Liberty City Neighborhoods

Mafioso86

I'm pretty familiar with the New York area as my family is all from Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island, so I instantly could identify what neighborhoods in much of Liberty City were based on; i.e. Hove Beach = Brighton Beach, Chase Point = Hunts Point, Willis = Hollis, etc.

Thing is I don't know much about Jersey. I know names of areas like Hoboken, Elizabeth, Newark, Ft. Lee, Leonia, etc... but i have no idea what Alderney neighborhoods match up to what.... just curious if anyone knows... trying to put together something on the subject...

I'm pretty familiar with the New York area as my family is all from Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island, so I instantly could identify what neighborhoods in much of Liberty City were based on; i.e. Hove Beach = Brighton Beach, Chase Point = Hunts Point, Willis = Hollis, etc.

Thing is I don't know much about Jersey. I know names of areas like Hoboken, Elizabeth, Newark, Ft. Lee, Leonia, etc... but i have no idea what Alderney neighborhoods match up to what.... just curious if anyone knows... trying to put together something on the subject...

I'm from Jersey but not the part that's in the game. I'm about 7 miles or so from the GWB. Alderney City is Jersey City (pretty obvious) and I think the docks where you meet Phil Bell are either Elizabeth or Weehawken. And could the Northern part of Alderney (I forget the name, Leftwood maybe?) by Jimmy Pegorino be part of the Palisades possibly?

I'm from Jersey but not the part that's in the game. I'm about 7 miles or so from the GWB. Alderney City is Jersey City (pretty obvious) and I think the docks where you meet Phil Bell are either Elizabeth or Weehawken. And could the Northern part of Alderney (I forget the name, Leftwood maybe?) by Jimmy Pegorino be part of the Palisades possibly?

yeah... the Alderney City thing is a bit of a no brainer...lol... but I appreciate the thought smile.gif I was thinking Acter or Berchem might be Newark... but i don't really know as I've never been there. It's reputation precedes it though and those seem to be the toughest parts of Alderney.

yeah... the Alderney City thing is a bit of a no brainer...lol... but I appreciate the thought smile.gif I was thinking Acter or Berchem might be Newark... but i don't really know as I've never been there. It's reputation precedes it though and those seem to be the toughest parts of Alderney.

Although a woman found an AT-4 rocket launcher on her front lawn in Jersey City. ph34r.gif

Although a woman found an AT-4 rocket launcher on her front lawn in Jersey City. ph34r.gif

haha true... I'm actually also not totally sure what Schottler is supposed to be... it has similarities to Bed-Sty and Flatbush... but I'm not sure if there is any specific basis for the neighborhood... alot of the times the names have a meaning behind them.... both Hove and Brighton being beaches next to each other in the UK for example.