2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Man Who Once Spoke

Carbine23

I hate to be a double posting bitch and all but I thought this was double post-worthy;

user posted image

[img=http://www.isarapix.org/pix5/1218422648.jpg]

Enjoy and anyone who's a fan of this story please inclue this into your sig smile.gif .

Thanks for the banners. I appreciate it icon14.gif

For some reason i don't have inspiration to finish this off. It's been a drag updating this for a month. If i don't get any more inspiration then (can't believe i'm saying this) but i might abandon it. Sorry to all you fans, but it could happen. It's too tiring for me and i'm starting school soon. I have goals in life to achieve and i don't have time to write this. I'm more interested in writing shorter stories or starting something new. We'll see what happens. I will promise more chapters though, but whether i'm abandoning this is something to think about.

Wanted Assailant
I hate to be a double posting bitch and all but I thought this was double post-worthy;

user posted image

[img=http://www.isarapix.org/pix5/1218422648.jpg]

Enjoy and anyone who's a fan of this story please inclue this into your sig smile.gif .

Thanks for the banners. I appreciate it icon14.gif

For some reason i don't have inspiration to finish this off. It's been a drag updating this for a month. If i don't get any more inspiration then (can't believe i'm saying this) but i might abandon it. Sorry to all you fans, but it could happen. It's too tiring for me and i'm starting school soon. I have goals in life to achieve and i don't have time to write this. I'm more interested in writing shorter stories or starting something new. We'll see what happens. I will promise more chapters though, but whether i'm abandoning this is something to think about.

icon14.gif True. You gotta' do what you gotta' do.

I'd say after a long and worthy vacation, finish off the story completely, most likely a two-parter so you woudn't feel the stress. This story was made in, what March? I'm surprised you haven't felt a drag, ever.

If you feel the need to abandon it completely then do so, because no one is going to stop you.

Chapter 38: Up Your Alley

“Stay calm Claude,” Brooks whispered to me.

We were standing on rooftops of small apartment buildings, hiding and waiting for Manza’s car to pull up. We had enough evidence, and we worked up a fake deal with him. The VCPD is pretending to be drug lords, waiting for a deal that will hopefully be successful with our intentions. Once Manza pulls up, we’ll pop a few of his buddies, and arrest him. Juicy plan, but will it be successful.

“Chief, come in,” the radioman said.

“Brooks here, what’s your call?” he said.

“Manza’s coming into the Little Haiti neighborhood. Are all your positions set?” the radioman asked.

“Yes we are in a good position. Now listen to me, when I say go, you shoot Manza’s comrades, but not Manza. You read me?” Brooks asked.

“Copy that. Shoot the goons and get Manza alive,” the radiomen said.

“Exactly. Are all the disguised cops ready?” Brooks asked.

“Yes sir. We’re getting information that Manza is about to pull into our alleyway now,” the radioman said.

“Ok let Phoenix be the lead drug dealer in this case. Let him talk to Manza,” Brooks said.

“Roger that. He’s in chief,” the radioman said as Manza’s car came into the alleyway.

Me, Brooks and other police officers ducked on the rooftop, so he wouldn’t see us. The fancy car pulled up, parallel to the other car the fake drug dealers were in. Phoenix and the other officers disguised as drug dealers started to walk towards Manza’s car. Each step eroded the dirt and scum lying in the alleyway. Manza and four people got out of the car and walked towards the drug dealers. Each met face to face, with suitcases of money and fake drugs.

“Mr. Manza, pleasure to meet you,” Phoenix said holding out his hand.

“Pleasure to meet you too,” Manza said shaking Phoenix’s hand.

“You got the stuff?” Phoenix asked.

“Oh it’s right here,” Manza said holding up the suitcase.

“How much?” Phoenix asked.

“10,000,” Manza said.

“10,000? I can get more for that in Liberty City if I wanted to,” Phoenix said.

“Take the money Mr. Phoenix, and I’ll take my stash,” Manza said.

Both exchanged their suitcases to each other and opened them up. Phoenix opened the case of money, and Manza opened the case of cocaine.

“Pure cocaine, I can almost taste it,” Manza said as he said.

“Yup, it’s pure,” Phoenix said.

“Wait this isn’t cocaine? This is sugar,” Manza said in shock as Phoenix gave a smile.

The radio then gave the order.

“Go!” the radioman gave the order.

Me and Brooks rose from our position and stuck our snipers up from the rooftops. I aimed down the sights quickly and pulled the trigger right away. A bullet flew through mid-air and nailed one of the goons in the head. The blood squirted off his head and knocked him back against the car. Brooks shot another bullet, which tore through another goon’s stomach making him collapse onto the floor. Phoenix and his goons shot Manza in the leg, and took care of the other goons. Manza was lying on the floor in pain, as the blood leaked from his leg. Phoenix went up to him with a pair of handcuffs.

“Manza, you are arrested under the VCPD for murder, extortion, smuggling, and drug import. You have the right to remain silent,” Phoenix said as he cuffed Manza and slammed his body against the car.

Chapter 39: Ain’t Nothing but a Game

“Mr. Manza or should I say Mr. James Lucas from Holland, Liberty City?” Brooks asked him in the interrogation room.

“I prefer to be called Manza, thank you very much,” Manza said.

“Very well then. You are still nothing but a failure down here. Not only have you done drugs, extortion, and bank robbing, but you changed your identity illegally. What even made you come to Vice City anyway? What even made you work for the Haitians when your not one of them?” Brooks asked.

“Goddamnit! I can’t tell you about my past,” Manza screamed.

“Yes you can,” Brooks shouted at him.

“No I can’t! For years I’ve been trying to get that sh*t out of my head. Don’t bring it all back to me,” Manza said as he started to cry.

“Sometimes telling someone can get rid of the pain,” Brooks said to him.

“Ask me anything else but that. Please,” Manza begged.

“Ok. Can you at least tell me what you have been doing in Little Haiti these last few years?” Brooks asked.

“You don’t understand Mr. Brooks. It ain’t nothing but a game. The more you make, the more you’re gonna wanna make. Until you reach the end, you can only look back at how you were consumed by all of this. Especially for a poor boy, your gonna become addicted to this game. And that’s what happened to me,” Manza said.

“Are you willing to bring this gang to justice, looking back at your crimes?” Brooks asked him.

I was looking into the Interrogation room when this happened. They couldn’t see me, but I could see them. I awaited Manza’s answers. Will we have to beat the answer out of him, or can we bring this gang to justice? Am I justice though? All I’ve done was kill, kill, and kill. There’s nothing good about that, even if your killing for the good.

Nice chapter Carbine i liked it how Claude is questioning himself. What does Manza want to hide in the past? How bad can it be ?

Hmm, a terrible secret that Manza is intent on hiding? I wonder if it's connected to Claude's past, somehow.

Will we have to beat the answer out of him, or can we bring this gang to justice? Am I justice though? All I’ve done was kill, kill, and kill. There’s nothing good about that, even if your killing for the good.

Glad to see Claude has some remorse. Perhaps we'll see a new side of him, eh?

What are the chances of Manza being the biker Claude stabbed? OK, so my mind's rushing ahead here, but yeah.

Good chapter.

I very much dought he is that biker, firstly trying not to be rasist but bikers are normally white with tattoo's of devils on their arms. Manza is a drug baron bought up on the tough streets of Liberty city...

daviescirca93

Egad Niko looks hella ugly in that! nervous.giflol.gif

Nice work though on both the story and the art icon14.gifsmile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
sergei stanislav

nice! here have a cookie icon14.gifcookie.gif you know from the second i laid eyes on the title i knew somehow this was gonna be good!

nice! here have a cookie icon14.gif  cookie.gif you know from the second i laid eyes on the title i knew somehow this was gonna be good!

Really? What was your favorite part about it? sarcasm.gif

Danni makes a good point

Edited by Carbine23

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 40: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The newspapers were flooding with stories about the capture of Manza. Articles reading “African Bopper captured!” or “Vice’s Heroes Crush Haitians.” Brooke’s was mentioned mostly throughout the articles along with his crew who stopped him. Of course I was mentioned to supposedly. After all I did find all the evidence for Brooke’s, including the tape recorded session. I was famous for once, and for a good reason. Hopefully nothing could ruin that great feeling.

About 4 days after the capture of Manza, I got a phone call from an old friend. Hmm, I wonder who that could be?

“Hey Claude. It’s Tom,” Vercetti said in a voice showing no emotion.

“Tom! What’s up? I haven’t see you in forever. Where are you at?” I said to him.

“Get over to my mansion now. Don’t bring anybody with you,” Tommy said as he hung up the phone.

I pulled my car up to Tommy’s gated driveway. The mansion had been fixed up from that Colombian Invasion. It was going to be great to see my good friend Tom again. After all, he secretly did help me find evidence for Manza’s drug case. Under the Florida sun, I got out of my car and locked it up, wearing my new black tinted sunglasses which glittered from the sunshine over the sparkling sea. I could taste the smell of seagulls flying around the air, and taking sh*ts on sailors who came into the Vice City Bay. Well it was about time to see Tommy again. I ignored the sweet smell of the sea, and walked up the long flight of stairs, up to the front door. I gave a few knocks on it, knocking my knuckles onto the hard wood. Eventually someone came to the door, and opened it up. It was Tommy, with a bad look on his face.

“Tommy! You told me to come here?” I said to him in an exciting tone.

“Claude. Glad to see you. Come to my office,” Tommy said in an unexciting voice.

I banged my footsteps against the red carpeted stairs as I followed Tommy up to his office. Why did he sound so unhappy? What did I do wrong? Am I in trouble? When Tommy got into his office, he sat on the nice leather chair behind his desk. He lit up a cigar, and blew a big puff of smoke into his stuffy office

“Claude, sit down. Now!” Tommy demanded.

I sat my ass quickly down on the chair in front of his desk. My skin started to get a little red, as I began to get butterflies in my stomach.

“What the f*ck Claude. What the f*ck!” Tommy screamed.

“What? What did I do?” I asked him with a confused tone.

“What did you do? What do you mean, what did you do? You f*cking worked with the VCPD. I said don’t work with any cops, and you did! You did! You’re a traitor Claude! A f*cking traitor!” Tommy screamed.

“He blackmailed me! What was I supposed to do?” I cried back to him as I stood up from my chair.

“You could’ve came to me, and I would’ve dealt with the problem. I thought you were good at listening Claude. What happened?” Tommy said in an angry voice.

“Listen I was working for Umberto, then……” I said before Tommy interrupted.

“You worked for Umberto? That f*cking Cuban! What the hell? I told you don’t work with those dirty Cubans!” Tommy yelled at me.

“You told me to find some work!” I said back to him.

“Not Cuban work! Not Hispanic work! I worked for the Spics and they betrayed me Claude! My piece of sh*t boss Diez was one of those Cuban F*ckers. And you know what? I took him out! That’s how I own this place Claude. I had to betray those who were my friends, but betrayed me,” Tommy screamed.

“What if you betrayed him? What if you caused it all? What about you betraying your unity with me right now!” I screamed extremely loud against Tommy.

Tommy took the cigar out of his mouth, and threw it straight at my face. The cigar’s lit end, nailed me right in the forehead causing the cigar to burn deep within his flesh. I fell back against my chair, and hit my back against the floor screaming with the burning pain in my head. I held my hands against my head, twisting back and forth, hoping for the pain to go away. Tommy came right next to me, in his shiny leather shoes, and kicked me three times in the stomach. Each time let a group of blood to spurt out of my mouth and onto the rug.

“Oh so now your gonna bleed on my rug you f*cking traitor!” Tommy said to me with the face of the devil.

Tommy started to kick me again and again, almost breaking my bones as the shoe hit my body with full force. He did about 3 – 4 more kicks before a man came into his office.

“Tom!” Paulie shouted to him.

Tommy stopped kicking me, and stood their frozen in his tracks. Paulie stood there, staring at both of us as blood leaked all over my mouth. Tommy breathing heavily, said one last thing to me.

“Get out of my home, and never come back,” Tommy said in a calm voice.

He then walked out of the room, pretending that nothing ever happened. He felt pleasure while beating the crap out of me. I felt pain with a burnt mark on my head, blood leaking out of my mouth and about 8 kicks to the ribs.

The End of Part 2

Part 3 Coming Soon!

Edited by Carbine23

Did that cigar burn hurt THAT much? I mean, I got the picture that Tommy just flicked it at him and the lit end hit him a little in the forehead. Hmm. End of Part 2? I'm assuming Claude is leaving town due to err...an eviction from the mayor? tounge2.gif. We'll see, my friend.

Part 3: The King and His Men

Chapter 1: Hellfire

“Claude….” A voice whispered in a distance.

“Who said that? Who’s there?” I shrieked at the mysterious voice.

“Claude, you coward. You let him walk all over you,” the voice said again.

“Who? Where am I? Why is it so dark?” I questioned him.

“Claude, stop! Stop! Stop it! Ah! Stop!” a woman’s voice shrieked

“Mom? Is that you?” I asked in the middle of darkness.

Out of nowhere, the floor lit up. A giant light circle surrounded by darkness appeared under my feet. I didn’t know where I was, or what just happened. It was either oblivion or hell. I was nowhere.

“Get back here Claude! Get back here so I can beat the living sh*t out of you! Get back here!” a scream that sounded like my dad said.

“Hey Claude, you ignorant prick,” another voice said.

“God doesn’t promote violence!” the voice of my mother shrieked.

“Stay true to the man in blue,” another voice screamed from the distance.

“You must find a way to let god forgive you,” one last voice said to me.

“What are all these voices? It’s like it’s from my past,” I said holding my hands on my head from the raging migraine developing.

“You must find a way to let god forgive you,” the same voice said again.

“Forgive what?” I cried back.

“You must find a way to let god forgive you,” the voice said again.

“Come out you son of a b*tch and fight me!” I screamed in tears of pain.

“You must find a way to let god forgive you,” the voice said louder.

“Forgive what? What do you want from me? Let me be! Let me be!” I shouted back at him.

“Yourself!” the voice shouted at me.

A large circle of flames grew and surrounded the circle. The temperature grew hotter then Vice City’s temperature. It felt like 120 degrees. Sweat rolled down my shirt, and disappeared before if even hit the floor. 12 men wearing red robes popped out of the flames and surrounded me. They looked about 10 feet tall, and they had no faces. There hoods were nothing but blackness.

“Mr. Claude, great to see you again,” the leader said.

“What? Who are you? What do you want with me?” I said to them in confusion.

“We are your guardians Claude. We have been watching you, and haunting you,” they said to me.

“Why? Why would you cause so much pain in my life? What’s going on?” I cried in tears.

“You are sensitive and unaware of your real powers Claude. Your past is the only way you can release yourself,” they said to me.

“I don’t understand. Where am I?” I said to them.

“Where you are has nothing to do with what you are,” the man said back to me.

“Your words make no sense. I need answers, now!” I shouted back.

“You don’t understand. Your fear is the key to overthrow your troubles. You are a killer Claude. A cold hearted killer, ready to do anybody’s work. You have been betrayed by one of your earliest partners. You shall take revenge,” The man ordered me.

“No. I can’t. No more killing! No more flashbacks! Please, take it away from me!” I cried to them.

“We can’t take it away Claude, because we are your past,” they all said to me.

The 12 people removed their hoods and revealed their faces. I saw my mother, father, the priest I killed, Umberto, and other gang members I killed.

“What? What’s going on?” I said with no emotion.

“You are the cause of your suffering and pain. Those who lift the sword, die by It,” my father said.

“What are you talking about? Stop it! Just stop it and leave me alone!” I screamed, ducking myself on the floor.

“Your life shall be a living hell with us!” they all said as they lifted into air.

The sky started to turn dark red, and thunder sparked the dark Hell skies. They started to spin around, screaming at me, and their voices caused pain within my head. I couldn’t bare the pain of my past. I was so sensitive, and afraid, that I didn’t fight back. I just ducked on the floor, scared, and crying.

“Stop it! Leave me alone!” I screamed.

“Die. Die. Die. Die. Die” the demons repeated in the sky.

“No! No! I won’t die! You motherf*ckers! You ruined my life! Now you’ll pay!” I shouted at them, as my anger took over my body.

The demons stopped flying around me, and they dropped back down to the floor, right in front of me. I took out the pistol from my pocket, and shot in all directions. The bullets pierced the robes of the demons, killing them instantly, and each kill left a part of my past empty. Each kill made an empty slot in my memory. I killed my mother, the priest, Umberto and others as the bullets killed everybody in my sight. Gun smoke filled the air, and a pool of blood lay at my feet. There was one man left. My father.

“Come on Claude, want to play ball? I’ll make it up to you,” My father said as I walked slowly towards him.

“You never did anything with me, except abuse me till my blood turned soar,” I shouted as I shot one bullet into his leg.

“Come on Claude. I’m not the one who made your life hell? Your mother did!” My father said in pain.

“Mom tried to protect me, but you ruined everything,” I said shooting another bullet into his shoulder.

“You don’t want to do this!” my father screamed.

“Oh yes I do!” I said as I shot another bullet into his stomach.

My father dropped to the ground, staring at me in his demon robe. Blood started to leak onto the floor. I walked up to him and stopped right in front of my face. I pulled the gun up to his head and let the barrel touch his skin.

“I’m sorry Claude. I’m sorry. But you’re never going to get rid of your past. We’ll always be with you, as long as you live!” my father cried in tears to me.

“I killed you once, and you stuck by me. I kill you twice and you’re going to be nothing but sand in a desert. It’ll fly, but only to other deserts. And that’s exactly where you’re going. Nowhere. Goodbye father,” I said in a calm voice.

I pulled the metal trigger on the gun. The bullet went right through his head, splattering blood everywhere. I saw my father collapse on the ground behind him. He was dead, and so was everyone else. I couldn’t remember my past, other then all that was good. A large bright light in the sky shined and got brighter. The light consumed me, and took my body away from this dark place.

“Ah!” I woke up screaming from my sleep.

I was in the middle of an alleyway in Little Havana. It was 2:00 in the morning, and my body ached of pain.

“What a nightmare, but reality is a nightmare,” I whispered to myself trying to get there.

I got up from the concrete street and started walking down it, limping. I learned something from that dream. You have to dump your past to become the man you were destined to me. I’ve been too sensitive, not knowing that my past ruined me. And those that have betrayed me have also betrayed my trust. I have one goal right now. I have to kill Tommy Vercetti.

----------------------

*Secret - What major person of Claude's life wasn't in the dream?

This chapter was basically all dialouge, I couldn't be bothered plowing through it after the first paragraph.

Only read the latest chapter and I've yet to catch up, but I liked that. You've made Claude totally sympathetic but again; I like that, despite being more-or-less a script. Good job. icon14.gif

Interesting dream. Reminded me of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion with the people in red robes and hoods. tounge2.gif.

Hmm, what person that was important in Claude's life wasn't in his dream? Does it have something to do with the future? Well..I do have a hunch.

@Phusion - Well for this type of story, dialogue is very important. I understand your the short story kind of guy, but this is like a novel or saga. Dialogue is used a lot on this story, and yes there will be some chapters that describe a lot and some that don't. This particular one didn't have big description. Ill try to even out the dialogue in the future, but this chapter needed it.

@Oxidizer - Look who decided to catch up biggrin.gif

@Warplay3r - Find it out for yourself colgate.gif

New chapter possibly up tonight. I can tell you right now that Part 3 focuses on killing Tommy Vercetti. And for those who are wondering. Yes. There will be another part after part 3.

Edited by Carbine23

• 1 month later...

amazing, i hate to say ''i admire your dedication'' but unfortunately i can't look at the screen long enough to read this, in print out maybe and if i'm on a long trip?

no i'm just messing, congrats to you, ur writing style's very.... ambitious. perhaps i could ask your help for like redrafting a script (not mine but i translated it), sorry for jumping on you with this, pm me

Thank you very much. I haven't had the inspiration to continue this, and i sorta stopped writing but at some point i may come back to it, so keep waiting for a possible continuation.

@Phusion - Well for this type of story, dialogue is very important. I understand your the short story kind of guy, but this is like a novel or saga. Dialogue is used a lot on this story, and yes there will be some chapters that describe a lot and some that don't. This particular one didn't have big description. Ill try to even out the dialogue in the future, but this chapter needed it.

@Oxidizer - Look who decided to catch up biggrin.gif

@Warplay3r - Find it out for yourself colgate.gif

New chapter possibly up tonight. I can tell you right now that Part 3 focuses on killing Tommy Vercetti. And for those who are wondering. Yes. There will be another part after part 3.

I didn't know killing Tommy V was possible, biggrin.gif

Edited by VCRules86

• 1 month later...

well well i am glad that carbine is back to contiue this story i really like this web novel icon14.gif

well i am off to a rampage rampage_ani.gif see yah colgate.gif

ObsydianRaven

This story is cool. Good job, 10/10. Now for part where Claude kills Tommy, mabye he could steal a Hunter (millitary helicopter) and fly over to Tommy's mansion and blow the hell out of it?

Edited by sethpenguin

well well i am glad that carbine is back to contiue this story

Ok god knows where you got that from.....

But since some people seem to be still liking this story, i will continue it still while i can. I don't know when i'll continue it however. But be prepared icon14.gif

• 4 months later...
ObsydianRaven

So are you going to continue the story?

The Unvirginiser

Please, just PM the author in the future. We don't need bare bumps catspider.gif

But... due to his inactivity, probably not.