2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
blitsbebop

Why can't the next Grand Theft Auto

motorforum
I'm being for real tho.

Why not ?

It's GTA not "Chav must fit in"

Yall just need to see pass all that teenage chav stuff.

Plus who says it has to be set in the 2000's ?

Er, the current crimes in London are pretty much all chav/wannabe gangster crimes, so there's not much to see past.

blitsbebop
I'm being for real tho.

Why not ?

Er, the current crimes in London are pretty much all chav/wannabe gangster crimes, so there's not much to see past.

I know, I live in the UK but who says it has to be set in the 2000's ?

Why it it be set in the 80's or something...

What about the other places I stated tho...what yall think about thoses ?

Kthreeone

If you played as this average middle class bloke, with no sub-cultural alliance, then I would love to play in London.

London Ear? (London Eye)

Big Dick? (Big Ben)

RastaJam Palace? (Buckingham Palace)

The Cylinder? (The Tube)

darkgunner93
It should be set in Glasgow.  Your an illegal immigrant trying to find work whilst avoiding neds and their rottweilers trying to 'chib' you.

If you thought understanding LJ was bad, just wait until you hear the citizens of Glasgow.

Or it could be a set in England. You've just come over from India. You open a corner shop, take advantage of the free NHS service and benefits, but realize you must have a child as fast as possible to ensure you can stay in the country.

Act II: You play as your son, who has grown up into a chav to fit in with the rest of the kids in the rough area. In between your criminal activities, you must do missions for your parents, which involve facing north and praying to Allah.

Eventually you'll get into the big time gangs, and the game gives you a multiple ending. Which will you choose? Suicide bombing on the train station, or a lifetime of working at the post office?

You decide! lol.gif

Lol, nice one biggrin.gif

Kthreeone

Not too fussed about the Russia and Jamaica ideas.

How about Dublin?

Cork?

Belfast?

See a patern emerging? lol.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80

How about Dublin?

Cork?

Belfast?

See a patern emerging? lol.gif

You can't have it in Cork, how many people would be able to understand a word that was said?

DanRev
I'm being for real tho.

Why not ?

So all the black-on-black killings/torture and the massive drug trade are by wannabe gangsters?

Alright. sigh.gif

CP3NO

How about Dublin?

Cork?

Belfast?

See a patern emerging?  lol.gif

You can't have it in Cork, how many people would be able to understand a word that was said?

If we can barely understand Little Jacob, how would we understand a city filled with people with the same accent, I would probably need a translator

CP3NO
It should be set in Glasgow.  Your an illegal immigrant trying to find work whilst avoiding neds and their rottweilers trying to 'chib' you.

If you thought understanding LJ was bad, just wait until you hear the citizens of Glasgow.

Or it could be a set in England. You've just come over from India. You open a corner shop, take advantage of the free NHS service and benefits, but realize you must have a child as fast as possible to ensure you can stay in the country.

Act II: You play as your son, who has grown up into a chav to fit in with the rest of the kids in the rough area. In between your criminal activities, you must do missions for your parents, which involve facing north and praying to Allah.

Eventually you'll get into the big time gangs, and the game gives you a multiple ending. Which will you choose? Suicide bombing on the train station, or a lifetime of working at the post office?

You decide! lol.gif

LMAO, but please for the record don't involve religion, it just turns into an ugly fight

Tony Mozzarelli 80

How about Dublin?

Cork?

Belfast?

If we can barely understand Little Jacob, how would we understand a city filled with people with the same accent, I would probably need a translator

Lol Cork is in Ireland dude

brewhead17

I'm being for real tho.

Why not ?

Not really, most of the serious crime in London is usually related to gangs and the drug trade. Chavs dont even come into it, they are just dumb teens in tracksuits who hang around parks drinking cider and scaring old ladies.

Edited by brewhead17

CP3NO

How about Dublin?

Cork?

Belfast?

blush.gif That was awkward, I assumed that when you said who would understand a word that was said, I thought that went directly to LJ's strong accent lol.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80

How about Dublin?

Cork?

Belfast?

blush.gif That was awkward, I assumed that when you said who would understand a word that was said, I thought that went directly to LJ's strong accent lol.gif

Lol nah the Cork accent is very thick and some people are difficult to understand

Guanxi

You've got to look at it from a stylized or overtly cinematic direction. It's got to appeal to a global audience. There is serious organized crime in london, there is no doubt about that, but its the higher plain variety.

London might have 400+ street gangs if you could even call them that, but non of them are really on the world map of organized crime, like the REAL MS 13, or have any real influence power per say, in the way that for example the bloods in LA had half of the the LAPD in their pockets throughout the mid 1990's. An urban "gangsta" Street gang theme would not work in London as you guys seem to be suggesting. That would be totally lame.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
You've got to look at it from a stylized or overtly cinematic direction. It's got to appeal to a global audience. There is serious organized crime in london, there is no doubt about that, but its the higher plain variety.

London might have 400+ street gangs if you could even call them that, but non of them are really on the world map of organized crime, like the REAL MS 13, or have any real influence power per say, in the way that for example the bloods in LA had half of the the LAPD in their pockets throughout the mid 1990's. An urban "gangsta" Street gang theme would not work in London.

Yeah but they could take some liberties and use a little artistic license.

plus it could be set in the past, ever seen the long good friday?

DanRev

London might have 400+ street gangs if you could even call them that, but non of them are really on the world map of organized crime, like the REAL MS 13, or have any real influence power per say, in the way that for example the bloods in LA had half of the the LAPD in their pockets throughout the mid 1990's.  An urban "gangsta" Street gang theme would not work in London.

I'd rather they have as little to do with the cockney cliche as possible.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

London might have 400+ street gangs if you could even call them that, but non of them are really on the world map of organized crime, like the REAL MS 13, or have any real influence power per say, in the way that for example the bloods in LA had half of the the LAPD in their pockets throughout the mid 1990's.  An urban "gangsta" Street gang theme would not work in London.

Yeah but they could have all sorts of gangs, IRA Triads, Russians, Turks, Albanians,

you could have a gang like Layercake doesn't have to be cockneys

DanRev

Yeah but they could have all sorts of gangs, IRA Triads, Russians, Turks, Albanians,

Yeah, I'd prefer to be involved in "foreign" gangs though. Wouldnt mind an English gang, but I can just feel myself cringing at the sheer cliche-ness of it all.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Yeah, I'd prefer to be involved in "foreign" gangs though. Wouldnt mind an English gang, but I can just feel myself cringing at the sheer cliche-ness of it all.

I know what your sayin, but have you seen Layer cake. they were kind of a multicultural

bunch, no cockneys, except that one bloke, and it was quite believable. I can imagine the

whole apples n pairs guvnah, getting a bit tedious i agree

GTASIX

I want it to be, but honestly they could have a problem with it being too similar to the getaway.

Tony Mozzarelli 80
I want it to be, but honestly they could have a problem with it being too similar to the getaway.

Nah they're two totally different games. Rockstar could pull it off nicely

and remember it wouldn't be a faithful re-creation just a spoof like they

have done with NYC

Guanxi

I think most people around the world would agree that London was much more culturally relevant in the 1960s, today it feel like a product of a bygone age in the shadow of new york. 1960s was an iconic period in crime for london e.g. Kray twins. Today all you ever hear about london (crime-related) is daily stabbings by bored teenagers, not really even particularly newsworthy.

*edited for spelling

Edited by Guanxi

Tony Mozzarelli 80

I think most people around the world would agree that London was much more culturally relevant in the 1960s, today it feel like a product of a bygone age in the shadow of new york. 1960s was an iconic period in crime for london e.g. Kray's. Today all you ever hear about london is daily stabbings by bored teenages, not really newsworthy.

yeah or even the '70s

blitsbebop

Then it should be set in 1960's then...maybe 1969.

It's also a time period they never tried befor.

motorforum

The PS3 version of the Getaway has been canned, so R* would be in a field of one.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

The PS3 version of the Getaway has been canned, so R* would be in a field of one.

Even if it hadn't i don't think the games would even be comparable

Capricornus

Whie I am American and live here, I would love for it to be set outside of the USA. I wanted this long before GTA SA came out. Somewhere in Europe would be lovely. I am all for London, but some blokes feel that being that the Getaway is set there, GTA should not be. I bet those same peole did not take into account that True Crime: Streets of LA was set in California, as well as GTA SA being based of Cali. yet R* made the setting a whole lot better. A GTA set "down under" would be awsome. Would love to see a setting other than a place in the US, but only time will tell.

blitsbebop

Everyone did not think going back to LC was a good idea but how that turned out.

I believe R* are master-minds at makein citys and givein them that "crime" feel to them.

mike752
Because the whole storyline of all of the 3D GTA's have had many American stereotypes and American culture in them. Imagine London, no more Hummers, no more muscle cars, it will always be dark and gloomy, no more radio talk shows making fun of Americans.

Are you another american who thinks it rains non-stop in london? Well just so you know, London actually gets less rainfall than Paris each year. And neither is London constantly foggy.

Also i have seen numerous hummers and other american cars in London. Muscle cars not so often, but hey its a game, it doesent have to be 100% true to life, rockstar could put muscle cars in.

Sorry man. See, here in America, I have not seen one picture of London where I can see the sun. Considering all of the movies I've seen and stuff, my image of London is a drab and boring place with nothing to do. But, then again, I have never been there, so I don't have first hand experience. If R* can pull it off, then I wouldn't mind London.

nealmac

Because London is a sh*thole.