I have a theory as to why......

J-(sic)

Right I'm going to guess (and choose my word carefully here) and maybe someone could back up this guess, that maybe MOST of those who were disappointed with the game are PS3 owners, not the ones who have PS3 & 360s.

I am a PS3 owner, I don't own a 360, but I do like them, if I could afford both at the moment I would have the 360 Elite aswell.

OK try put yourself in this mindset, you have a PS3 and you do not give a flying f*ck about the 360 version, you just care about your PS3 version.

You get GTA IV and after playing it you feel like so much is missing it's not finished etc, because for a PS3 game you expect so more content because how much the PS3 can hold and how powerful the PS3 is blah blah blah....

OK try put yourself in this mindset, you have a 360 and you do not give a flying f*ck about the PS3 version, you just care about your 360 version.

You get GTA IV and after playing it, you feel it is pure GOLD it's the best game ever, it completely deserved 10/10., because this is excellent for a 360 game its just perfect for the system and D/C can include whatever bonuses it brings.

Basically MOST PS3 owners feel cheated because their system is capable of so much more.

While MOST 360 owners feel this game is perfect because its perfect for a 360 game.

Again this is a theory, I'm not a fanboy I respect both consoles.

I am not going to say what I think of the game, because I don't want it to influence this post.

SantiagoDomingo

WRONG. XBOX 360 user, not happy with GTA IV . . . I would normally throw in some sort of snarky and humorous remark here but the internet is apparently no place for fun.

WRONG. XBOX 360 user, not happy with GTA IV . . . I would normally throw in some sort of snarky and humorous remark here but the internet is apparently no place for fun.

Thats why I am only guessing, its not set in stone.

Fuzzknuckles

YAY. We are having this discussion AGAIN.

FOR f*ck'S SAKE.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

SantiagoDomingo

FOR f*ck'S SAKE.

Too bad we can't discuss the privileges of being a member of MAHFSWWM eh?

I have a PS3, and don't feel cheated at all.

Tatertotts

If you want some more plausible theories about why people are disappointed with the game, you can read the numerous threads around here in which people actually say exactly why they are disappointed.

You have to give this guy credit for trying to start this same debate in a new way.

But is IS the same debate.

Be ready for a 100 XBOX 360 owers telling you that so much more can be doen with their systems as well... yadda yadda yadda...

oh and PS:

MAHFSWWM <<<<< What sort of stupid, imbecolic, misogynistic wankturd is that?

GTFO.

FOR f*ck'S SAKE.

Too bad we can't discuss the privileges of being a member of MAHFSWWM eh?

same here.

Capricornus

Right I'm going to guess (and choose my word carefully here) and maybe someone could back up this guess, that maybe MOST of those who were disappointed with the game are PS3 owners, not the ones who have PS3 & 360s.

I am a PS3 owner, I don't own a 360, but I do like them, if I could afford both at the moment I would have the 360 Elite aswell.

OK try put yourself in this mindset, you have a PS3 and you do not give a flying f*ck about the 360 version, you just care about your PS3 version.

You get GTA IV and after playing it you feel like so much is missing it's not finished etc, because for a PS3 game you expect so more content because how much the PS3 can hold and how powerful the PS3 is blah blah blah....

OK try put yourself in this mindset, you have a 360 and you do not give a flying f*ck about the PS3 version, you just care about your 360 version.

You get GTA IV and after playing it, you feel it is pure GOLD it's the best game ever, it completely deserved 10/10., because this is excellent for a 360 game its just perfect for the system and D/C can include whatever bonuses it brings.

Basically MOST PS3 owners feel cheated because their system is capable of so much more.

While MOST 360 owners feel this game is perfect because its perfect for a 360 game.

I am not going to say what I think of the game, because I don't want it to influence this post.

Not really man, I don't feel cheated. I own am PS3, Wii, and 360 Elite, and I am content with the game. As for the DLC, I realy don't car for it, but if it does grab my attention then I'll just simply buy the 360 version for the DLC. But I doubt that.

I say the main reason behind the slew of dissappointments is primarily because people were over expecting things for GTA IV, and reading misleading previews.

caprisig.jpg

SantiagoDomingo
You have to give this guy credit for trying to start this same debate in a new way.

Be ready for a 100 XBOX 360 owers telling you that so much more can be doen with their systems as well... yadda yadda yadda...

oh and PS:

GTFO.

Oh another lost and confused soul.

And you are not biased? Capable of so much more?

When I last looked, and this is from someone with a 360 and PS3, the graphics difference between Playstation exclusives and cross platform games was non existent.

I'm selling my PS3, but thats mainly cause i need the money!

bblancobrnx

I think I have seen more XBOX 360 owners disappointed simply because there are MORE 360 owners!

By the way, I have both systems as well. I have seen nothing yet proving that the PS3 is capable of so much more. I BELIEVE that it is capable of so much more than this game provides, but so is the 360. Nothing as of yet has shown me that the PS3 is capable of any more than the 360.

Edited by bblancobrnx

oh and PS:

GTFO.

Oh another lost and confused soul.

There's a lot of thing to hate Hitler for mate, some trumped up bullsh*t about women in the workplace is not one of them...

How about killing 3million women?

Is that not reason enough?

I would suggest you stop using GTA Forums for that kind of sh*t dude.

freshlaundryX

I will tell you why many people are disappointed with GTA IV.

Ready to know why?

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE GTA IV FOR THE SAME REASON THAT MONKEYS DON'T LIKE THE MUSEUM

What do monkeys think of the museum? Do they care about Leonardo Da Vinci? Do they care that the painting they just passed expresses a deeper truth about the mind of man? Can a monkey see that a deeper spirituality is being expressed through the medium that is a painting? No! Monkeys just throw poo. What is a painting but a flat surface to jump on! They throw poo at Leonardo and Picasso. That's boring! Does it impress a monkey that the painting he is jumping on is worth a million dollars? Of course not. A monkey doesn't care about anything but his own immediate entertainment. A monkey cannot perceive the deeper feeling behind those art pieces, cannot sense the history or the work that went into them, or the motive or meaning behind any of it.

Monkeys don't care about art. They just want to have fun and fling poo.

So don't be mad at the monkeys for not liking your museum.

Just don't invite them next time.

i think u may be right but i have a ps3 and my copy is kick ass

Capricornus
I think I have seen more XBOX 360 owners disappointed simply because there are MORE 360 owners!

By the way, I have both systems as well. I have seen nothing yet proving that the PS3 is capable of so much more. I BELIEVE that it is capable of so much more than this game provides, but so is the 360. Nothing as of yet has shown me that the PS3 is capable of any more than the 360.

The OP was probably referring to the space of the Blu-Ray disc.

caprisig.jpg

Nope. I have it for PS3 and I was majorly dissapointed because of all the side missions they took out and how repetitive the story and missions were.

Narratorjuan

I have the PS3 version which I'm more than happy with. I think the disappointment comes from the fevered anticipation and over-expectation of the game, and the perceived (but reasonable complaint of a) lack of features.

Ready to know why?

What do monkeys think of the museum? Do they care about Leonardo Da Vinci? Do they care that the painting they just passed expresses a deeper truth about the mind of man? Can a monkey see that a deeper spirituality is being expressed through the medium that is a painting? No! Monkeys just throw poo. What is a painting but a flat surface to jump on! They throw poo at Leonardo and Picasso. That's boring! Does it impress a monkey that the painting he is jumping on is worth a million dollars? Of course not. A monkey doesn't care about anything but his own immediate entertainment. A monkey cannot perceive the deeper feeling behind those art pieces, cannot sense the history or the work that went into them, or the motive or meaning behind any of it.

OMG, how can nobody have the sense to even reply to this guy?

icon14.gificon14.gif to you sir icon14.gificon14.gif to you. cookie.gif

<snip>

I remember a funny topic you posted.

Anywhoo... The people that are dissapointed don't like the game because it lacks the features in San Andreas. And a few more things. Some hardcore gamers might be in the situation that the OP posted about, but I doubt the average gamer will be seriously pissed over a few extra missions, a car and the fingerless gloves. Also, there's a bunch of bitter PC gamers in the "GTA IV for PC . Will it Happen?" thread. I can proudly say that I am one of them.

Yq5y51Y.png

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Ready to know why?

the thing with paintings is, that they can only ever be a two dimensional representation of

something, therefore you wouldn't go to an art gallery expecting the works of Da Vinci to

have progressed beyond that, if however the paintings had shown a significant process of

evolution, it would only be natural to expect to be able to have the Mona Lisa suck my dick.

And why is it, every thread ends up discussing Hitler?

SantiagoDomingo

Ready to know why?

the thing with paintings is, that they can only ever be a two dimensional representation of

something, therefore you wouldn't go to an art gallery expecting the works of Da Vinci to

have progressed beyond that, if however the paintings had shown a significant process of

evolution, it would only be natural to expect to be able to have the Mona Lisa suck my dick.

And why is it, every thread ends up discussing Hitler?

Because people do not truly understand the motives of MAHFSWWM.

Fuzzknuckles

People are disappointed by GTA IV because they're, for the most part, whiny little bitches that just want a prettier version of San Andreas.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

If anything, PS3 owners should be expecting less than 360 owners. They've received one mediocre exclusive after another while 360 owners have been receiving stellar games. Also, nearly every multiplatform game looks and runs better on the 360 (and GTA IV is no exception).

SantiagoDomingo

Do you guys really want to know why GTA IV is a disappointment? If so I shall make one more of these threads and paint it out so that everyone understands and everyone sees.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Mostly underaged kids complain about GTA IV.

Mostly uninformed people make unqualified statements and present them as fact

@Santiago Domingo

Is it going to be anything to do with Adolph?