What religion are you?

365_days_gone

Just to let you know, this isn't going to end well tounge.gif.

I'd like to consider myself Agnostic.

Have to agree with Doink on the future of this one. wink.gif

Secular Humanist here.

vbSWr1A.gif

Born and raised Catholic.

Naturally, I'm agnostic.

Metal up your ass!

The Unvirginiser

Jedi monocle.gif

Seriously I'm Christian

I've been doing RS all year for A Level...

I'm more athiest now than i was last September

kippers.png

doesntcheatGTA

An Agnostic is an Atheist without balls (even though you are a girl). I'm an Atheist, but that is not a religion.

user posted image

manofpeace

What, you were level 2, now you're level 6? tounge.gif

I'm agnostic. I won't fully believe in religion until I get some realistic proof.

An Agnostic is an Atheist without balls (even though you are a girl). I'm an Atheist, but that is not a religion.

Exactly tounge.gif

I don't want to completely dismiss anything, even though there's no raw proof out there.

What, you were level 2, now you're level 6? tounge.gif

Ha lol.gif

Despite not believing in any religion, i find it extremely interesting. I guess it pays to get both sides of the story

kippers.png

I don't believe in religion. I don't wish to be classed as anything either. just nothing. Religion is just bullsh*t that starts wars (Muslims) and is a back up when everything goes wrong.

Digïtál £vîl

Haha. tounge2.gif No. An agnostic simply understands that other people might feel the need for some sort of order and ultimate power that is out of their control. While I don't technically believe in god, I am not going to rule out and put down other people's beliefs simply because of that. Everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want to. You can try to educate them about various facts, but when it comes down to it. You can't change everyone. An agnostic understands this and decides to respect other's ultimate decision in their beliefs. A plain atheist seems to refuse that some people aren't logical enough to see there is no "higher power" and tries to push their belief upon others (e.g. Atheists who try to get the "Pledge of Allegiance" changed or our money changed so it doesnt say "In God we Trust").

As an agnostic, I understand that those pieces which are tied so closely into our history and nation are there more for cultural reasons then religious and I understand that to try to change it simply to comfort myself and validate my own personal beliefs is ridiculously selfish and stupid.

I'm sure from my post you can see that I am agnostic. I tend to follow many Christian values and morals as I was raised in a Christian household, but I tend to connect those morals more toward a cultural standpoint then a religious one. I apply them to the idea that using the most common sense, you can see what works best in harmonizing everyone and everything to have the best kind of environment for everyone to live in. And in a lot of ways, some Christian morals do that. Of course.. not all of them though. lol Some morals and rules are just completely ridiculous to follow and have no real common sense base or application in the real world.

365_days_gone
I don't believe in religion. I don't wish to be classed as anything either. just nothing. Religion is just bullsh*t that starts wars (Muslims) and is a back up when everything goes wrong.

Its amazing how everyone says RELIGION STARTS WARS.

The only thing that starts wars is close-minded atheists who spend more time complaining about how much they hate religion rather than JUST NOT CARING. mad.gif

Total cookies earned to date: 71

The Unvirginiser

I know the feeling

My school teacher read out a prayer Jesus said to God word for word in the Gethsemane shortly before the Romans arrested and executed him..

I asked her who wrote down what Jesus said word for word in the Bible if he was on his own?

"Erm..ooh..ahh.. we study that next year.."

chris cambo

Im christian but i dont practise the religeon or nothing, im kinda skeptic about the whole god thing.

user posted image

365_days_gone

I know the feeling

My school teacher read out a prayer Jesus said to God word for word in the Gethsemane shortly before the Romans arrested and executed him..

I asked her who wrote down what Jesus said word for word in the Bible if he was on his own?

"Erm..ooh..ahh.. we study that next year.."

The Bible is God breathed. God wrote what Jesus said. smile.gif

365_days_gone
Im christian but i dont practise the religeon or nothing, im kinda skeptic about the whole god thing.

Then you're not really Christian now are you? smile.gif

Digïtál £vîl

The only thing that starts wars is close-minded atheists who spend more time complaining about how much they hate religion rather than JUST NOT CARING. mad.gif

Actually you are wrong. History proves you wrong. The crusades was about Catholic Christians spreading the word of god. Much of the colonization of Northern American and Central America involved tension and small wars amongst natives and new comers as the various Christian believers came to "spread the word of god" and "save the savage natives".

I wouldn't say Religion is to blame for wars, and I definitely wouldn't say Atheists started wars, especially since the concept of Atheism didn't official exist before recent times (most cultures in history were closely tied to some form of religion).

What I would say that did start many wars and issues is the idea of Organized Religion.

Look it up and educate yourself and you will see the difference.

Then...you can't really consider yourself to be Christian. That's just contradictory.

And I'm not trying to be sour or anything, it's just that "being skeptic about the whole god thing" is really not something you'd hear from a Christian.

EDIT: And let the topic spiraling out of control time begin.

I'm not sure about the stories or any of that but I believe there's a God up there.

The Bible is God breathed. God wrote what Jesus said. smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the bible was written by man. Sorry to let you down.

vbSWr1A.gif

365_days_gone

Actually you are wrong. History proves you wrong. The crusades was about Catholic Christians spreading the word of god. Much of the colonization of Northern American and Central America involved tension and small wars amongst natives and new comers as the various Christian believers came to "spread the word of god" and "save the savage natives".

I wouldn't say Religion is to blame for wars, and I definitely wouldn't say Atheists started wars, especially since the concept of Atheism didn't official exist before recent times (most cultures in history were closely tied to some form of religion).

What I would say that did start many wars and issues is the idea of Organized Religion.

See but the crusades were obviously not practising real Christianity. Christians dont kill people. So they were not practising what God wants from humans. smile.gif

Digïtál £vîl

What I find funny about this topic is the fact the creator asks others what their religion is, yet he refuses to have an open conversation about it. If you aren't Christian like him, you must be wrong and are to blame for various issues and problems throughout history.

Talk about being close minded. Which I believe was the entire point of his argument against Atheists. turn.gif

@365: Maybe you should research the saying. "Everything is relative". While they may not be practicing Christianity as you believe it to be. In their mind they were perfectly sound and devoted Christians, doing the work of god.

Exact same issue that goes on now with Extremist and terrorists. They are still Muslim, however, they have taken a different interpretation of their own religious texts and applied it to their beliefs.

365_days_gone
The Bible is God breathed. God wrote what Jesus said.  smile.gif

Yes. But it is GOD BREATHED. God inspired what the people were writing. Basically God wrote it.

Atheist. I have a friend who says, "I don't really believe in God, but I want to because if I don't I'll go to hell." That's exactly what is wrong with religion. Bullsh*t.

See but the crusades were obviously not practising real Christianity. Christians dont kill people. So they were not practising what God wants from humans. smile.gif

Yes they do. People in every religion kill people.

What do you call conservative Christians who love the death penalty?

user posted image

It feels pretty nice to be an atheist and not have to bow down to imaginary non-existant beings that you call God.

365_days_gone
What I find funny about this topic is the fact the creator asks others what their religion is, yet he refuses to have an open conversation about it. If you aren't Christian like him, you must be wrong and are to blame for various issues and problems throughout history.

Talk about being close minded. Which I believe was the entire point of his argument against Atheists. turn.gif

Not at all. Im just having a discussion with someone. Take yourself somewhere else if you cant handle our civil conversation please. smile.gif

The Bible is God breathed. God wrote what Jesus said.  smile.gif

Yes. But it is GOD BREATHED. God inspired what the people were writing. Basically God wrote it.

'God breathed'... interesting turn of phrase.

What about the old testament? Was that the result of a breathy wheeze from the almighty father also?

vbSWr1A.gif