Easiest, yet funnest.

GI-Jacob

I think that this GTA was the easiest, but yet it was the best of all the others. Mostly because it was the funnest and best of because it was created in the Next-Gen console era.

All of the missions were fairly simple, besides maybe some, and was a little short. But who cares, it's a sand-box game so you can do whatever.

wretlingrock392

i agree with you 100% but like in all the other threads some1 will come on here and bash your ideas

mjnichols16

Yep I agree. GTA3's missions had some rediculous missions, Vice City had its share of challenging missions and San Andreas was just plain long.GTA4 had a nice balance between the two, didn't feel too hard or too long (haha).

thecosmicfly

I don't think GTA IV was easier but rather more forgiving and less frustrating. In the past GTA's we had to deal with poor shooting mechanics and constantly respawning cops/SWAT until we got to a pay n spray. That's all been rectified in IV. And I always found myself getting sidetracked from the missions in the previous GTA's as well. I never did get to San Fierro in SA (Well, there is a reason why I stopped playing SA's missions all together, but thats another story). IV made me wan to keep going and finish the game.

Blitterbug
I think that this GTA was the easiest, but yet it was the best of all the others. Mostly because it was the funnest and best of because it was created in the Next-Gen console era.

All of the missions were fairly simple, besides maybe some, and was a little short. But who cares, it's a sand-box game so you can do whatever.

I mostly tend to agree, but I think R* were reaching out to the mainstream audience this time round. Having said that, I'm not ashamed to admit I had to retry several missions (notably good ol' 3 leaf), though sometimes on the retry I sailed through. The motorcycle chase missions were some of the toughest for me.

tarquin biscuitbarrel

GTAIV has the most interesting areas to explore.

SA had lots of countryside/desert, but it was empty and dead. many of the small towns around the countryside and desert were life-less and boring.

the great part of SA was the variation, where you're driving up a mountain in the country, then through a city, then over a bridge into the desert blah blah. so it was nice, a good idea from rockstar to go there.

but i'm perfectly happy with the setting of IV. it's a perfect parody of NYC (and part of new jersey i guess).

rolled tight

I’m a GTA freak and I love the game but I think that past GTAs were much funnier. I attribute this to the British humor that seems to have made its way into this installment. GTA is set in the US and IMO shouldn’t include this sort of dry comedy.

Like this British comic Ricky Gervais. I can think of so many current and upcoming comics off the top of my head that would have been better than that guy. And he’s relatively unknown outside of some sh*tty show called the office that I’ve only seen once. Seriously he made me slightly chuckle TWICE. Not even a full laugh. Also… WTF are Pie and Chips? Any Europeans want to explain?

Now, onto Kat Williams. I have never heard of him before and I know why. See, when a comic doesn’t make anyone laugh he cant be known as a comic.

I think SA was far funnier. I still had my moments of laughter during IV, but not like I have during other GTAs.

tarquin biscuitbarrel
I’m a GTA freak and I love the game but I think that past GTAs were much funnier. I attribute this to the British humor that seems to have made its way into this installment. GTA is set in the US and IMO shouldn’t include this sort of dry comedy.

Like this British comic Ricky Gervais. I can think of so many current and upcoming comics off the top of my head that would have been better than that guy. And he’s relatively unknown outside of some sh*tty show called the office that I’ve only seen once. Seriously he made me slightly chuckle TWICE. Not even a full laugh. Also… WTF are Pie and Chips? Any Europeans want to explain?

Now, onto Kat Williams. I have never heard of him before and I know why. See, when a comic doesn’t make anyone laugh he cant be known as a comic.

I think SA was far funnier. I still had my moments of laughter during IV, but not like I have during other GTAs.

what sort of stuff do you find funny? i thought IV was a lot funnier than SA.

ricky gervais and katt williams are not the funniest comedians ever, but you can't argue with their success.

pie and chips

user posted image

Blitterbug

All the GTAs are of British origin - perhaps this is just more evident in this outing, as R* wanted to do a stand-up club and Mr Gervais is currently doing rather well in the US (The Office, an appearance on The Simpsons)?

I do agree others (notably the two PSP games) had funnier ads on the radio, and funnier talk shows, but many moments on IV have almost made me sh*t myself laughing.

I can't believe how many people mention 'the office' (BBC, very funny) but not 'Extras'... It's:

1. Much more recent

2. Emmy and Golden globe winning

3. Hysterical, even if you don't like Gervais since he makes fun of himself SO much.

Maybe no one has cable...

I finished GTA4 About a week ago, and I found about all missions too easy. catspider.gif

I don't know why everyone thinks IV is the easiest GTA. I thought it was at the same level of difficulty or even more difficult.

blitsbebop

I thought Vice City was funny.

"Yeah, you walk away...AND WHERES THAT SLUT?!" a line from Vice City.

XD Vice City is epic and can't be top in terms of funny.

SA and 3 are some what the same in terms of funny.

Remember the Pogo The Monkey from GTA3 ? lol.gif

I did find some sh*t in IV funny on the talk radios and when Jeff got hit my a car.

This is GTAF where everyday a motherf*cker is gettin banned. Like me!

The easiness added to me having less fun. I like a challenge every once and a while, which was not in IV AT ALL for me. Also, the missions were way too repetitive for me to have fun just driving somewhere and killing a bunch of people. Not much creativity at all.