Help on tanker.. Emergency

carljohnson2

carljohnson2

I am doing tanker commander for catilina, and like has been before, the bridges from ls to san fierro or badlands whatever are still closed. This is the case in southern ls and where I am now. The bridges are still closed, and I'm sitting here waiting to cross with a tanker. What do I do?

user posted image

Also, I have already blown up the sabre chasing me, so there is no time limit.

Edited by carljohnson2

Bad~Boy#17

Hm, that's strange. Upload your savefile here and post it. If the barriers will be in my game,

then there is something wrong with you game, if not, then It's just the save.

carljohnson2

Well I tried to jump it and I broke the tanker. Now I lost the mission and I still have the bridges.

CCPD I think did the part for me did he mess it up?

Well after CCPD finished badlands, I saved it as a backup on save 2, but on that, the bridges are still there. Now I'm probably back 30 missions.

Edited by carljohnson2

carljohnson2

ccpd did a lot for me.. Should I reinstall GTASA? OR maybe he used version 1.0 (he did) - could that make the bridges not work?

If The Green Saber mission was done for you by someone that has V1 & used V2 script.img & main.scr files then the barriers will still be there for a downgraded V2 game (I think).

ccpd did a lot for me.. Should I reinstall GTASA? OR maybe he used version 1.0 (he did) - could that make the bridges not work?

The version should not be the problem. Have you used any trainers? Is this your own save or have you downloaded it from somewhere?

@JAJ: Isn't that related only to the Chain Game saves?

carljohnson2

well I just downgraded mine and the barriers are still there.. Now I'm stuck with a downgraded gtasa, 30 missions back and a glitched game..

I have not used any cheat or trainor. This is the first time I've tried it and it messed everything up. Yes, ccpd did the green sabre for me.

well I just downgraded mine and the barriers are still there.. Now I'm stuck with a downgraded gtasa, 30 missions back and a glitched game..

I have not used any cheat or trainor. This is the first time I've tried it and it messed everything up. Yes, ccpd did the green sabre for me.

Well, then I'm afraid what JAJ has said is true. Try reinstalling your game so that you get back the original exe. Don't downgrade and try the mission again.

If that doesn't help, then you'll have to request the mission 'Green Sabre' again.

carljohnson2

can someone with version 1.0 take the save game I just listed, and if they see no bridges, save it and upload it back.

edit: But i just downgraded it a minute ago

so plz try what I said

can someone with version 1.0 take the save game I just listed, and if they see no bridges, save it and upload it back.

I have v1 and I tried your save. There were no barriers for me. As said before, someone with original v2 will have to complete 'Green Sabre' for you.

And downgrading does not make your game v1. It only makes v2 moddable.

ok, can you try my game and save the game and upload it?

That wouldn't help as I have v1 and I would be playing with v2 scripts. Someone with original v2 will have to do it for you.

Make a new topic with a save before the mission 'Green Sabre' and request someone with v2 to do the mission for you.

Btw, why don't you try reinstalling the game? It doesn't take much time.

carljohnson2

how will reinstalling help?

Edited by carljohnson2

how will reinstalling help?

The downgrader patch has modified your exe. So, if the problem lies inside the exe, you can get the original v2 exe back by reinstalling the game.

If that doesn't help, then go ahead and make another SnP topic for Green Sabre.

carljohnson2

ok i'm reinstalling. I have a save of my old game from earlier, from the normal v2. If someone helps me, but they stop at green sabre, can I do green sabre and unlock the bridges? If someone with v1 or 1.01 or 2 does some before the green sabre and I do green sabre, do I still unlock if I do it?

ok i'm reinstalling. I have a save of my old game from earlier, from the normal v2. If someone helps me, but they stop at green sabre, can I do green sabre and unlock the bridges? If someone with v1 or 1.01 or 2 does some before the green sabre and I do green sabre, do I still unlock if I do it?

The problem only lies with territory unlocking missions like 'Green Sabre', 'Are you going to San Fierro?' and 'Yay Ka Boom Boom'.

The rest of the missions can be done on any version using any scripts.

carljohnson2

so if ccpd helped me again but stoped at green saber, I could do green saber and finish it?

so if ccpd helped me again but stoped at green saber, I could do green saber and finish it?

Not just CCPD, any helper can help you get to Green Sabre. Then either you or someone else having original v2 can finish off Green Sabre and you'll not have any barriers. smile.gif

carljohnson2

but ccpd is the only one that had the time to do it before

also, I warned that I had version 2, it seems like either ccpd, after years of helping here, would know this. Either he didn't, or he was trying to ruin my save.

but ccpd is the only one that had the time to do it before

also, I warned that I had version 2, it seems like either ccpd, after years of helping here, would know this. Either he didn't, or he was trying to ruin my save.

He wouldn't do such a thing deliberately. He obviously isn't aware of the barrier glitch. Besides, the mission Green Sabre isn't requested very often, so there have been no such cases so far. However, this problem was first discovered during one of the Chain Game rounds.

Btw, where is that topic where you requested 'Green Sabre' done by CCPD? I can't seem to find it.

carljohnson2

I don't know, because on this first page alone, I have seen a green sabre request. Anyways, it's water under the bridge. I'll try to build up my old v2 save and maybe someone can help and not do green sabre.

its on this page I think, he helped me with a lot of los santos missions.

its on this page I think, he helped me with a lot of los santos missions.

Do you mean this topic?

Well, then don't use that save. Request one of your own saves rather than using someone else'. You won't be facing this problem then.

I didn't do any missions for you! Are you an idiot thinking I would ruin someone's save on purpose? Are you confused or something? mercie_blink.gif

Edited by CCPD

carljohnson2

ccpd I sent a few messages to you, referring to what this is about

if you could read them it would be great thanks

I didn't do any missions for you! Are you an idiot thinking I would ruin someone's save on purpose? Are you confused or something? mercie_blink.gif

Instead of requesting a SnP with his own save, he chose any easy way out by downloading a completed SnP from here. That is what caused all the confusion. It's not your fault. smile.gif

carljohnson2

I sent a message to him reguarding it, so there's no need to continue this thread