9/11 mission

claude1996

claude1996

well in the so called mission that were supposed to fly the dodo into the donald love building wouldnt it explode? if so if you jumped out (which claude never ever does) wouldnt he died from impact so you must have had some sort of parachute.i have never HEARD OF THERE BEING A PARACHUTE!

It would probably be a cutscene. Claude jumps out of the dodo with a parachute, but you only see the parachute during that scene. (Someone should recreate that mission as a mod.)

I think he'd be unreal and jump onto a big box and live, like Catalina.

BTW, how's the mod, Claude?

Edited by mincemate003

I think he'd be unreal and jump onto a big box and live, like Catalina.

BTW, how's the mod, Claude?

Catalina survived after the jump because there were cardboard boxes in the container. THey softed the falling

Catalina survived  after the jump because there were cardboard boxes in the container. THey softed the falling

Well I was wondering if Claude would do the same thing after jumping out of the Dodo, or if it was too high...

Edited by mincemate003

Catalina survived  after the jump because there were cardboard boxes in the container. THey softed the falling

Well I was wondering if Claude would do the same thing after jumping out of the Dodo, or if it was to high...

Man, the Love Media building is damn high!

Well maybe he crashed the plane into a lower part of the building? Or maybe he just falls from a great height and survives like all the other unrealistic characters in GTA?

It would probably be a cutscene. Claude jumps out of the dodo with a parachute, but you only see the parachute during that scene. (Someone should recreate that mission as a mod.)

That was exactly what I was gonna post.

Yeah, when was that mission confirmed by a reliable source?

It has never been confirmed, and it never existed. Just some stupid ass rumor that was going around shortly after the initial release. Anyone remember all the 4th island rumors that was supposed to get unlocked when you got 100%?

WbZaxRP.png

It has never been confirmed, and it never existed. Just some stupid ass rumor that was going around shortly after the initial release. Anyone remember all the 4th island rumors that was supposed to get unlocked when you got 100%?

Actually, I never heard that.

I heard that one.

The tunnels were supposed to open up then.

doesntcheatGTA

You are all talking about a hypothetical mission, just to remind you. monocle.gif

user posted image

Actualy I tried to recreate this mission via the LC mod for SA yesterday! I got the Dodo from the Airport. I flied to the Love Media building. I jumped from the Dodo, it crashed in the building and I landed on parachute. I though to make a video but this was nothing special so I decided not to do it

Well the Love building is near the water so claude might've jumped out earlyer in the cutscene but... he doesn't swim:(

Well the Love building is near the water so claude might've jumped out earlyer in the cutscene but... he doesn't swim:(

As I said in my previous post I tried to recreate the scene and believe me - there's no way to crash the plane and to jump in the water. If you jump from the plane when you are over the water it will crash on some lower building or on the road

As I said in my previous post I tried to recreate the scene and believe me - there's no way to crash the plane and to jump in the water. If you jump from the plane when you are over the water it will crash on some lower building or on the road

Yeah but it'd still be a cutscene so they might've scripted it in a way the plane stays on the same height?

• 1 month later...

but what about all the other missions that was supposed to happen like bombing lc stadium where would the bombs come out of the plane and the school bus mission some one wouild see you and tell the cops and even if the kids were not seen what if they all just ran out the back before you got to 8 balls also some one would have to restart the bus just because you cant getb to stanton that early in portland the only missions i belive of darkels is the ice cream truck and the trial by fire and those were already been in the game i have looked through all the beta pics and found nothing to even do with darkel the shot were claude is in his tunnel you see those thugs and there are only 3 visible claude is standing in front of one. is rockstar trying to hide something from us like that there was sex and nudity in the beta game

I was not suposed to be you .. aka the un-named character. It was suposed to be the old man, your guid.

He was suposed to flip out and laugh insainly and fly away, into the building.

what do u mean, 'supposed' to? its just ur opinion, rockstar never said anything about that mission or if it even existed

99.98% of teenagers surround their minds with cod4, if your a part of the 00.02% that doesn't own the game, put this in your sig.

Personaly i dont think the name should be 9/11 mission cause you guys are dis respecting the men and woman and children who died that day.

no we're not, we're disscussing the mission that was taken out of gta3 because of 9/11 (i know its a rumour but still)

99.98% of teenagers surround their minds with cod4, if your a part of the 00.02% that doesn't own the game, put this in your sig.

I don't believe this rumor at all and if you think about it you can prove how silly it is.

A game that was scheduled to come out within weeks of 9/11/01 just happening to have a airplane-crash-into-building mission would be a very bizarre coincidence, first of all.

Secondly (and this is better proof), the 3D environment in GTA III is not realistically designed for you to explore by air -- building tops aren't completed and solid from an aerial perspective, and the incomplete ghost town from the opening cutscene, that you're obviously not supposed go to in free roam, is connected to the Liberty City environment and accessible by air, not hidden in a heaven the way it would be in a GTA designed for flying like San Andreas.

When 9/11 happened GTA III was almost ready to ship. The map is the first thing Rockstar does in GTA development and if flying was meant to be in the game before 9/11, all the map problems I mentioned would have been taken care of long before. After 9/11 Rockstar delayed GTA III only three weeks, enough time to change the police cars and take the Darkel terrorist character out of the script. There is evidence of him remaining in the game files because they didn't spend a lot of time removing him. If there were other major cuts like this airplane mission rumor, people would have found bits and pieces of it in the data. Hot Coffee in San Andreas is proof that when Rockstar cut things from games they only cared about making it not happen in the game and not about erasing the data.

i know its a rumour

yes, thank you Magic_Al for reminding me

CarnageRacing00

wtf is wrong with you people?

Maybe the next game should feature a mission where you drive a bus load of jews into an oven? Or maybe you collect black people from the streets and sell them as indentured servants? You people need help.

wtf is wrong with you people?

Maybe the next game should feature a mission where you drive a bus load of jews into an oven? Or maybe you collect black people from the streets and sell them as indentured servants? You people need help.

You have no bloody idea what they're talking about, do you?

• 4 months later...