'Indiana Jones' knocks 'GTA IV' from the top

joe_bevis

I can't believe the hype is dying so quickly.

First GTA IV gets knocked out by COD4 and Halo from XBOX Live! list, and now this.

PC version incoming!

autotheftisgrand

EDIT: NEVERMIND! biggrin.gif

Edited by autotheftisgrand

First GTA IV gets knocked out by COD4 and Halo from XBOX Live! list, and now this.

PC version incoming!

I can. Pretty much everyone is highly disappointed, in one way or another, with GTA IV. I haven't played IV for some time now as there's nothing left to do in it - sure, I can continue to free roam, but there are only so many times it's fun blowing myself up with a grenade.

Multiplayer still holds my interest slightly, but more and more of the game modes are turning into instant deathmatches.

Of course it would get beaten. Movies are cheaper than a video game; and some people don't have the next-gen consoles.

It's not a movie, it's a LEGO game.

GTA IV beaten by the game for 7year olds, lol.

autotheftisgrand

Sorry about that haha! Hmmm.. of course seeing as how Indiana Jones has a lot more fanbase than GTA4, plus it's lego!

SantiagoDomingo
Of course it would get beaten. Movies are cheaper than a video game; and some people don't have the next-gen consoles.

It's not a movie, it's a LEGO game.

GTA IV beaten by the game for 7year olds, lol.

If only people would read everything rather than just posting a response to the title.

It had to be knocked off by something. It would be better if it was another big game like MGS 4.

Haha what in the name of hell? That fast? And by a lego game? Well, this game was really popular! lol.gif

o6ifrl.png
Dreaming of California, where the sun never sets.

autotheftisgrand

Now I'm thinking of a game that has GTA/Lego mashed-up. Just for the sake of the more childish members of society.

lovesoup101

It had to be knocked off by something.    It would be better if it was another big game like MGS 4.

icon13.gif MGS4, please... dozingoff.gif a console exclusive will never top GTA IV

lets see, what we got

Battlefield: Bad Company, the new frostbite engine will rock, and this time it isn't a MMO FPS, it HAS a story.

Alan Wake, made by Remedy Ent. no comment needed.

Mafia 2

now these game will top GTA IV when they're released.

user posted image

SantiagoDomingo
It had to be knocked off by something.    It would be better if it was another big game like MGS 4.

icon13.gif MGS4, please... dozingoff.gif a console exclusive will never top GTA IV

lets see, what we got

Battlefield: Bad Company, the new frostbite engine will rock, and this time it isn't a MMO FPS, it HAS a story.

Mafia 2

The demo for Battlefield: Bad Company is better than COD 4 or GTA 4.

lets see, what we got

Mafia 2

I found the demo actually pretty boring, besides the destruction, nothing else was all that impressive.

SantiagoDomingo

lets see, what we got

Mafia 2

I found the demo actually pretty boring, besides the destruction, nothing else was all that impressive.

I like the large, open environments, the cool sound effects, being able to roll around in tank, hummer, etc . . . the overall look of the game. The multiplayer has been keeping me very entertained.

I also found bad company boring, the only real thing that it has going for it is that you can use all the different types of vehicles.

The story reminds me of a old WW2 war film with Clint Eastwood in it or maybe that 3 kings movie icon13.gif

I just got call of duty 4 and it is a lot better wink.gif

@ topic

GTA 4 sold a lot of copies very fast, I'd say the sales are having a lull because they have run out of copies also that lego game is on a heck of a lot of different formats and gta is only on 2.

PC version incoming!

Yeah, Exactly!

I can. The majority of the people who bought and played IV, including myself, were dissapointed big time in it.

Coltrane's Muse

I can. The majority of the people who bought and played IV, including myself, were dissapointed big time in it.

The lack of steak was also unsettling.

user posted image

What better way to usurp the title, then the return of the Fidora!

He's still the same Indy, unlike James Bond! I can even bring myself to watch the last James Bond pic since they gave Brosnan the check and the door. It's so sad that they have to cast young people to garner an audience. The originals are the best, and as anyone clamoring for Vice City knows, we need Liotta in the game!

Mr.Ruthless

It had to be knocked off by something I guess. But a Lego game? That's embarrassing.

SantiagoDomingo
What better way to usurp the title, then the return of the Fidora!

He's still the same Indy, unlike James Bond! I can even bring myself to watch the last James Bond pic since they gave Brosnan the check and the door. It's so sad that they have to cast young people to garner an audience. The originals are the best, and as anyone clamoring for Vice City knows, we need Liotta in the game!

I don't know man, I think I liked the latest bond the best. He is at least better than Pierce Brosnan.

As for the Lego game, its f*cking legos . . . who doesn't love legos.

lets see, what we got

Mafia 2

Forgot to respond with Halo getting top billing and it's PC and console... so MGS will do well with it's fanbase and I suspect a few additional players by word of mouth.

I don't agree about the new Bond. I like everyone since Connery, to be honest, but Pierce I've followed since Remington Steele and that show was awesome! Still funny today if you buy the DVD collection of the first season (no followups out yet!??!?)

The Movie will also have great lasting impact, with it's upcoming next gen game iteration. I was thinking film as well, LEGO is popular, there's no way around it.

Thing is Hannah Montana doesn't appeal to adults, just their kids, and so it goes...the commercial factor is parents BUYING things for the abundance of younguns we have mucking up pop culture! Dammit all to Heck

Edited by Slamman

Dam, mustv been my little sisters fault, she brought a copy of lego indy over the weekend for her bday! sarcasm.gif

/me breaks into her room and trashes the place. devil.gif

That'll teach her! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

"Any man can have one really bad day and end up just like me."

--The Joker

GTAaddictforever

and it begins........

reason GTA 4 sold so many copies in opening week = success of Vice City and especially....San Andreas.

GTA 4's lifespan = short

San Andreas went on to sell 22 million copies. Best selling game ever made in USA. It continues to sell even after all these years.

I have a feeling GTA 4 won't enjoy that success.

I'm sick of you. You don't offer anything but moaning. If your intent is NOT to be a jerk in winding up GTA fans, then I must say your existence is a pathetic one. Sitting on a forum devoted to a game you don't like, and whining about how awful it is. How you can expect to be tolerated here is beyond me.

Having an opinion is one thing. Constantly ramming it down everyone's throats until the end of time is another. So I, right here, right now, am establishing this as the official end to your time here. Be gone.

Mr.Ruthless
I don't know man, I think I liked the latest bond the best. He is at least better than Pierce Brosnan.

He's alot better than Brosnan. At least now we have a Bond who actually looks like he can pass the SAS selection.

SantiagoDomingo
I don't know man, I think I liked the latest bond the best.  He is at least better than Pierce Brosnan. 

He's alot better than Brosnan. At least now we have a Bond who actually looks like he can pass the SAS selection.

. . . but he has no balls . . .

It makes sense though, all those ladies he sleeps with, they never get pregnant.

tarquin biscuitbarrel

the 'majority' of people are disappointed?

eh?

not even the majority of people on this forum are disappointed, and forums are renowned for being full of crybaby whiners.

I don't know man, I think I liked the latest bond the best.  He is at least better than Pierce Brosnan. 

Sean Connery<Roger Moore<The rest<George Lazenby

Yq5y51Y.png

Remington Steele was like Bond, and I like Brosnan... even his odd roles he takes now. I don't see how anyone can dislike him. He's always amusing.

I was religiously watching Bond when Roger Moore was in the role. Brosnan referred to his role as Bond as "a hoot" He did enjoy it.