What. The. f*ck.

Erados

Okay, right into it: TDM, 2 teams of 5 against a team of 2 (both without mics). I was in one of the teams of 5. No AA, blips to all, weapons powerful, no reticule health. The first team of 5 was lost somewhere, not doing anything. The second team of five, including me, were getting their asses kicked.

They sat in the middle of the street and fired 1 shot to kill me and my teammates EVERY SINGLE TIME. They'd just wait with their SMGs for us to get close enough, and then they'd kill us. I tried to sneak around them, and they were waiting for me with their 1-shot kill.

I've shot people in the head from close up with all weapons you can think of, and an SMG I know can't 1-hit kill someone from any range in any way.

No lag. They weren't the host. I don't know what the f*ck happened. I figured they couldn't be invincible so I was trying to get in a few shots, but nope - nothing hit, but the second I got in their range they seemed to know it and killed me instantly. I never got CLOSE enough to hit them once, because I was dead the second I was in hitting range. I'm fairly sure their accuracy was 100%.

I'm calling massive cheaters... there's no way they could've done that. Not to brag a bunch, but I'm fairly good, and I usually dominate games like that. These guys were winning about 3000 (combined, each with a fairly equal score of 1500 or so) and none of us had any kills yet. The game was set to 20 minutes and we were only into like 5 minutes of it, so I left - I'm not ashamed, either.

How much f*cking bullsh*t is that? I'm completely convinced there's cheaters now. I have yet to meet a single player skilled enough to do that before, and as far as I know 1-hit kills are impossible with an SMG. Also, how did they know I was in shooting range? They didn't "test-fire" or anything to see if they were hitting me. They just let me shoot at them and get closer slowly, and as soon as they apparently saw me as a threat, they killed me with 1 shot. From a fairly great distance... Even when I wasn't shooting at them (so they couldn't have seen the bullets hit close to them to judge my distance or anything) they would know the second I was in range.

They stuck close together. The one guy's name was phil and some numbers, the other guy's name was something like RaTaR or RoToR.

.Up&Coming.

I have this issue constantly. You're up in the guys face, shooting your ass off, and you don't seem to do any damage. Then, they shoot once, you hear the death noise, and you're gone. I don't get it...This particularly happens to me with AA on.

I try head shots and everything, and I never seem to kill them completely. Have you noticed their health bar being stuck at a very low point but never actually killing them? I don't know. Maybe I just suck.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Coltrane's Muse

I've played against this xxRoToRxx character, and I assure you, he's a grade-A jackass. He wasn't able to kill me in one shot as you claim he was able to do, but he did nothing but follow me around the entirety of one particular "Free Roam" session and hack at me with a knife. I couldn't enter a vehicle because he'd ram into me, knocking me into the ground before I could pry the door open.

The game continued in this fashion for another five or ten minutes until I simply gave up and hosted another game. I'ven't encountered him since.

user posted image

I have this issue constantly. You're up in the guys face, shooting your ass off, and you don't seem to do any damage. Then, they shoot once, you hear the death noise, and you're gone. I don't get it...This particularly happens to me with AA on.

I try head shots and everything, and I never seem to kill them completely. Have you noticed their health bar being stuck at a very low point but never actually killing them? I don't know. Maybe I just suck.

I couldn't even get close, though. Not even with cover - I'd find cover, and as soon as I'd pop my head up I'd be killed. I'm pretty sure I never even hit them, and I sent a few rounds their way.

Maybe it's this incense I'm burning... but this is pissing me off. If they were just better than me, that's fine, that happens and I'll admit and acknowledge that, but for f*ck's sake, these guys were unstoppable. They didn't have a mic so they couldn't really coordinate it...

Edit: @Coltrane - there weren't xx's in his name. It was a plain word in altcaps, RoToR or RaTaR, I couldn't tell on my tiny TV screen. No x's, no numbers. The first guy was phil30938676 or something like that.

.Up&Coming.

I couldn't even get close, though. Not even with cover - I'd find cover, and as soon as I'd pop my head up I'd be killed. I'm pretty sure I never even hit them, and I sent a few rounds their way.

Maybe it's this incense I'm burning... but this is pissing me off. If they were just better than me, that's fine, that happens and I'll admit and acknowledge that, but for f*ck's sake, these guys were unstoppable. They didn't have a mic so they couldn't really coordinate it...

I know what you mean. A lot of times when I'm in cover, they seem to hit me dead on.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

I know what you mean. A lot of times when I'm in cover, they seem to hit me dead on.

That's 'cause your head is popping out when you're watching them, or they're in a position where they can see an arm. I do that all the time. When they shot me, it wasn't through walls or nothing. Just when I popped my head up to aim at them.

.Up&Coming.

That's 'cause your head is popping out when you're watching them, or they're in a position where they can see an arm. I do that all the time. When they shot me, it wasn't through walls or nothing. Just when I popped my head up to aim at them.

Yup. Well, I'm in team deathmatch now...16 people, with AA on. This will suck. I know it. I'll see if it happens to me.

I hate a full game with AA on. You die every 10 seconds.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Yup. Well, I'm in team deathmatch now...16 people, with AA on. This will suck. I know it. I'll see if it happens to me.

I hate a full game with AA on. You die every 10 seconds.

I requested to add you an hour ago or so. Just invite me if a TDM sucks, I can most of the time clear it out pretty well. Not always, but most of the time. I like full games with AA.

This was different, these guys were cheating. Try it with a friend, try to get a 1-hit kill with any weapon excluding a sniper rifle or an explosive/vehicle.

Pisses me the f*ck off.

Coltrane's Muse

My apologies. A case of mistaken identity. Well, if you should ever happen upon the individual I described, steer clear.

user posted image

.Up&Coming.

Yup. This idiot pyrolise killed me about 8 times already. Can't kill him once.

I'll invite you next game. I'm focused on killing this person right now. icon14.gif

Edited by .Up&Coming.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Coltrane's Muse

The eviscerations are only going to become more frequent.

user posted image

Judging from all your posts, Erados, they're inhuman thus leading me to think they are bots or cheaters.

Judging from all your posts, Erados, they're inhuman thus leading me to think they are bots or cheaters.

That's what I think right now. A bot would be perfect for that. But at least it's easy to tell them apart from fair players.

Invite me to the TDM whenever ya want, but I'm only around for another hour and a half or so. And I still have to shower and eat.

Edit: but why hasn't anyone else noticed this stuff?

Keep an eye out for those names. You'll instantly know what I mean.

Lazlo_Panaflex

Erados...I started a thread exactly the same as this...and kind of got flamed for being a n00b and told it was lag.

Now I know lag, but these guys sound exactly like the ones I have encountered before.

They kill you with one shot, with either a pistol or smg, from an insanely long range...long before you can even shoot them.

Same re: behind cover. I would slyly pop up to aim at them and BANG one shot and I'm dead.

I know there are some freakishly good players out there...but for a group of guys to all be like that. That's a bit weird.

Did you see what level they were on?

Erados...I started a thread exactly the same as this...and kind of got flamed for being a n00b and told it was lag.

Now I know lag, but these guys sound exactly like the ones I have encountered before.

They kill you with one shot, with either a pistol or smg, from an insanely long range...long before you can even shoot them.

Same re: behind cover. I would slyly pop up to aim at them and BANG one shot and I'm dead.

I know there are some freakishly good players out there...but for a group of guys to all be like that. That's a bit weird.

Didn't see level. I never really check that, my tv is a 13" so it's real hard to see that. It doesn't keep me from playing the game, but some things are almost impossible to read.

I just check names for familiarity and check who has a mic (and if the folks with mics are teaming up, which usually makes them much more powerful and coordinated and requires totally different strategies). I wasn't really expecting them to be like this... I would've noticed if they had a colored rank thing, so they were 7 or under.

At least someone knows my pain. If someone wants to call me a noob, I'd be happy to take them to a 1v1 DM to convince them otherwise. I'm not the best, but I am pretty goddamn good. I've had loads of close games, but I can't recall (except for this game, of course) me not being the #1 killer with the best kill/death ratio in any of this or last week's TDMs that I've played. So keep noobishness out of it.

Lazlo_Panaflex

Didn't see level. I never really check that, my tv is a 13" so it's real hard to see that. It doesn't keep me from playing the game, but some things are almost impossible to read.

I just check names for familiarity and check who has a mic (and if the folks with mics are teaming up, which usually makes them much more powerful and coordinated and requires totally different strategies). I wasn't really expecting them to be like this... I would've noticed if they had a colored rank thing, so they were 7 or under.

At least someone knows my pain. If someone wants to call me a noob, I'd be happy to take them to a 1v1 DM to convince them otherwise. I'm not the best, but I am pretty goddamn good. I've had loads of close games, but I can't recall (except for this game, of course) me not being the #1 killer with the best kill/death ratio in any of this or last week's TDMs that I've played. So keep noobishness out of it.

Yes, I know your pain....initially I thought I was just being seriously outclassed...but this is something different.

The first group I encountered like this were all level 0 or 1.

Now that's weird.

GoldenGod1122

You can tell when someone is in range because their health will show up in the crosshair. I do that to people all the time..... Let them shoot bullets like crazy while they are out of range while I line up a head shot. As soon as they get in range I put 2 caps in their head. I would say your problem may be playing too many AA games.

Lazlo_Panaflex
You can tell when someone is in range because their health will show up in the crosshair. I do that to people all the time..... Let them shoot bullets like crazy while they are out of range while I line up a head shot. As soon as they get in range I put 2 caps in their head. I would say your problem may be playing too many AA games.

I think you'll find Erados is quite good with AA off as well.....

But when you target someone with the M4 and they are "out of range" and then they "pistol" you...something is amiss

There was another thing - reticule health was off. smile.gif

You couldn't TELL if you were in range. I use that trick too.

Panz, that game rocked. I joined the wrong team by autoplacement, but it still rocked. Respawning sucked, though. Too close, every time you killed someone they'd get the spawnshield and rifle you from up close.

.Up&Coming.

I haven't played multiplayer in awhile. That was fun.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Yup, it was. I gotta go shower now, though.

That was a horrible map for the respawn rate. You'd respawn behind pipes, and you can't aim at them, but they could get you pretty easy. And the spawn shield got me killed so many times.

Still, great game. Those guys were pretty good.

.Up&Coming.

Yeah, the guy who set up the game probably hasn't done it before. Oh well. Good stuff. I haven't played there yet, so it was all new. (I'm not that far in the story either. I get distracted.)

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

KamikazeCanadian

Haha, ya I remember that topic. But I think you got flamed because you said they were jumping super high and running really fast. An aimbot is possible, but I doubt they could hack the game's physics (but I could be wrong)

I also played an incredibly one sided game yesterday. I consider myself really good, not being cocky, but I think I understand the ins and outs of playing deathmatch. I was playing against a level 7 player. He got 84 kills and 2 deaths (that i dealt to him). AA was on, weapons on powerful. He would own me in one or two shots with the smg, even if I was out of range, even if I was running, taking cover, dodging. I even tried rolling.. haha.

He added me as a friend and I asked him how he did it, I couldn't even get a shot off on him. He said "I guess I'm just really fast". Now, I don't know of any public aim bots for GTA IV, but I don't see how this is possible. Funny thing is, the game I played with him before this one was "all weapons" at the docks, and I destroyed him. Seems he's only good with the SMG. Might require some looking into...

Yeah, the guy who set up the game probably hasn't done it before. Oh well. Good stuff. I haven't played there yet, so it was all new. (I'm not that far in the story either. I get distracted.)

Well, I'm back, so hit me up if you wanna have another game. Or I can host one that you'd probably like. All assault rifles with AA and near respawn in a small map is a bad idea. dozingoff.gif

Kami, that's interesting... I know it's possible to hack physics and stuff like that by something called packet spoofing (I did it in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction). You could set walk and run speed, but if you went past a certain point it lagged you out (but not everyone else) and would pop you back into the place where the server expected you to be. So it's possible, but really not useful. And I don't know how you'd intercept and edit packets sent from the PSN via the PS3... doesn't make sense. Aimbots make a tiny bit more sense, but that still doesn't explain the 1-hit kills.

Edited by Erados

KamikazeCanadian

Think I might come on in an hour or two. I'm on psn if anyone wants to add me: KamikazeCanadian

No mic, but maybe we could see if there's anything we're doing wrong....

.Up&Coming.

Well, I'm back, so hit me up if you wanna have another game. Or I can host one that you'd probably like. All assault rifles with AA and near respawn in a small map is a bad idea. dozingoff.gif

Kami, that's interesting... I know it's possible to hack physics and stuff like that by something called packet spoofing (I did it in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction). You could set walk and run speed, but if you went past a certain point it lagged you out (but not everyone else) and would pop you back into the place where the server expected you to be. So it's possible, but really not useful. And I don't know how you'd intercept and edit packets sent from the PSN via the PS3... doesn't make sense. Aimbots make a tiny bit more sense, but that still doesn't explain the 1-hit kills.

Sure. I'll have to get back on. I hate that there's no menu like Xbox has that you can access in-game. Isn't PS3 getting it in the summer? Forget the name, but oh well.

I'll be off soon though. It's almost 10 here in America. smile.gif

Edit: Aww! I go on multiplayer and get the infinite load screen of death.

Edited by .Up&Coming.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Lazlo_Panaflex
Haha, ya I remember that topic. But I think you got flamed because you said they were jumping super high and running really fast. An aimbot is possible, but I doubt they could hack the game's physics (but I could be wrong)

Yeah, but I still stand by the"super jump" thing. I saw it again last nigth.

Could be lag.....who knows. So many glitches.

And I know what you mean with playing guys who are pretty darn good.

My team got pnwed last night by 2 level 5 guys who were not impossible to kill...just really hard!

Sure. I'll have to get back on. I hate that there's no menu like Xbox has that you can access in-game. Isn't PS3 getting it in the summer? Forget the name, but oh well.

I'll be off soon though. It's almost 10 here in America. smile.gif

Edit: Aww! I go on multiplayer and get the infinite load screen of death.

I'm EST too. I was born Belgian, but I live in the US. I keep the flag because it helps me identify my posts, and it's handy for declaring the fact that I'm bilingual in Dutch and English. And partly French. And Afrikaans.

We need a lobby, yeah. This isn't very efficient. We also need some more of the connection problems fixed.

drpacifist

Beat me to it.

Bots are completely possible.