Buckethead

Rhoda

I've recently got into this bloke through... I don't know how exactly, I probably took a shine to him because he wore a mask and a KFC bucket on his head. I've got about 4 or 5 albums of his now and I must say he's one of my favourite musicians. His solo work's astonishing and the amount of material this guy releases is insane, I know he's got around 40 albums out in around 10-15 years. He's so diverse, so you may end up loving one aspect and despising another. Is anyone else here a fan, and what's your favourite album or era of material?

user posted image

8ballsoffire

i'm just a part time fan of his, got a few albums but i couldn't name them. he is an astonishing guitarist though and writes in my opinion the best instrumental guitar music out there.

user posted image

I don't know if you know specifics, but if you get the chance I'd give "Elephant Man's Alarm Clock" a listen. It's heavy, it's melodic and it's completely unstructured at times. Not so much as "Cyborg Slunks", but it's an amazing album.

I love buckethead man. He's the best shredder out there. If you want to hear the craziest song you've ever heard then listen to "The hand"

Blind Joe Death

I've never heard of him up until now, and I was just looking at some videos of him over youtube and you should definitely colour me interested.

What album or albums would you recommend me getting?

I recommend "Inbred Mountain", "Elephant Man's Alarm Clock" and "Kaleidoscalp". They're the more experimental, finger shredding albums. Like I said, he's very diverse and there's elements of all genres in his work.

"Jordan" is a great song, and probably one of the only ones that have a remotely sensible name.

"Jordan" Live:

colma and electric tears are two of the most beautiful chill out albums ive ever heard. so ambient and melodic, awesome.

user posted image

SRS Incorporated

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

"Jordan" Live:

That track hit my ears in all the right ways. Very mellow, very awesome, he shreds quite nicely.

Has this been featured in films? Because I can totally see Jason Statham beating down a roomfull of crackheads to this.

Scarface187

Its all about Nottingham Lace.

user posted image

"Jordan" Live:

That track hit my ears in all the right ways. Very mellow, very awesome, he shreds quite nicely.

Has this been featured in films? Because I can totally see Jason Statham beating down a roomfull of crackheads to this.

nope he just recorded it as a bonus track for guitar hero 2

user posted image

SRS Incorporated

HushBull <3rdEye>

So far I have...

The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock

Pepper's Ghost

Escape From Inbred Mountain

Kevin's Noodle House

... and I'd love to get hold of the absolutely huge 13 part album collection Buckethead released last year.

user posted image

Over 9 hours worth of instrumental music, ranging from heavy to melodic. It sounds awesome, but I don't want to pay the Earth... whatsthat.gif

So far I have...

Pepper's Ghost

Escape From Inbred Mountain

Kevin's Noodle House

... and I'd love to get hold of the absolutely huge 13 part album collection Buckethead released last year.

Over 9 hours worth of instrumental music, ranging from heavy to melodic. It sounds awesome, but I don't want to pay the Earth... whatsthat.gif

I've got a bootleg of that laying around, I woulda payed for it but its damn expensive for whats mostly mediocre experiments.

There area few shining moments on it but its damn hard to get into alot of it, with the repetitive anoying drum dracks he has going over most of it. If he didn't include most of those it'd be better.

It'd be great to have as a physical release since of what it represents. The music is all I want, even if it means resorting to... er... other methods of obtaining it. Did you say it was mostly experimental work? What could you compare it to of his?

Experimental as in the bulk of the work has no real path to follow and is just him jamming off the top of his head.

The longer tracks are prime examples of this.

Not to say that its bad work, just a little hard to follow if your not in the mood for something as essentric as this.

He's got a few real melodic movments that he's known for that are really ace though.

In other words if your looking for something more along the lines of Colma look elsewhere.

If your a fan of strange experimentalism and jams, alla the way mike patton might compose if he was a guitarist then its all you.

Overall I rather like the albums, but at 100 bucks I'm not sure I like it enough to buy it.

This is definatly a try before you buy album, if you can.

I'm definitely a fan of his more experimental works, as heard on Kaleidoscalp and Elephant Man's Alarm Clock, so this doesn't sound all that bad to me. As you said though, you have to be in the mood for his music, experimental jams in particular. Still, I'd be willing to give this a listen if only I could find it anywhere, damn elusive Buckethead material...

HushBull <3rdEye>
I'm definitely a fan of his more experimental works, as heard on Kaleidoscalp and Elephant Man's Alarm Clock, so this doesn't sound all that bad to me. As you said though, you have to be in the mood for his music, experimental jams in particular. Still, I'd be willing to give this a listen if only I could find it anywhere, damn elusive Buckethead material...

Amazon baby!

Get the ones I already mentioned, you'll be pleased.

I also have a download of the "in Search of", I just ended up making a mega three disk set of everything I liked from it.

devilrock28

He is pretty good. I've listened to a view of his songs. The song 'Jordan' is pretty good.

There's a lot of weird, experimental material out there - just lent one album and it's proving hard to get into straight away. So far, after inquiries on MSN and with other friends I've acquired...

Pepper's Ghost

Inbred Mountain

Kevin's Noodle House

Kaleidoscalp

Monsters And Robots

Bucketheadland 1 and 2

In Search Of The 1 and 13 (thanks Tryst)

Somewhere Over The Slaughterhose

nice personoo Clocks Of Hell

Funnel Weaver

Enter The Chicken

Electric Tears

Day Of The Robot

Cyborg Slunks

Colma

... and I'm still not satisfied! biggrin.gif I'm going to make it my mission to get all 13 parts of In Search Of The.

Gantons Most Wanted

why not just download them from somewhere?? from what my friends say and there hardcore rock fans they say hes garbage. But thats there opinion on things.

why not just download them from somewhere?? from what my friends say and there hardcore rock fans they say hes garbage. But thats there opinion on things.

Their minds are closed to the greatness of a freestyle ham jam.

And downloading might be frowned on here, not wise on such rules but I'm not following through with it. Besides, I prefer to have the physical CD, even if it's just for an upload or a quick play in the car.

HushBull <3rdEye>
from what my friends say and there hardcore rock fans they say hes garbage. But thats there opinion on things.

orly.gif

icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif

My brother is obsessed by this guy, don't know why, although I've never really took an interest in him. But I didn't expect to see a thread about him to be honest, didn't realise he was quite well known. tounge.gif

My brother is obsessed by this guy, don't know why, although I've never really took an interest in him. But I didn't expect to see a thread about him to be honest, didn't realise he was quite well known. tounge.gif

I understand he's quite the recluse, living like a transient so even his closest friends find it hard getting hold of him. I'm not sure if he's mainstream enough to generate a lot of attention but he's an amazing artist.

..What's he look like under the bucket?

Alas, I don't know what his real face looks like. One of my mates a bit back had a theory it was actually Slash, but it's not him. I'm not even sure I want to know, it might ruin the illusion.

I wouldn't mind a sneaky peek though, a brief glimpse of the genius.

Like when Kiss unmasked themselves....

Epicness gone forever.

I bet he looks like one creepy ass muthaphucker underneath, ugly is what I mean. But who knows.