or for ps3 i think its Square while in midair to grab the ledge

CaptianBadass

Hey I love doin free running in GTA. I have an xbox, so anyone else on live who wants to join, send me a request. ColdBloodBarrel