How Many Play On HD Projectors?

Pandemic0rgasm

Pandemic0rgasm

I like to play on the projector every now and then. I mostly play on a LCD though.

Gta IV King

I play on a 22" PC monitor.

Games I own:

GTA IV/SA/VC/III, COD4/3/2, Gears Of War, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike, Bio Shock, Halo 3, The Club, Frontline: fuel of war, Rb6v 1/2, Army Of Two, Guitar Hero 2/3, Forza 2, Far cry, PGR 3/4, Spiderman 3, Colin Mcrae Dirt, Saints Row, Fifa 06/07/08, Oblivion, Amped 3, G.R.A.W 1/2, Crackdown, Skate, Dead rising, Sonic, every Lara Croft ever made (I've always loved it since the first Tomb raider)... Won't include Xbox 1, PS1/2 or N64 games because it'll take all day to write...

Oh, yes I'm a geek...

I rented a 50" plasma when the game first came out. Had to take it back though so now i'm playing on 27" crt. I'm saving up to buy a 50" plasma now though. It makes a big difference

im playing on a 22" Widescreen LCD PC moniter. Samsung Syncmaster 226bw through the xbox 360 hd vga cable.

and for the guy thats getting a plasma. dont get one get a LCD theyre much better!

GTA3Freak-2001

I run it either on my 19" WS LCD TV or my 22" PC monitor both using VGA as they are the only real capable of HD screens in the house.

Gta IV King
I rented a 50" plasma when the game first came out. Had to take it back though so now i'm playing on 27" crt. I'm saving up to buy a 50" plasma now though. It makes a big difference

Rich bastard lol.

To the OP; I really don't see the point in HD Projectors. You could buy a standard one and just use VGA. That's what I did until the bulb died.

Games I own:

GTA IV/SA/VC/III, COD4/3/2, Gears Of War, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike, Bio Shock, Halo 3, The Club, Frontline: fuel of war, Rb6v 1/2, Army Of Two, Guitar Hero 2/3, Forza 2, Far cry, PGR 3/4, Spiderman 3, Colin Mcrae Dirt, Saints Row, Fifa 06/07/08, Oblivion, Amped 3, G.R.A.W 1/2, Crackdown, Skate, Dead rising, Sonic, every Lara Croft ever made (I've always loved it since the first Tomb raider)... Won't include Xbox 1, PS1/2 or N64 games because it'll take all day to write...

Oh, yes I'm a geek...

Pandemic0rgasm

I really don't see the point in HD Projectors.

The point is resolution/clarity of image, an increase in the number of pixels allows for greater detail. Then there's the 12 foot screen where detail matters biggrin.gif

Standard Definition 480p: 720px x 480px

High Definition 720p: 1280px x 720px

High Definition 1080p: 1920px x 1080px

i play on a really old 20' Sony crt with component video. i cant read the text on the cell phone and everthing its really blurry and it really dark but it still works.

But i have some one who also has a big butt HD Projector tv that i can play on also.

SaintJimmy

In terms of size, like, an example, how big is 50"?

notgtajerk

i play on a vizio and its better than any other tv ive seen gta IV on. the aquous sucks balls imo. same with all samsung.

gogo 13" SDTV.

Works fine though, actually. So long as you don't mind not being able to read the internet and guessing where what buttons are on the cellphone. smile.gif

In terms of size, like, an example, how big is 50"?

user posted image

user posted image

Yup, its diagonal is about that size.

.Up&Coming.

Mine's probably a 24 inch EDTV.

It's pretty much just SDTV. Yay!....

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

My set up. 130" HD

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Its beautiful.

I love it more then anything.

Its soo much more fun. I have a 22" also but this is just perfect.

fitbikesbmx

Wow, that's a nice projector. How much did it cost you? I'm looking at a Sony Bravia projector that displays in 720p, for around $830. My cousin has a projector and we played IV on it the other day, the city looks so much better when the screen is the size of your entire wall...

bblancobrnx

SONY KV-34XBR910 CRT(not too hyped on LCD/Plasma. Super Fine Pitch Tube rules)

BOSE Lifestyle 48 series IV(free, I did some work for BOSE and it was a bonus)

XBOX 360- 120gb Elite

PS3- 60 gb (free, interest on a loan I gave someone)

Wii

Edited by bblancobrnx

Cloudcukoo

I play on a Panasonic HD projector, onto an 8ft widescreen and use a Kenwood surround sound amp with Kenwood surround speakers and Tannoy fronts.

The pictures amazing and the sound is thumping.

Just realised I've got a piccie of the screen, just need to get a photo of GTA on it now.

user posted image

Horatio Humboldt

Lucky, lucky bastards. I'm playing on a TV powered by gas and my online games are hosted by carrier pidgens.

OysterBarron

user posted image

Heres what im playing on at the moment parents are away got it hooked up to there surround sound and my DJ amp and speakers, Normally i use my 52" LG HD TV though

user posted image

Its a Phillips projector christmas present from my uncle lovely job.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Lucky, lucky bastards. I'm playing on a TV powered by gas and my online games are hosted by carrier pidgens.

I lol'd, as for me im using a 26" LG lcd, which is plenty big enough considering i sit all of 1 metre away tounge.gif

SaintJimmy
My set up. 130" HD

Its beautiful.

I love it more then anything.

Its soo much more fun. I have a 22" also but this is just perfect.

Oh god dude. I've never felt jealousy/envy before, until now.

God i want that room. Badly.

I tonight you meant rear projection. I dont really like Projector. They have Projectors at are school and those suck. they are big but they suck. I dont know about hight grade ones but the only projector i like are those digital ones they use at the movies or rear projectors.

bblancobrnx

I tonight you meant rear projection. I dont really like Projector. They have Projectors at are school and those suck. they are big but they suck. I dont know about hight grade ones but the only projector i like are those digital ones they use at the movies or rear projectors.

Yeah, you are talking about a DLP projector. Very nice indeed. Rear projectors suck compared to ceiling mounted projectors.

Edited by bblancobrnx

I'm using the Panasonic Ae200, I think. It's 720p/1080i and looks gorgeous. You can change the size of the screen instantly, sometimes I play on a smaller screen because a 12 foot screen looks ridiculous and makes me dizzy plus you have to look around too much just to see everything.

DusterBuser

42 inch 1080p Plasma HDTV with HD surround sound plugged in through digital optical (best sound connecter ever). It's perfect.

You can get sets like mine on Craigslist semi new for like 400-500 new

By the way, its 1080i/720p

Def worth it.