Do you miss the myths?

FrozenFire

FrozenFire

I'm sure anyone here who played SA knows about all of the myths. There were too many of them to list, but I'm sure you know most of the more popular ones.

Anyway, I've seen several people still trying to bring up "UFO's in IV?" here and on Youtube. Among other things, such as bigfoot, whales, bears, sharks etc.

So it's clear that people really do get some enjoyment out of these little things. I did too, it was a big thing for me in SA to hang out in the woods because it just felt so great that Bigfoot might pop out at any second, and turn out to be true.

Now one thing about IV is that it just doesn't allow for many logical myths like in SA. In SA, even the storyline nodded at government conspiracies, UFO's, and other things of the sort. Hell, it made blatant references to area 51, even. But that was set in the Nevada Desert. And there were big forests and countrysides, and places where those things COULD'VE happened.

In Liberty City, where are you gonna find Bigfoot? Or even a UFO? It just doesn't feel as right as it did out in a dark desolate wasteland. Do you miss that aspect of GTA? (Even though it was only in SA)

Do you hope that the next installment will have some form of countryside, or something other than a big city?

Is this going to be a big part of GTA games from now on? How do you feel about it?

(I'm sure a good majority of you don't give a damn, and just like GTA for what it is. I do to, don't worry tounge.gif )

GTAaddictforever

its easy

you need some imagination. luckily for you, i have some. rockstar apparently lost theirs when making GTA 4. maybe the people who made previous GTA's all quit the company. who knows.

with GTA 4 city you can do -

- Vampires like in Blade. Vampire hangouts in buildings at night or whatever.

- Zombie myths. Liberty City is perfect for I AM LEGEND/28 days later type myths

I'm sick of you. You don't offer anything but moaning. If your intent is NOT to be a jerk in winding up GTA fans, then I must say your existence is a pathetic one. Sitting on a forum devoted to a game you don't like, and whining about how awful it is. How you can expect to be tolerated here is beyond me.

Having an opinion is one thing. Constantly ramming it down everyone's throats until the end of time is another. So I, right here, right now, am establishing this as the official end to your time here. Be gone.

doesntcheatGTA
It is funny how there are myths in a video game. And I'm glad people stopped posting about them, until now...thanks a lot, poopstain. Just kidding, man.
user posted image

FrozenFire
its easy

you need some imagination. luckily for you, i have some. rockstar apparently lost theirs when making GTA 4. maybe the people who made previous GTA's all quit the company. who knows.

with GTA 4 city you can do -

- Vampires like in Blade. Vampire hangouts in buildings at night or whatever.

- Zombie myths. Liberty City is perfect for I AM LEGEND/28 days later type myths

I didn't ask for people to spout bullsh*t insults at a company because the product didn't live up to their personal preference.

And I never said it's not possible. I just said the most popular ones wouldn't fit.

Yeah I kinda miss them. Even though back in the day they pissed me off, they kinda became part of San Andreas' history.

GTAaddictforever

i remember coming to these boards back when SA was released. i bought it on the day before release day since GameStop sold it to us around 6pm the day BEFORE schedule tounge.gif

everyone loved the game and for months people were posting how fun it was and silly myths about bigfoot. people would go and look for it and all that. that game was fun.

this game, there's nothing epic or fun about GTA 4 like in past gta's/. i stopped playing GTA 4 after 2 weeks. half the playtime was online multiplayer. boy, i can't even imagine how many hours we would have logged into previous GTA's if they had multiplayer to go with their awesome free-roam

Edited by GTAaddictforever
I'm sick of you. You don't offer anything but moaning. If your intent is NOT to be a jerk in winding up GTA fans, then I must say your existence is a pathetic one. Sitting on a forum devoted to a game you don't like, and whining about how awful it is. How you can expect to be tolerated here is beyond me.

Having an opinion is one thing. Constantly ramming it down everyone's throats until the end of time is another. So I, right here, right now, am establishing this as the official end to your time here. Be gone.

supernova_goes_pop

i miss the myths, but there are a few new ones for iv. imo... r* creates most of the myths. it is something that attracts more attention. think about it and you'll get what i'm saying. i'm not saying that its the truth. each truth is based upon a lie and each lie is based upon a truth. nervous.gif

Pfft it's not a myth I have a bigfoot skin rug on the floor of my Verdant Meadows safehouse.

Karambalaya

Heeeellooooo, forgotten about the fingerless gloves? Or the bear? Or Ratman? The bouncer at the Sprunk Factory? The suicidal hotdog vendor?

everyone loved the game and for months people were posting how fun it was and silly myths about bigfoot. people would go and look for it and all that. that game was fun.

this game, there's nothing epic or fun about GTA 4 like in past gta's/.

You are probably the most useless "GTA addict" ever. Even you, one of the most negative people on this board, must admit that the GTA myths are still alive even in your hated GTA4.

GTAaddictforever

fingerless gloves is on the cover of GTA 4 game-CD and in most of the advertising for GTA 4. this classifies as 'missing content' or 'false advertising'

the rest of your stuff like a bear, or whatever, none of them were big or important enough to compare to Bigfoot on SA.