The Health of GTA4

SaintsRow2OwnsGTABore

SaintsRow2OwnsGTABore

I used to be a GTA fan...I cut my teeth on VC, enjoyed SA, pre-ordered the special edition of GTA 4 and counted the days until it's release...

...Wow, was I disappointed!! Sure gta-bore LOOKS good....but....when has gta been about LOOKS???? Gta got to where it is on it's GAMEPLAY! The Rockstar developers are the same crew that started out with the original gta...back then they were full of 'piss-and-vinegar' (please excuse the somewhat off-color term) and it showed in their games...they were FUN to play! Now the R-Star crew are morphing into a group of balding, middle-aged, married-with-children, mortgage paying, reality based game programmers and it shows in gta-bore. They've turned their back on over-the-top fun exciting gaming, and instead are focused on graphics, physics, story-telling, and relationships. Here's a question...in gta:SA how much time was spent doing missions vs. just goofing off. Personally, I spent 90% of my time in VC & SA just goofing off and it kept me entertained for months on end...yeah the missions were cool, but the meat of VC & SA was the sandbox part of using your imagination. Now in gta-bore, as soon as I completed the missions...the game lost my interest. So in a sense, gta-bore has become a linear story...and not a sandbox game (unless you count reading the in-game internet and watching in-game tv a 'sandbox' experience...baaahaaa). Gta is dead...

Enter the new champion! Saints Row 2 has ALL the features and goodies that made us fall in love with the original sandbox gameplay of the old gta's. To the people who say..."Well SR2 graphics are crap!"...what a bunch of hypocrites! Go back and read the gaming reviews for VC & SA...yeah the graphics were crap (even for the ps2) but EVERYONE knew it was about the GAMEPLAY...so don't slam SR2 because it's not as pretty as gta-bore. I don't want realism from my sandbox-crime games...I want crazy, I want loud, and above all I want OPTIONS! Yeah, not everyone is into the rpg elements...but I still want that option in my game. I might never use a parachute while goofing off...but I like knowing it's available...get my drift. This is why Saints Row 2 is going to put the nail into the gta-bore coffin...it's offering MORE sandbox options...gta-bore went backwards and took option away! "Well gta-bore is a new engine for next-gen consoles and it's gotta start slow"...then they should have given it a completely different name...more like 'Real Life City Simulator' would have been more appropriate...zzzzzzz. GTA-BORE...sheese, if I want REALITY I'll turn my console off and go outside...but if I want exciting over the top sandbox gameplay, I'll be loading up Saints Row 2!

Fuzzknuckles

Wow, a new account, just to start an argument.

That's way more boring than GTA IV's lack of features.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

nickstemoeilijk

I'm planning to buy SR2, but stop with this BS that the one excludes the other.