split sides

kev the man

kev the man

who do u prefer katt williams or ricky grevais and who would u like to see in the future

RimsLookLikeCocaCola

Katt Williams

'I just want some regular weed.' That killed me on WKTT

Currently have 10 cookies

Member of MAHFSWWM and The Society of the Black Spot.

My good friend died of cancer, now after seeing Ricky's act on the subject, I hope he does next! Poor taste does not equal humor. the audience laughed like a canned sitcom track! I blame Rockstar* for this injustice. I guess Dave Chappelle turned them down?? Why, He loved VC!?

My good friend died of cancer, now after seeing Ricky's act on the subject, I hope he does next! Poor taste does not equal humor. the audience laughed like a canned sitcom track! I blame Rockstar* for this injustice. I guess Dave Chappelle turned them down?? Why, He loved VC!?

Ive lost people close to me to the big C too , but its only a show , Maybe it was in bad taste but thats just his style , its shock commedy , He doesnt wish it on any one! If you had lost someone to this , you would NEVER wish it on any one!

Fistinface

Ricky Gervais has me howling with laughter. I don't find his humor that bad. But i suppose we all have sore points. I have ginger hair and if Ricky took the piss out of that i suppose i'd wanna cut his f*cking throat. So i can certainly see it from Slammans' point of view.

Ricky Gervais. He's sh*t on GTA. Just as he is in real life.

Katt Williams on the other hand had me in fits of laughter. Never heard of the guy until GTA IV, but he's brilliant.

RimsLookLikeCocaCola
Ricky Gervais. He's sh*t on GTA. Just as he is in real life.

Katt Williams on the other hand had me in fits of laughter. Never heard of the guy until GTA IV, but he's brilliant.

You should watch the Pimp Chronicles if you think thats funny.

Katt is a beast.

'Never in the history of Niggadom has that ever happened'

Currently have 10 cookies

Member of MAHFSWWM and The Society of the Black Spot.

GTA3Freak-2001

Ricky is defiantly funnier, British comedy always wins out for me. As for Katt Williams, didn't find him funny in the least but hey I find Dave Chappelle unfunny as well.

kev the man

dident anyone find it funny when katt talks about where the cats and dogs have gone lol

They're both funny. Although Ricky does the same stuff he does on his DVD's (I have them all!) as he does on the game so I found Katt Williams' stuff funnier because I hadn't heard it before - or of him for that matter!

I went to watch Gervais last year in Sheffield, England and he had me in stitches...and I know he's big in the US as well. I'll definately look out for Katt Williams now because he very funny too!

All jokes will offend certain people, and the majority of jokes are in poor taste. You expect people to write their acts in order to not offend anyone? And besides, as much as I hate Ricky Gervais, hoping he dies of cancer makes you just as bad as him.

Katt Williams

''Weed is illegal, they should put that on the brochure''

NIKO_LIBERTY

I can only watch Kat William's on the television and he is not funny in the slightest. American comedians are utter rubbish as said by an American, American's don't have a sense of comedy.

Ricky Gervais while talking rubbish is funny although his random stuff he says on the radio gets me confused as to what the hell he's talking about.

I think American's get the wrong idea of English people in the game as well since we certainly don't speak in that posh a accent. See 'I'm Rich' utter joke!

Was a bit dissapointed with Ricky Gervais, i imagine when R* sighned him it was at the time he was huge! He dipped soon after when he started repeating all of his material.... Billy Connolly on the next splitting sides tour! The mans a legend!

Rticky Gervais is brilliant, but I had already seen his stuff before.

It is the same material as he did on his live tour (I guess R* were counting on not so many Americans having seen it)

I thought Katt Williams was ok, but not awesome.

I don't know what Katt williams is like live, but watching Ricky Gervais CGI stand up was pretty lame compared to watching him live. You don't get nearly the same sense of his facial expressions etc.

TheSamurai Hobo

I watched my grandpa die from cancer in the hospital.

Suck it up?

I don't think Ricky Gervais is funny at all. It's got nothing to do with joking in bad taste. He's just crap.

totally agree, lost my respect, prick

I didnt find any of them funny in game. Rickys all right and so is Katt but in gmae it just wasnt the same. There jokes died on there arses along with the rest of there careers hopefully.

skiptoomyloo

You guys better be thankful R* didn't get desperate and ask Carlo's Mencia to be in the game.

totally agree, lost my respect, prick

You lost your respect for him? Why? Ricky Gervais' routine is ALWAYS done in bad taste. It's not like he did anything different.

Neither are particularly funny in game. Ricky Gervais is just predictable and Katt Williams only seems to appeal to "rebellious" stoners (you know.. the ones who talk about how they smoke weed all the time. Great. It's not exactly a class A drug is it?)

I was disappointed as the magazines said something to the effect of "The stand up comedy will be implemented in such a way that will make your mind boggle."

No, it isnt. It's just a cut scene that you watch. Whats making my mind boggle?

Ive worked in the entertainment industry for a while with my father an the general opinion from the people who matter is live ricky is awful. His sitcoms in the uk are funny, but its another world to stand up on a stage though.

Never worked with katt so cant comment but found him funny on gta.

SantiagoDomingo
I can only watch Kat William's on the television and he is not funny in the slightest. American comedians are utter rubbish as said by an American, American's don't have a sense of comedy.

Ricky Gervais while talking rubbish is funny although his random stuff he says on the radio gets me confused as to what the hell he's talking about.

I think American's get the wrong idea of English people in the game as well since we certainly don't speak in that posh a accent. See 'I'm Rich' utter joke!

America is all about humor. Thomas Edison, inventor of the lightbulb, made a deal with Nikola Tesla, the man that really invented the light bulb, Edison was to pay Tesla $50,000 for helping Edison in the field of electrical engineering. When Tesla asked for the money Edison responded 'You have a lot to learn about the American sense of humor.' Edison then went on to steal the majority of Tesla's ideas. Tesla and Edison then had an inventor's war for the remainder of their lives, Tesla dominated.

Katt Williams is hilariously funny in real life. Ricky Gervais doesn't do anything for me. In GTA IV everything gets worse than you expected so it is only plausible that Katt and Ricky's stand-up would be worse than expected. Katt Williams doesn't even really sound like himself, like they recorded it on a computer microphone or something. In real life though Katt is crazy. Check him out on YouTube.

SantiagoDomingo
I was looking forward to seeing ricky gervais. But cancer jokes just arnt funny.

Controversy is funny. Some people deal with pain and anguish through humor, more people should try it.

NIKO_LIBERTY

America is all about humor. Thomas Edison, inventor of the lightbulb, made a deal with Nikola Tesla, the man that really invented the light bulb, Edison was to pay Tesla $50,000 for helping Edison in the field of electrical engineering. When Tesla asked for the money Edison responded 'You have a lot to learn about the American sense of humor.' Edison then went on to steal the majority of Tesla's ideas. Tesla and Edison then had an inventor's war for the remainder of their lives, Tesla dominated.

Katt Williams is hilariously funny in real life. Ricky Gervais doesn't do anything for me. In GTA IV everything gets worse than you expected so it is only plausible that Katt and Ricky's stand-up would be worse than expected. Katt Williams doesn't even really sound like himself, like they recorded it on a computer microphone or something. In real life though Katt is crazy. Check him out on YouTube.

No I don't want to frikin research Kat Williams cause I said he's not funny so why would I want to research the idiot?

You only like Williams cause he's American stereo-type.

I found them both to be funny; altho for me, the edge goes to Katt Williams. I had heard of Gervais but I had him confused with Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) - I honestly thought it was Ricky so...I guess this is my first time ever seeing/hearing him. British humor is funny, but in a different way...maybe its the delivery, maybe its the accent, who knows?

Father Ted is still one of the funniest shows of all time to me.

Edited to add: I knew I'd seen him somewhere else before...Extras. Funny show.

Edited by RONIN1191