2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
blitsbebop

Why can't the next Grand Theft Auto

blitsbebop

It's a really great city to vist and lots of neat places to look at. The creators of Grand Theft Auto are even from the United Kingdom so why not ?

I mean, I think they covered all of the USA's crime states. They already did Newyork, California and Miami, Florida. They have almost all the gang from the USA in almost every GTA game from "The Mob" to "Crips and Bloods" (The Ballas and Grove was suppose to give Los Santos the whole Crips and Bloods feel). The other states seem boreing besides Georgia but then that would almost be like going back SA again with the "thug" role.

If not the UK then they should try Europe, Jamaica or Russia then.

motorforum

London is a boring hell-hole. Just about perfect for the Getaway.

TT1987

Rule, Britannia!

Drakeria

There was a subject on this already, it turned out that therer are more americans who think it should be in america,

I dont know why, it always been in USA, part from london 62,69 - but it was crap

bonkydolox

it shud be set in the north of rngland not the south the south is full of pricks lol

brewhead17

No reason why not. Its just some people seem to think Britain is a crime free utopia, where everone lives in mansions and just sits around drinking tea, saying "tally ho old chap". sarcasm.gif

Stereotypes = FAIL

motorforum

One of Niko's cousins could have ran through the channel tunnel, dodged the guards at Folkestone, made it to London with his knapasack and decided to go to a BNP rally for a laugh and got done over a treat. With his trusty cat in tow, the modern-day Dick Whitington assembles his posse of Eastern European immigrants and set to rule London by aid of hard work that lazy Brits don't want to do. Brilliant setting for a game.

Featuring a supporting cast of chavs, deposed mayors who try to personally eject you from you car, £8/25 a day to enter the congested streets, a few nice areas in the west-end and radio stations publicly funded to play pop dross/classical/MOR/sport and news you've got another surefire R* hit.

G MONEY $$$

No reason that London can't be the setting of the next GTA. It could happen, there's really no way to know.

TT1987

Things will be different.

Kthreeone
No reason why not. Its just some people seem to think Britain is a crime free utopia, where everone lives in mansions and just sits around drinking tea, saying "tally ho old chap". sarcasm.gif

Stereotypes = FAIL

Yeah, it would show those ignorant Americans who want GTA all to themselves that we're just as f*cked up as them! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

blitsbebop

I don't drink tea all day.

Most my friends won't even go near a tup of tea.

bonkydolox
No reason that London can't be the setting of the next GTA. It could happen, there's really no way to know.

how many ppl dont get the fact london will probly nether be the setin ever agen cos the first time they did it it wos wank lol n guns rnt alloud n i dont think runin fags to a cheep house wud be gta material lol

mike752

Because the whole storyline of all of the 3D GTA's have had many American stereotypes and American culture in them. Imagine London, no more Hummers, no more muscle cars, it will always be dark and gloomy, no more radio talk shows making fun of Americans.

G MONEY $$$

how many ppl dont get the fact london will probly nether be the setin ever agen cos the first time they did it it wos wank lol n guns rnt alloud n i dont think runin fags to a cheep house wud be gta material lol

lolololololo u mek gud pointz!~

blitsbebop

If not the UK then they should try Europe, Jamaica or Russia then

I also stated a few other places.

Kthreeone
Because the whole storyline of all of the 3D GTA's have had many American stereotypes and American culture in them. Imagine London, no more Hummers, no more muscle cars, it will always be dark and gloomy, no more radio talk shows making fun of Americans.

Hummers and muscle cars would be replaced by crappy cars from the late 80s that and spoilers and the likes very badly glued on.

It all works out confused.gif

Oh sh*t! I'd die if you'd have to play as a f*cking chav! But I don't think two former-would-be rockstars would do that. They're too cool colgate.gif

But please, no chavs nervous.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80
One of Niko's cousins could have ran through the channel tunnel, dodged the guards at Folkestone, made it to London with his knapasack and decided to go to a BNP rally for a laugh and got done over a treat. With his trusty cat in tow, the modern-day Dick Whitington assembles his posse of Eastern European immigrants and set to rule London by aid of hard work that lazy Brits don't want to do. Brilliant setting for a game.

Featuring a supporting cast of chavs, deposed mayors who try to personally eject you from you car, £8/25 a day to enter the congested streets, a few nice areas in the west-end and radio stations publicly funded to play pop dross/classical/MOR/sport and news you've got another surefire R* hit.

He could even keep some fingerless gloves in a polka dotted bag on a stick.

what is the name for those?

G MONEY $$$

Personally I think it's fairly likely that they'll move on and introduce a brand new location.

darkgunner93

It should be set in Glasgow. Your an illegal immigrant trying to find work whilst avoiding neds and their rottweilers trying to 'chib' you.

If you thought understanding LJ was bad, just wait until you hear the citizens of Glasgow.

the nameless

I think the whole stereotype thing would be a selling point. Rock star would make everyone say things like "'ello bloke", or if there was a mission or a part set in liverpool(my city before anyone bangs on about me ripping it) - people would say "'sappnin' lad" for what is happening lad.

It would be fun - it can be just as warm and sunny as america.

brewhead17

Are you another american who thinks it rains non-stop in london? Well just so you know, London actually gets less rainfall than Paris each year. And neither is London constantly foggy.

Also i have seen numerous hummers and other american cars in London. Muscle cars not so often, but hey its a game, it doesent have to be 100% true to life, rockstar could put muscle cars in.

blitsbebop
Because the whole storyline of all of the 3D GTA's have had many American stereotypes and American culture in them.  Imagine London, no more Hummers, no more muscle cars, it will always be dark and gloomy, no more radio talk shows making fun of Americans.

Hummers and muscle cars would be replaced by crappy cars from the late 80s that and spoilers and the likes very badly glued on.

It all works out confused.gif

Oh sh*t! I'd die if you'd have to play as a f*cking chav! But I don't think two former-would-be rockstars would do that. They're too cool colgate.gif

But please, no chavs nervous.gif

I agree and no "chavs"

user posted image

Kthreeone
It should be set in Glasgow. Your an illegal immigrant trying to find work whilst avoiding neds and their rottweilers trying to 'chib' you.

If you thought understanding LJ was bad, just wait until you hear the citizens of Glasgow.

Or it could be a set in England. You've just come over from India. You open a corner shop, take advantage of the free NHS service and benefits, but realize you must have a child as fast as possible to ensure you can stay in the country.

Act II: You play as your son, who has grown up into a chav to fit in with the rest of the kids in the rough area. In between your criminal activities, you must do missions for your parents, which involve facing north and praying to Allah.

Eventually you'll get into the big time gangs, and the game gives you a multiple ending. Which will you choose? Suicide bombing on the train station, or a lifetime of working at the post office?

You decide! lol.gif

brewhead17

I doubt they would have chavs seeing as they are mostly just kids and teens. And putting kids (even though chavs are incredibly annoying and many would like to see them killed) in a game like GTA is just asking for a ban.

blitsbebop

"Act II: You play as your son, who has grown up into a chav to fit in with the rest of the kids in the rough area. In between your criminal activities, you must do missions for your parents, which involve facing north and praying to Allah."

ROFLMAO!

Tony Mozzarelli 80
I doubt they would have chavs seeing as they are mostly just kids and teens. And putting kids (even though chavs are incredibly annoying and many would like to see them killed) in a game like GTA is just asking for a ban.

I think the protagonist should be based on Lady Sovereign,

You should have to like blatantly like chief some breres hoody

and the only weapon should be her grimey chat, standard blood

blitsbebop

No, she is the definition of a chav.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

No, she is the definition of a chav.

What ya chattin about batty boy? i'll get ma bredrens to merc you

Kthreeone

It could be set in England...but further back in time than Rockstar have ever gone!

I can't give away many spoilers. All I can say is that the last mission involves you playing as Lady Godiva, riding naked through the streets of Coventry, and then doing a horse-by on Peeping Tom.

sh*t. I said too much. tounge.gif

blitsbebop

I'm being for real tho.

Why not ?

It's GTA not "Chav must fit in"

Yall just need to see pass all that teenage chav stuff.

Plus who says it has to be set in the 2000's ?