Does anyone else think...

Peter! At The Disco

Peter! At The Disco

Compared to the other games the DJs are all really boring and uninteresting IMO. The other games had much better ones, I wish they'd used fictional DJs instead of real people.

blitsbebop

I somewhat agree but it depends on what station you are listenin to.

The DJ's on the other games where always gettin joked on by the callers XD but in IV some DJ's are more down to the point.

This is GTAF where everyday a motherf*cker is gettin banned. Like me!

Narratorjuan

I think Femi Kuti is cool on IF99, The Computer on The Journey rocks, Iggy is Iggy despite the lameness of most of Liberty Rock's songs (only The Who and The Stooges do it for me) and Juliette on Radio Broker reminds me of Sage, who I thought was ace.

FrozenFire

Yep, definitely not the BEST radio work that's been done in a GTA game. Still good though, and not game-breaking.

SA was my favorite radio in a game ever <:0

I loved the songs, and the DJ's. Especially K-DST. And Radio-X. And Playback FM. And every other station. The more I think about it, the more I remember how genius the radio was in that game.

Honestly, I didn't even think Vice City had good radio other than the classic 80's songs.

Radio Broker is my favorite station, and the irony is starting to annoy me >:[

im very disappointed with LCHC Liberty City HardCore.

i dont even listen to the radio anymore confused.gif

and i agree with FrozenFire, SA had the best radio.

Southside Dukes Ballas

Radio in IV sucks ass all together compared to the other GTA games mainly the rap stations. Hell LCS radio stations were better then the majority of the stations in IV

wafflemaster

Sweaty madman Iggy pop icon14.gif

Juliette Lewis icon13.gif

But nobody, NOBODY beats Adam First !!

Androgyny

The only DJ I like is Roy Ayers on Fusion FM. Other than that all the other DJs are boring as hell.

I wouldn't say the DJs suck, but the stations do get repetitive pretty fast. I wish the chat radio stations were a bit longer, because it seems like you hear the same stuff a lot more often than in previous GTAs. I find now listening to my own soundtrack is best. I just mute the radio stations and play my own stuff over the top; like the radio from VC or SA!

Too many no-name average bands IMO.

I think they should either have used more big name stuff (like in VC or SA,) or had music made especially like for the original GTA. the soundtrack to that was awesome (if a little short) "four letter love" was a classic song. I can still remember all the words.

The ads and news bulletins are the best part IMO

Tatertotts

Not counting the strictly talk format stations, which I love in all the GTAs, I like Iggy, Juliette, and Femi in this one.

I think the music in VS and SA were comparable, but the DJs in SA were just great.

Chuck D as ForthRight MC

Axl Rose as Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith

George Clinton as The Funktipus

Michael Bivins as Phillip "PM" Michaels

Sly and Robbie on K-Jah (what were their names in the game?)

Julio G

Mary-Beth Maybelle

Sage

Just classic DJs all around.

I think I only called ZiT 4 times all together and I consider myself a music guy. I dont think I have the best taste in music, but I do love to explore. Even with all the stuff I havent heard it hasnt peaked much of my interest and I tried real hard to enjoy em. I still try. Why? Because my ipod wont play on my f*ckin xbox anymore. So I deal with the music alloted to me.

There was a court show that was pretty funny though. Now if THAT were on TV itd be great.

Oh, and it seems like some of the stations' music is mixed by one guy. Thered be atleast 3 different songs on 3 different channels where the song plays and all of a sudden the dj is like "Lets listen to that sh*t ONE MORE TIME" and it repeats.

BANANANANA! BANANANA! BANANANANA!

F*CK.

Ph3L1z14n0
only The Who and The Stooges do it for me

Blasphemy!!!

One Man, One Vision

Her Strut

Jailbreak

Mama

That station sure as hell was better than K-DST, of course, not better than VROCK

Tatertotts
only The Who and The Stooges do it for me

Blasphemy!!!

One Man, One Vision

Her Strut

Jailbreak

Mama

That station sure as hell was better than K-DST, of course, not better than VROCK

Yes to Jailbreak - I love that song more every time I hear it. I liked The Dust, though, but I have to agree that VROCK is better than just about any real radio station has ever been.

nickstemoeilijk
im very disappointed with LCHC Liberty City HardCore.

i dont even listen to the radio anymore confused.gif

and i agree with FrozenFire, SA had the best radio.

It's old school hardcore stuff, but it'll do for me.

Fuzzknuckles

I hate Juliet Lewis more than I hate fingerless gloves. Which is a LOT.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Radio in IV sucks ass all together compared to the other GTA games mainly the rap stations. Hell LCS radio stations were better then the majority of the stations in IV

I liked the fake songs in LCS much better than the sh*t in GTAIV. Although VCS was the best.

Furianer1188

Vladiwostok is funny, but yeah so many diffrent channels and only a few good ones mad.gif

I like the song on radio broker...LCD Soundsystem - "Get Innocuous!" But I hate the DJ's in GTA4, they suck!

Not everyone can be spot on funny (unless you're Dave Chappelle), so it's kinda expected that some of them are just "there". I know, but I don't let it bother me because it's out of my hands. I wish Dave Chappelle's comic genius would rub off on EVERYONE. Not Everyone LOVES RAYMOND!!

I am picky when it comes to comedy but GTA always makes me laugh with peds or AI, etc.... many funny interactions, typically from actual gameplay more then orchestrated radio bits. I hope it can get continually inspired. I listened to more breaking news and it sometimes is amusing, while more a poke on the cheek about modern media.

I love the dirty political campaign, for instance, about Michael Graves... that is the comedy that makes me chuckle all the time.

nickstemoeilijk
Not everyone can be spot on funny (unless you're Dave Chappelle), so it's kinda expected that some of them are just "there". I know, but I don't let it bother me because it's out of my hands. I wish Dave Chappelle's comic genius would rub off on EVERYONE. Not Everyone LOVES RAYMOND!!

I am picky when it comes to comedy but GTA always makes me laugh with peds or AI, etc.... many funny interactions, typically from actual gameplay more then orchestrated radio bits. I hope it can get continually inspired. I listened to more breaking news and it sometimes is amusing, while more a poke on the cheek about modern media.

I love the dirty political campaign, for instance, about Michael Graves... that is the comedy that makes me chuckle all the time.

Agreed.

Thou art a wise man.

Karambalaya

I wish the jazz station played Glen Miller's Moonlight Serenade. That song would fit SO well when driving in Liberty City at night. confused.gif

Ok, I said it before and I'll say it again: Why can't we have the Fun Lovin Criminals in a GTA game?

Hello? FUN LOVIN CRIMINALS? Heck, what is every GTA protagonist since GTA1? A Fun Lovin Criminal! Plus, they are from N.Y.! They should've have had a radio station for themselves, Huey being the DJ!

Didn't they cover MJ? It seems MJ's in the news of late and I suspect he needs SOME money, R* could hire him for some more music. VC was a hit ... MJ was a hit!

{I'm thinking of "Smooth Criminal" cover, so perhaps a different band did that, I dunno}

Didn't they cover MJ? It seems MJ's in the news of late and I suspect he needs SOME money, R* could hire him for some more music. VC was a hit ... MJ was a hit!

{I'm thinking of "Smooth Criminal" cover, so perhaps a different band did that, I dunno}

That's the Alien Ant Farm...I can't stand that cover! Heck, I can't even stand the original smooth criminal by MJ...

Search for the song "Scooby Snacks" on youtube, and you'll find the Fun Lovin Criminals.

I agree w/you for the most part (but I find ELR to be funny) and I think the political campaign is hilarious! Overall, I like this soundtrack- its taking time to grow on me because I, for once, do NOT know the entire soundtrack. VC and SA soundtracks I knew EVERY song and artist for the most part. Their respective soundtracks were amazing compilations of music spanning a bunch of genres that I loved. Yea, I dig west coast rap, but I also like Phil Collins, Miami Sound Machine, Jan Hammer, Funkadelic, Mozart- a wide and varied taste in music but I love it all.

The DJs? Haven't paid much attention to them...for some odd reason I've been avoiding Lazlow's show...I never really found him to be all that amusing. They could've kept Fernando, tbh. That dude was hilarious!

jeebus_unit

Okay kids...

Raise your hand if you knew who Roy Ayers and DJ Premiere were BEFORE playing this game. suicidal.gif

Tatertotts
Okay kids...

Raise your hand if you knew who Roy Ayers and DJ Premiere were BEFORE playing this game. suicidal.gif

Really? Gang Starr pretty much invented what NY hip hop would become in the 90s.