VC for 360

Matthias King

Matthias King

I posted a topic similar to this in the LCS section, but I thought I'd add it here too. Recently I heard something about a small developer working with Rockstar to work LCS and VCS onto the 360, and possibly III, VC, and SA as well, as part of some "Legacy Collection" boxset or something. Anyone heard anything like that?

And if they did that, I was thinking that I wish they would make one change to III and VC, which is to add the camera control to the right thumbstick while driving and on foot, as it is in SA and all subsequent GTA's. The absense of that is my only complaint when going back to III and VC. Any thoughts?

Would be a great chance to tweak a few things in the past games. But i suppose it not right to change classics.

I'm sure something like this would happen in the near future for next gen consoles.

The Kirbster

There really isn't a point in adding III, Vice City and San Andreas to the Xbox 360, they're already available as Xbox Originals, and can be played on the Xbox 360 if you have a hard drive. The graphics are a ton better on the 360 too.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, LCS and VCS are Sony Exclusives, meaning they are only for the PSP and PS2-No PC or X-box. Also, GTA 3, VC, and SA are already available on X-box. Hope this helps.

There really isn't a point in adding III, Vice City and San Andreas to the Xbox 360, they're already available as Xbox Originals, and can be played on the Xbox 360 if you have a hard drive. The graphics are a ton better on the 360 too.

And, on the 360, you may find the frame rate drops very often. It happens quite bad in III, VC, But not too bad in SA.

doesntcheatGTA
If they are backward compatible, what is the point?
user posted image

Killer.Khan

I highly doubt that at this time (2008). That they'll patch their systems to hold a 2 year old game.

Plus. Those were Sony exclusives.

NIKO_LIBERTY

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andrea's were all exclusive to Sony.

The next GTA after GTA IV is also going back to Sony as a exclusive I can post the link if you wish.

The Kirbster

The next GTA after GTA IV is also going back to Sony as a exclusive I can post the link if you wish.

Please do, I doubt that it will go back to being a Sony exclusive.

Killer.Khan

If GTA 3, VC, and SA were all exclusive to Sony, how come they were all ported to the XBOX?

Flesh-n-Bone

If GTA 3, VC, and SA were all exclusive to Sony, how come they were all ported to the XBOX?

As well as the PC. GTA is too good for being "exclusive" to one platform. It's just unfair.

Killer.Khan

True, but imagine what wonders it could do for Sony if it was exclusive to them.

You did know that GTA was originally meant to be exclusive to Sony ever since GTA 69' right?

Flesh-n-Bone

Nope, I wasn't a gamer at all back then. But it's unfair to make any GTA exclusive to one platform. I just don't feel so, because the game is too good. Come on, the most successful series ever being exclusive to one platform. Screw you, R*.

Yes, and the visuals can be improved on the PC versions anyway.

sad.gif Yeah that's unfair because me i am going to buy a PS2 only to have VCS and LCS. And about San andreas stories, the next gta (probably), that would be unfair if they would put it only on PS3 because Xbox 360 is a next-gen console too.

Flesh-n-Bone
sad.gif Yeah that's unfair because me i am going to buy a PS2 only to have VCS and LCS. And about San andreas stories, the next gta (probably), that would be unfair if they would put it only on PS3 because Xbox 360 is a next-gen console too.

what I did... bought a ps2 only for the stories titles. They wasted a lot of my papers. Rockstar are being a big dick, grease ball f*cks.

Are they better than on the original Xbox or just the PS2?

Mainland Marauder

So we have a topic about Vice on the 360 and another about Vice on the PS3.

Can we merge these or something, Spuds or Justin?

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

Ars Gratia Artis
So we have a topic about Vice on the 360 and another about Vice on the PS3.

Can we merge these or something, Spuds or Justin?

But they are two entirely different consoles.

doesntcheatGTA

I have the original trilogy for the PS2, Xbox, and PC. But if they re-made them for the 360 I'd be sure to get them. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea. But since they're so classic I would just drop the idea and maybe just revamp the cities like they did with Liberty City in GTA IV.