2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Man Who Once Spoke

Carbine23

Pretty sweet trailer! I even played GTA3 earlier 'cause perhaps I was inspired to a little bit. cool.gif

Thanks Danni! You should leave feedback more often. And i'm in the process of making another trailer with audio this time. It will hopefully be out tomorrow when i get back from the beach.

Chapter 26: Crazy Haitians

I walked into the café to tell Umberto of my successful news on the beatings of those three Haitian bastards. Umberto was eating his sloppy Cuban sandwich as I walked in through the empty doors in the middle of the night. He slumped his sandwich and wiped his mouth, so he could get his words out as he jumped in excitement. “Claude! You get those Haitians?” he asked me. I stared at him for a few seconds. “They won’t be bothering you any more Mr. Robino,” I said as I pulled a hat out of my pocket. It was a Haitian white cap with blood smeared all over it. The blood was so thick it was leaking on my arm and onto the floor. Umberto grabbed a $100 out of his pocket and stuck it in the air. He then gave it to me as he rubbed the dollar bill of its glory. “Take it Claude. You deserve it,” he said to me. It wasn’t nearly as much as I expected, but I didn’t say a word and took the dollar bill in appreciation. I gave a short smile to him, but I noticed something strange. There wasn’t any sweat dripping down my face. The air felt cold in a way, like a ghost was around me. Umberto looked confused as I walked up to the front café window to have a look at the outside. Barely anybody was in the café expect me, Umberto and three Cuban gangsters playing cards. I stared outside along the street. It was empty, and nobody was walking around. It was like a ghost town out there and I became scared. “Something wrong Claude?” Umberto asked me. I didn’t answer him but I kept looking at the street. Then something cracked in the window behind me. A large pit of flame popped out of no where and set the café on fire. It hit one of the Cuban gangsters and he began to burn in pain.

Me, Umberto and the other guys rushed out of the café as it was burning to a crisp. We had to leave the other man behind because there was nothing we could do. The café was burning like a BBQ and the cold air turned to intense heat. We heard a noise behind the café like somebody was whaling. Umberto, me and the rest went around the corner to see what was going on. A pair of Haitians were doing a ritual in front of the burning café, like a weird dance. “You Voodoo pieces of sh*t, I’ll kill you all!” Umberto screamed as he pulled a pistol out of his pocket and attempted to shoot the four Haitians dancing. He shot one bullet and tore the shoulder off of the nearest guy to him. The Haitian fell to the ground as blood spurted out of the bullet hole in his shoulder. Another Haitian quickly took out a pistol and aimed it at Umberto. He shot one bullet into Umberto’s stomach. The bullet pierced his white tang top and he held his stomach as blood rushed out of the hole. The Haitian took another shot at Umberto and the bullet pierced his head. The bullet knocked Umberto dead and he fell on his back. Blood leaked from his stomach and his head as he laid there on the ground. The bullet to his head killed him for good. It was saddening though. I was beginning to like Umberto, and an anger developed deep inside of me. It was my obligation to kill every one of these Haitian f*ckers.

Hiya. I've been reading the story so far (I read his childhood awhile ago, now I'm reading his adulthood.) I just wanted to say, I think you should do the dialogue more like.

"Claude! You get those Haitans?" He asked me.

"They won't be bothering you any longer." I replied.

Like put it into different lines. Personally I think it would be easier to read that way. Otherwise, I like it. Keep it up. sleepy.gif

daviescirca93

Nah, i think it works the way it is.

Good work as ever, i made this for you too Carbine

user posted image

not the best but you know smile.gif

Hiya. I've been reading the story so far (I read his childhood awhile ago, now I'm reading his adulthood.) I just wanted to say, I think you should do the dialogue more like.

"Claude! You get those Haitans?" He asked me.

"They won't be bothering you any longer." I replied.

Like put it into different lines. Personally I think it would be easier to read that way. Otherwise, I like it. Keep it up. sleepy.gif

Definitely. No matter what you say, Carbine, it's written wrong; the conversations should be written like what Warplay3r said it should be.

No offense, mind.

Way better trailer with music this time. Thanks for the poster Davie!

As for the style of writing, i think i'll give that a try, but i hope it doesn't confuse people. More chapters to come soon. Enjoy the trailer!

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Ha, I paused the Hall & Oates vid I was watching on Youtube to check that trailer Carbine.

Sin City Music, woo!

Also, why the call of duty clips? I was like, "Thugs, shooting, car stunts, nuclear explosion!, more criminals, guns..."

But sweet nonetheless.

Ha, I paused the Hall & Oates vid I was watching on Youtube to check that trailer Carbine.

Sin City Music, woo!

Also, why the call of duty clips? I was like, "Thugs, shooting, car stunts, nuclear explosion!, more criminals, guns..."

But sweet nonetheless.

You have to read the story Don! Claude is in the Gulf War in the beginning of Part 2 and his helicopter got shot down from an explosion from an oil well. Of course it wouldn't be that big of an explosion, but it was the best i could get. Glad you guys liked it icon14.gif

Edited by Carbine23

Chapter 27: Red Night

“You crazy Haitians! I’ll kill you all,” I screamed loudly as Umberto’s blood was drenching in my hands, while the flaming café was behind me. The Haitians started running quickly away from the café, hoping to get away from the mess. I looked at Umberto’s dead face. So much killing has been done because of me, and so much bloodshed. Tears came out of my eyes, and rolled over my cheeks. The two other Cubans started to take out there pistols, but I quickly stopped them. “No. Wait. They’re mine!” I screamed as I got up from Umberto’s body and started running down the street. I took out the pistol from the inside of my shirt, running furiously for more blood.

I turned the corner while sprinting heavily and there I saw three Haitians running slower then me down the street. I started to scream like bloody Mary as the pistol lay calmly in my hands. The man that killed Umberto was in front of the other two, and he was my main target. I started getting close to the last Haitian as my feet abraded with the rocks loose on the street. I lifted my pistol slowly in the air and aimed it at the Haitians back. I pulled the trigger and a bullet stormed into his spine area. The bullet literally knocked him down to the ground, and he landed straight on his face. I ran towards the downed Haitian as he tried to turn his body towards me on the ground. I then stopped at him and pounded my foot onto his stomach. He gasped in pain and lifted his head up screaming. I pulled the pistol up towards his head. The cold barrel was dead-straight on his forehead and I let go of the trigger. The bullet stormed into his head and let out a pile of blood out of the back of his head. That kill made me feel better, but imagine what the others would do for me.

Before getting up again and going after the other two I aimed my pistol towards the 2nd Haitian running. I pulled the trigger three times hoping that they land in him. All three bullets hit him. The first hit his spine; the second hit his shoulder, and the third marked the back of his head. One more was left. He was the one that killed Umberto, and he was the one I wanted to massacre the most. I got up and began to sprint like the flash down the street. The Haitian was almost out of Little Havana and almost in Little Haiti. I got closer to him, but instead of shooting him I had better plans. I was right behind him and I then jumped in mid air and grabbed onto him. He plummeted down onto the ground as I was on his back. I turned him around and gave him 8 hard punches in the head. Bruises and blood marks surfaced on his face. I then took out my pistol and put it under his chin. “You f*cking Haitian. This is what you get for killing Umberto,” I said to him quietly. I pulled the trigger and the bullet stormed through his brain and out of the top of his head. Blood started to spill out of the bullet hole. My heart was pumping fast. The victim and his killer were all dead. Then something extraordinary happened. It started to rain and thunder. The water droplets started to rush all the pain and blood off me. Can you remember the last time it rained after such an event?

Wanted Assailant

Just read your latest chapter and I say it was a good way to twist the story nto a different direction.

With Umberto finally dead, cafe burned down and probably Alberto dead as well, and Claude already has his vengance, what is the story direction now? Will he now work for someone else, visit Vercetti, attend Umberto's funeral, become leader of the Cubans, leaves Vice City, get drunk...

Hell, Auntie Poulet could use some voodoo spells to trick Claude into working for her.

I also love the descriptions you placed in this chapter.

The trailer is also pretty good, and also, nice use of music. I could watch the trailer over and over if I wanted. tounge.gif

Time for uh, unfortunately, but weak, constructive criticism.

"pulled the trigger and a bullet stormed into his spine area." "The bullet stormed into his head..." " I pulled the trigger and the bullet stormed-"

sigh.gif You can see where I'm going with this. Your descriptions are good, but using the repetitive adjectives can make it seem a bit dull when reading. Variate could help.

It's probably me though, as I tend to and dislike using the same adjectives too much.

I started to scream like bloody Mary

Seems kinda awkward here. What does screaming like Bloodly Mary feels, sounds? Some people haven't look their ways into refrences into culture, so like me I just nod it off.

“You f*cking Haitian. This is what you get for killing Umberto,” I said to him quietly.

Just changing this a bit.

"You f*cking Haitian!" I bellowed my anger out. "This is what you get for killing Umberto,” whispering to him coldly.

With a few changes in words and adjectives, it can be more uh.. flow-able. smile.gif

I'm done on my part, so I hope you can write more as I'm drawn into the story.

Thanks. I know i've got to stop that, but i'm glad you enjoyed the twist. I shortened the whole saga so i have to decide what happens next.

But time to correct you!

Just read your latest chapter and I say it was a good way to twist the story nto a different direction.

Where's the "i" in into?

Just read your latest chapter and I say it was a good way to twist the story into a different direction.

I changed the format so no more finding quotes in between big paragraphs. Hopefully the new format works well for the story.

Chapter 28: All Just a Game

Blood was dripping off my coat and draining onto the wet sidewalk. Thunder was roaring so loud that it almost made my ears deaf. The rain was pounding so hard on me and I wanted to collapse on the ground so bad. I was exhausted from killing three Haitians and I just needed some rest before things got worse. Unfortunately it did. I began to cross one of the streets when all of a sudden a police car with sirens on comes around the corner and stops me in my tracks.

“This is the VCPD! Stop! Stop!” the police officer screamed with the radio speakers.

I stopped in my tracks because of my exhaustion and waited for the officer to get out of the car and arrest me. The voice sounded familiar though, and I couldn’t think of anyone off the top of my head. It was so dark, and we outside that I couldn’t see the figure getting out of the car. I was resting on my knees waiting for the police officer to come over to me.

“Hahaha, look who it is. Who would’ve thought a small police call would lead me to you again?” the police officer laughed.

“Who are you?” I asked him as his shadow got closer to me.

“You don’t remember. I guess a simple threat isn’t enough for you?” the police officer said.

“Hmmm, Officer Brooks. I was hoping I would never see you again,” I said to him.

“Sucks for you kid, because in Vice City, there’s no running from the law,” Officer Brooks said.

“Then how come Mr. Vercetti is running the city on his own without any problems?” I asked him in a gritty voice.

“Get your ass in the car before I shoot you,” Officer Brooks said as he grabbed me by the arm and stuck a gun behind my back.

He led me into the police car while the cold rain pounded onto my face. He coughed me and threw me into the back of the car. I eventually got myself to sit up correctly because my freaking hands were tied up. Officer Brooks got into the front of the police car and started to drive. Nobody else was in the car but the both of us. No cars were out on the street in Little Havana. I didn’t know where he was taking me however.

“So what’s your name kid?” Officer Brooks asked me stretching his upper lip with that ugly brown mustache covering it.

“Claude,” I said to him in an angry voice.

“No last name?” Brooks said as he drank his cup of hot coffee.

“No,” I answered back.

“So what are you doing down here? I can tell that you’re from Liberty City, just like I am,” Brooks asked.

“Nothing. I fou…..I mean I went to college in Liberty City and I figured I’d start to make a living down here,” I said to him. I quickly stopped myself from saying I served in the Gulf War. I was never shipped back so they’d think I escaped, and they would arrest me.

“Making a living doing crime?” Brooks asked.

“Why does it concern you? What do you care? Like you said I’m just a kid!” I screamed at him.

“Hahaha, Claude you got a lot to learn. This city was an escape from the pressures of life, but now it’s a f*cking dump for Haitians, Cubans and other Hispanics entering this damn country. You see, it’s all a game Claude, and even what you’re doing now is a game. When you reach the end, there’s no going back. Continue whatever the hell you’re doing, and you’ll get screwed in the end. It happens to every good criminal, and it’ll happen to you,” Brooks said at me.

I didn’t say anything else. Brooks just drove me to the unknown location. I fell asleep on those rough police car seats from exhaustion. The car stopped in front of an apartment. Officer Brooks awoke me.

“Get up kid,” Officer Brooks said to me.

“Huh? Your not throwing me in prison?” I asked him.

“No. Come to the Vice City Police Department tomorrow and come find me. If not then I will arrest you Claude. Now get the f*ck out of my car,” Brooks said.

“Um. Hello! I’m cuffed you asshole!” I screamed at him.

“Hmm, don’t be a schmuck Claude,” Officer Brooks said back to me. He got a key from his pocket and un-cuffed me.

I got out of the car, and then right away Officer Brooks drove off into the darkness of Vice City. I was ready to go lay on my comfortable apartment bed. The only thing stopping me was the fact that he dropped me off in an alleyway! The same alleyway I dumped that dead body for Paulie. The same alleyway me and Officer Brooks first met.

Edited by Carbine23

wow i am truelly inspired by this story you should really think about writing to rockstar about this, whens the next part comming out?

wow i am truelly inspired by this story you should really think about writing to rockstar about this, whens the next part comming out?

Wow i'm flattered blush.gif . I didn't expect this story to be that good. And i'm starting to get back into the mood of writing this story so i'm putting more chapters up now. It's probably because it's a new strand now. Thanks for the support. Here's another chapter, and i'll have another one up tonight hopefully icon14.gif

Note: The Italics are a flashback

Officer Brooks/VCPD Strand

Chapter 29: The Law has my Back

Nothing like sleeping in an alleyway for a few hours in the pouring rain. My clothes smelt like pure sh*t and my eyes were all red from tiredness. I did what Brooks said, so I walked over to the Vice City Police Department in Ocean Beach or around there. People were staring at me from the filthy scent leaving my body. The odor brought a face to every Vice inhabitant. I walked in the V.C.P.D., and went over to the lady at the front desk.

“Um is Mr. Brooks here? Officer Brooks?” I asked the lady as she made a weird face at me.

“Ugh, hold on a second. Let me call him up,” the young sexy woman at the front desk said as she tried to get a hold of him on the phone.

I was standing there, looking at the beautiful rack she carried with her. Boy would I want to f*ck that girl. A cold hand touched my shoulder, and the officer’s ugly voice ran through my ears.

“I wouldn’t think that you would come. You got balls kid. Come to my office,” Brooks said to me.

We walked down the hallway and into the big fancy office he had at the end of it. Nice room I would say. Nice wood desk, a leather chair, loads of rewards up on the wall, pictures of family and souvenirs. Brooks sat down in his chair, ready to talk sh*t with me. He told me to sit down, and I listened to him. He started to smoke a cigar in front of me, puffing the smoke into the air.

“So why are you here Claude?” he asked me.

“Um. I don’t know, you forced me to come!” I yelled at him.

“I was just trying to see if you remembered. So mind telling me where you got that scar?” he asked me.

“What scar?” I asked him because I wasn’t aware.

“The one at the top of your head. You look like Scarface or some sh*t,” he said back to me.

“I owe you one Claude!” a voice stormed into my head. I was imagining the time I was in the Gulf War. I just almost slipped out of the helicopter but my Sergeant saved me. Then my memory fast forward to the time where he died. “We can make it!” he screamed at me. He then fell out of the door. “McCork! No!” I screamed as a piece of the helicopter hit my head and caused my scar. Then my flashback faded.

“Ugh, I got them when I fell off a bike as a kid,” I lied to him.

“Ha, haven’t we all had those days before? Anyway I called you here for a reason. Vice City is becoming corrupt, and drugs are ruining the image of what is supposed me a perfect getaway from the pressures of city life. Now with news of a freaking boat sinking off the coast, and gunshots heard in Little Havana, nobody’s going to want to move or vacation here. You may be a criminal Claude, but you’d be doing good for us. I can see you have potential. Potential at doing the right thing, yet potential at becoming insanely evil. I’m trying to prevent that, and you have to face it Claude. Betrayal is a part of life. You’ll be betraying your boss but working for better people!” he yelled at me.

“How do I know your not corrupt?” I said softly.

“You’ll find out one day,” he said to me holding the cigar in his right hand.

“That doesn’t answer my question,” I said to him in a gritty voice.

“Enough with your bullsh*t. Who do you work for?” he said to me as he stood up from the chair.

“Are you corrupt?” I answered back at him.

“I said who do you work for?” he screamed back at me.

“Are you corrupt!” I screamed back at him.

“I’ll say it once again Claude, who do you work for?” he said in an angry voice as he approached my face.

“Nobody you corrupt fa**ot!” I screamed back at him.

Brooks then took a big swipe at my face with his right hand. I collapsed backwards and fell off my chair. Brooks then got on top of me and held the cigar to my face. Sprinkles from the burning tobacco were melting and burning on my face.

“The law has your back Claude. Now tell me who you work for?” he screamed at me.

Edited by Carbine23

Just back and saying how much I have enjoyed this story, and nice short chapter! BTW in this story will you end up writing after the events of GTA 3 and perhaps make a new story on what happens to him. It would be awesome!

Just back and saying how much I have enjoyed this story, and nice short chapter! BTW in this story will you end up writing after the events of GTA 3 and perhaps make a new story on what happens to him. It would be awesome!

That's exactly what i'm doing. I was going to make Claude go somewhere before he got betrayed but now i'm making that happen after. Keep reading the story. I need more supporters icon14.gif

And it really does make me feel good when you say that i should write this stuff to Rockstar haha biggrin.gif

@GTA Blaze - There's another chapter coming out tonight probably in 2 - 6 hours

Chapter 30: Wild Jungle

“Come on tell me!” Brooks screamed into my face with his saliva.

“I…I can’t tell you! Get off me!” I tried to knock some sense into him.

“You piece of sh*t. Tell me right now or I’ll shove this cigar right through your freaking forehead,” he said at me in a nasty voice.

“Ok, ok! I work…….I work for a guy in Little Haiti. I don’t know his name, but he’s got plenty of followers,” I told him trying to catch my breath.

“Haitians? What would they want with that body you dumped?” Brooks asked me.

“I don’t know. Some guy pissed them off. I’m telling you it’s the truth!” I tried to tell him.

“Well, it’s a wild jungle out there. I suppose anything’s possible. But why did you kill a pair of Haitians the other night?” he asked me.

“They killed my Cuban friend and betrayed my friends. They burnt down the café also on Little Havana,” I told him.

“Come with me,” he told me as he started to walk out the door.

“Where are we going?” I asked him in confusion.

“We’re going for a little drive by. I drive, you shoot those goddamned Haitians,” he told me.

Sounds like fun. Brooks drives and I get to give a little payback to those damn Haitians who killed my new friend Umberto Robino. He was a good person, and although I knew him for a short amount of time, I would’ve been his right hand man. I’m going to rebuild that café, and you know what I’m going to do? I’m going to paint the walls red. Haitian blood red.

“You got the shotgun?” Brooks asked me.

“Yeah. Nothing like a little payback,” I said to him in an exciting mood.

“See your getting used to me. Look behind this brown mustache and you got a good friend,” Brooks said to me.

“Friend? You almost burnt my face with a cigar. And you haven’t answered my question. Are you corrupt?” I told him.

“Hey, hey, keep your little mouth shut ok? I’m not corrupt goddamnit and I’m no criminal cop ok!” Brooks screamed at me.

“Jesus, I didn’t know it was such a personal thing,” I said to him.

“Whatever get your gun pumped. We’re almost in Little Haiti,” he ordered me.

After we got off the Leaf Links Island Bridge we landed in Little Haiti. Brooks started to drive slowly in his police car searching for any purple shirted goons. My shotgun was pumped and ready for action. I was ready to give a new red color to the streets of Little Haiti. We finally found a group of four standing besides a corner. By the way it was open daylight so we can easily see their ugly clothes. Little Haiti had one big street in the middle with a load of houses on the side. This is where all the goons lived and that was our main target. Others hung around the buildings or the junkyard but that was our target to make it more dramatic. Like I said, 4 of them were standing on the corner off the curved street. Brooks began to drive faster and then we finally got closer to them.

“Say hello to Satan for me you no good son of a b*tch!” Brooks screamed to them while he was behind the wheel.

They looked confused to what Brooks just said, but they weren’t so confused when I stuck my big shotgun barrel outside the window. Boom! I shot the nearest one right in the stomach. The bullet tore his whole stomach apart and you could literally see through his body. He flopped back onto the street and was dead in an instance. I then aimed the shotgun quickly at another Haitian and shot him straight in the head. The bullet blew the right side of his head apart. All you could see was a cracked skull and some leftover meat laying on it while the blown off part of his head laid on the street. Brooks was driving when doing this so I was only able to get two goons. The other two started running away. I aimed and shot one of them, but the bullets just missed and hit the street instead.

“Goddamnit. I missed them,” I said to him.

“Don’t worry. You literally blew that son of a b*tch’s head off. Reload your shells,” Brooks told me.

Brooks stopped the car on the next street and waited for me to reload my gun. We were at the housing street where all the goons lived.

“Alright Claude. Get out of the car and walk up to that house across from this street. You can see two goons hanging out on that stoop. Send them to oblivion,” Brooks said to me.

I got out of the car and quickly crossed the street. There were so many poor, ugly houses on this street and it would be embarrassing to live here. After I crossed the street, I went up to the hedges in front of the house. The Haitians were hanging out on a patio in the front. I climbed over the side of the patio and quickly took silent steps towards them. The two of them were talking in their own native tongue. I came up from behind them and stuck a gun up to one of their backs.

“Goodbye you son of a b*tch!” I said quietly.

Boom! A bullet pierced through the guys stomach and his limbs crawled out of his wounds. He collapsed on the stairs and fell to the ground. Blood drops landed on my face and eyes. The other guy turned around at me. I took the shotgun and whacked it across the face. He dropped to the ground next to his dead friend. He was begging for mercy, but I didn’t care. I took the shotgun and placed it into his open mouth. I pulled the trigger and watched the bullet literally blow open the back of his head. Blood leaked from the back of his mouth and all around his body. Brook’s car pulled up. I quickly ran to it and opened the door. All of a sudden two Haitians started shooting at me. The bullets hit the door but I fell down to the ground. I took out my pistol from my pocket and got out of cover. I shot the first bullet at one of their heads. The bullet knocked him dead to the ground. His body flopped and he hit his head on the sidewalk and fell into the gutter. I shot the other guy twice in the legs. He fell down the ground, still alive. I took the shotgun and pumped it while walking over to him. He then grabbed the pistol and aimed it at me. I pulled my shotgun and shot it at him. The bullet shot his crotch off and nothing ever came out of his pistol.

“Come on Claude, let’s get the hell out of here!” Brooks screamed me.

More Haitian started to shoot at me. I ran into the car and quickly closed the door.

“Now damnit! Move the f*cking car!” I screamed.

A Haitian appeared my window. I took the shotgun and shot it at his face. The top part of his head blew off, and the blood splattered all over the police car’s window. Brooks then speeded off while the Haitians kept shooting. He turned around and went the other way, back to the Leaf Links Golf Field.

“You did a damn good job Claude. We finally got back at those f*ckers. Too bad you don’t have to listen to a Haitian boss now,” Brooks said to me.

“Oh yeah, definitely” I said to him.

I didn’t want him to know that I worked for Vercetti so the lie about the Haitians worked. Besides I finally got my full revenge on Umberto. We finally made it to the bridge so we were relieved.

“Claude hold on!” Brooks screamed.

A large object knocked into the back of the car. A Haitian car full of four Haitians bumped into us and started shooting. I took out a shotgun and aimed at the one on the front passenger’s street. I shot two bullets. The first one missed but the second one got him in the neck. Blood started to spill all over the window of the Haitian car.

“Use the pistol, it’s more accurate!” Brooks screamed.

I took out my pistol and aimed it at the driver. I shot the first bullet at him and it missed. He started to duck his head down so he wouldn’t get hit. I shot 4 more bullets at him yet none of them hit him.

“Claude get down!” Brooks screamed at me.

All of a sudden my hand hit a construction poll on the side of the road. The large collision caused me to pull the trigger. The bullet then knocked the driver dead in the head. A large blood splatter appeared on the window, and the car banged into a pole in the middle of the road. Me and Brooks got a way. Brooks was right though. It’s a wild jungle out there. Don’t kill the deer because the lion will get you.

Wow i'm flattered blush.gif . I didn't expect this story to be that good. And i'm starting to get back into the mood of writing this story so i'm putting more chapters up now. It's probably because it's a new strand now. Thanks for the support. Here's another chapter, and i'll have another one up tonight hopefully icon14.gif

That's good! Writing is good for thy soul. That's my motto anyways. biggrin.gif. Just read your two latest chapters and I must say...your writing is extremely good.

It’s a wild jungle out there. Don’t kill the deer because the lion will get you.

That's effing brilliant! Keep up the good work, I want to see what happens next!

...Oh. I'm a fan of you now, Carbine. inlove.gif

It’s a wild jungle out there. Don’t kill the deer because the lion will get you.

That's effing brilliant! Keep up the good work, I want to see what happens next!

...Oh. I'm a fan of you now, Carbine. inlove.gif

Thanks!!!! biggrin.gif

I like that quote too and i might even put it in my signature. I don't think this next chapter is as good as the next one only because it's very hard to describe what's going on. Some chapters will be worse than others only because they're hard to describe, or i'm not so interested in writing them. But they are the only way i can continue this story.

Chapter 31: Believe it or Not

“Hold still Mr. Claude,” the doctor said.

“Ahhh! Goddamnit it hurts!” I screamed.

“What do you expect? You hit your freaking hand against a construction pole when I was going 80 mph,” Brooks said.

“Well maybe if the Haitians weren’t shooting at us, I would’ve noticed!” I screamed back at him.

“Did you guys have a personal experience?” the doctor asked in confusion.

“None of your business. Tell us what’s wrong with this kid’s hand,” Brooks demanded.

“He’s going to be fine, but he did badly bruise his left hand. He won’t be able to use it for a week or two, so I suggest using your right hand most of the time. There’s a glove on the table there and you should put it over your hand to protect it. It’s also fire proof so it won’t burn,” the doctor told us.

“Yes, thank you very much,” Brooks said to the doctor. The doctor then left the room leaving the two of us alone.

“You’re lucky you used your left hand. What the hell would I do with you if your right hand was badly bruised,” Brooks said.

“Hey at least be happy that I didn’t break my hand,” I said to him.

“Well aren’t you special?” Brooks said back.

All of a sudden we heard a window break in another room. Screaming started to appear in the hospital. Brooks told me to get up and put the glove on. We walked into the hallway wondering what was happening. All the hospital people were evacuating the injured. We were standing in the doorway and we didn’t know what the hell was going on. Then out of no where a Molotov came through the window in the room I was resting in before. The Molotov exploded when it hit the ground and started to spread fire in the room.

“Quick close the door!” Brooks screamed.

“What’s going on?” I said.

“Those Haitians must’ve followed us to the hospital. They know we’re here!” Brooks screamed.

“What should we do?” I asked.

“Listen I know you think this is crazy, but you have to help the wounded out of here,” Brooks said to me.

“What? Me? No, I…I can’t!” I said back.

“Do the right thing Claude. I got to help the V.C.F.D. clear this fire out and organize things. Godspeed Claude,” Brooks said as he ran down the hallway.

“Goddamnit,” I whispered to myself.

“Help! Help!” a boy’s voice came from no where.

“Hello?” I said back to him.

The hallway was empty, and the voice of that boy frightened me. Fire was closing in on the hallway, and the heat was burning my head.

“Help me! Help! Somebody save me!” the boy screamed.

“I’m coming. Hold on!” I screamed back.

I ran down the hallway, following that voice of a boy. There was a door into another corridor at the end of the hallway. I opened it up hoping for no flames. A large flame came out of the door as I opened it. I turned my back the other way so I can avoid it. The flame then stopped. The whole ceiling of the other hallway was on fire and was spreading to the walls. The boy’s voice was still screaming. I ran through the hallway as quick as I can. I had to get out of there before that whole corridor was in flames. The voice sounded louder as I got closer to it, but the flames got worse as I continued. I was exhausted, and my clothes were sticking to my skin from the sweat. Black, ugly sweat was crawling down my face. I saw an open door where the voice was coming from, and I ran into it. I stood there seeing a middle-aged heavy man beating a little boy up.

“Hey! Get away from him!” I screamed.

“Don’t tell me what to do you little bastard?” the man said as he turned his head towards me.

“Da….Dad?” I said to him.

“You killed your father Claude. How could you? How could you!” he screamed.

“You bastard! You ruined my childhood; it’s your own damn fault! Get away from that boy!” I screamed at him.

“Believe it or not this is you Claude!” he yelled at me.

“What?” I said in confusion.

The boy lifted his face. It was me as a little child with scars all over my face. I could see the pain in my eyes and all the blood scars from my childhood.

“No! No! Impossible! Get away from me!” I screamed as I took out my pistol.

I aimed it right at my father. I was ready to kill him twice. Then falling debris from the ceiling hit me on the head and I collapsed to the ground.

“Mister, wake up! Wake up sir!” the little boy said.

“What, what happened?” I said to him.

“You were talking to yourself mister,” he said to me.

I opened my eyes and saw the little boys face. It wasn’t my face at all. The room was still on fire, and the boy was crying. I quickly got up, and I grabbed the boy and put him on my back. I left the room quickly. Debris was falling from the ceiling and the flames were spreading like wildfire. I went to the right instead of the way I came from because the whole other side was on fire.

“Don’t be scared we’ll make it out of here!” I screamed to the boy.

We came to a stop at a part of the hallway. There was a 5 foot space of a burnt up floor. The only way we could make it to the other side was to jump.

“Hold on little boy!” I screamed to him while he was crying in fear.

I got back a little and prepared myself for the jump. I breathed carefully and led positive thoughts through my mind. I then used all of my strength and ran for my life. I jumped high over the space. Everything slowed down and I felt like I was flying. Before I knew it my feet hit the other side of the floor and I was safe. There was an emergency door at the end. I ran for my life towards it and opened it up quickly. It led to an alleyway on the streets. I quickly ran out of the alleyway and onto the street escaping the fire. A load of people, fire trucks and police cars were outside the hospital. Brooks was there organizing things, as the wounded were being evacuated. He saw me standing there with the boy on my back. My face was all black from ash, and my whole body was wet. I was in hell once in a dream, if you recall that memory I told you. I recall the moments I was abused by my father. I recall the moment I killed him. I recall the moment I killed that priest. I learned one thing out of this mess. Stay away from hospitals on fire. When a hospital is up in flames, the ghosts of your pasts haunt you just like they used to in real life. Allusions aren’t real, but the memories of them are.

There’s a glove on the table there and you should put it over your hand to protect it. It’s also fire proof so it won’t burn

I knew that was foreshadowing the fire, somehow. Anyways, I like to see that Claude has a heart and decided the save the little boy. I also found my self going, "Wtf?" when he saw the man beating up the little boy. All an illusion. Jeez. Claude's ghosts are coming back to haunt him. Sweet! smile.gif

There’s a glove on the table there and you should put it over your hand to protect it. It’s also fire proof so it won’t burn

I knew that was foreshadowing the fire, somehow. Anyways, I like to see that Claude has a heart and decided the save the little boy. I also found my self going, "Wtf?" when he saw the man beating up the little boy. All an illusion. Jeez. Claude's ghosts are coming back to haunt him. Sweet! smile.gif

Yes that was a foreshadow. Those ghost aren't really ghosts though. Claude still thinks about his past a lot so he often gets allusions of them. Like when he was being interrogated by brooks, he had a flashback of when he was invading the Iraqi Border in the beginning of Part 2. Pretty soon he is going to leave his whole past behind and that's when he becomes that cold-blooded killer we all loved in GTA3. Another chapter hopefully coming out tonight

Yes that was a foreshadow. Those ghost aren't really ghosts though. Claude still thinks about his past a lot so he often gets allusions of them. Like when he was being interrogated by brooks, he had a flashback of when he was invading the Iraqi Border in the beginning of Part 2. Pretty soon he is going to leave his whole past behind and that's when he becomes that cold-blooded killer we all loved in GTA3. Another chapter hopefully coming out tonight

Aaah. I can't wait to see the chapter where he throws his past aside. But anyhow, you're coming on strong. Very entertaining chapters, and nice quality also. Keep doin' your thang'. cookie.gif

Another two great chapters i dont know why this guy does not get the credit he deserves... Anyway I had to keep reading the illusination about Claude seeing his dad again I was confused but a great idea none the less. Keep writing dude! cookie.gif

I enjoyed this yet again, you're really talented writer. I found it weird that he fell asleep during a fire though, first thing i would do is get the hell out.

cookie.gif

He wasn't falling asleep. A piece of material from the ceiling fell onto his head and knocked him out for like 1 minute.

@Rugby - That's how i felt in the beginning because this story wasn't getting enough attention, but i'm getting a lot more fans now, so the numbers are growing.

Hopefully a new chapter tonight.

Chapter 32: Into a Dark Sleep

“Jesus Claude, you got balls. Big balls man. You saved one but you almost killed yourself doing it,” Brooks said to me as we both sat down in his office later that evening.

“Well I did the right thing like you said. I never want to be in a burning place ever again,” I said with a straight face.

“Claude sometimes you have to face your fears,” Brooks told me.

“Yeah definitely,” I stuttered a bit to him.

“Are you ok boy? Something seems to be wrong with you,” Brooks said to me.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about it,” I said to him.

“No I think something’s bugging you…” Brooks said as he stood up from his seat.

“Listen! You told me it was none of my business about the corrupt stuff! So it’s none of your business about what I experienced in there. Got it?” I screamed at him.

“What goes around comes around, like they say in the books, huh? Brooks said.

“Yeah,” I said back with a grin.

“You need time alone kid?” Brooks asked me.

“Yeah,” I said back.

Brooks left the room without saying another word. I couldn’t tell that cop that I saw my father who’s been dead for a number of years. They’d call me crazy if I said that. I just needed some rest, that’s all. I laid my head back against the leather chair, and closed my eyes. My sights turned to darkness, and I fell into a dark sleep.

“Claude!” a voice came from nowhere.

“Who is that? Show yourself!” I screamed in the middle of a black room.

“You tried to kill me twice didn’t you?” the voice said.

“Stop invading my mind. Stop it! Leave me alone!” I screamed while holding my head.

“Over my f*cking body,” the voice said as he came closer to me.

“Get away from me dad, you sick son of a b*tch. I should’ve killed you a long time ago! I should’ve! You’ll regret the day you were born you bastard!” I screamed at him.

“Shut up you little prick! You know what? You seem tired? You seem lonely? You seem scared!” my father said as he took out a knife.

“No! Stop it! Get away from me!” I screamed.

“Let he who be slain by the sword, sent to the fiery pits!” my father screamed as he raised his knife.

I then felt a pistol in my pocket. I took it out quickly and aimed it at the bastard. I pulled the trigger. The bullet rushed straight into his head. The whole top of his head exploded and blood spurted everywhere. Then the black room started to open up from the bottom. The floor cracked beneath us. Below the floor was a huge pillar of flames and demons walking around. I started to scream as me and my dead father fell into the pits. I was about to hit the flames, in a dream I thought would never end.

“Claude wake up!” Brooks screamed to me.

“What? What happened?” I said as I woke up from my dream.

“The freaking Haitians know you’re not dead. There’s a huge gun fight going on in the parking lot!” Brooks said to me.

Brooks walked over to the cabinet on the other side of the room and opened it up. In there were a load of weapons. He took one M16 and handed me another one. We heard Haitians coming down the hallway.

“Claude get behind the desk. Fire at them with a grenade launcher right when they come through that door,” Brooks ordered me.

We stood behind the desk waiting for the demons to come get us. We heard them picking the lock on the door. My finger was on the trigger, waiting to blow up the bastards. The picking stopped, and the knob was turning. The Haitian quickly opened the door, but he wasn’t fast enough. I pulled the trigger and watched the grenade go across the room. It hit the floor of the Haitian and blew him and two other people up. There limbs lay on the floor, and the blood splattered on the walls.

“Holy sh*t?” Brooks said.

“Get used to it,” I said to him.

We went around the desk and kept caution as we didn’t know if Haitians were lurking in the small police department. We went into the hallway and looked on both ends. No Haitians were seen in sight except for the bloody mess we caused.

“You really think they thought that they could take down a whole police department with such a small crew?” I asked him.

“Anything’s possible. Who knows what that voodoo sh*t caused them to do,” Brooks said.

“Voodoo?” I said in confusion.

“Don’t ask,” Brooks said.

We went into the main lobby of the police department, and there were no Haitians in there. Only a few dead bodies and people hiding below their desks. There were still gunshots in the parking lot. Me and Brooks laid low and went through the glass doors. We quickly ran over to a pair of cops hiding behind one of many cop cars in the parking lot.

“Eddy, thank god you’re here!” the officer said.

“Call me Brooks you schmuck,” Brooks said to him.

“We have three police casualties and 4 on them. There’s 5 of them still left though!” the officer said.

“Claude, you see that car over there! Blow it!”

I stood up and aimed my M16 at the car. It was a beautiful, polished police car ready to be blown to hell. I pulled the trigger and watched the grenade fly through the air, towards the two Haitians near the car. The grenade hit the car and it exploded into the air. The limbs of the Haitians tore to pieces.

“Good one Claude!” Brooks screamed.

Then I did something crazy. Something brave yet crazy. I ran away from the officers and into the middle of the gunfire.

“Claude, where are you going? What are you doing you crazy son of a b*tch?” Brooks screamed.

I just kept running. All the bullets were missing me and tearing portions of my shirt but none of them hit me. I was close to the Haitians and they stopped shooting. There guns jammed up and they couldn’t help but look at me. There were three Haitians in the area I was staring at. When I came close to the first one, I took the butt of the rifle and knocked it straight in his face three times. The third time, I heard his nose crack. Then I stock the gun barrel in his mouth and shot a bullet into the back of his throat. The back of his head blew open and blood leaked out of his throat. He fell back and hit his body against the ground. The second Haitian finally got his gun loaded but he couldn’t shoot me at all. A number of bullets tore his face apart and blood splattered everywhere onto the ground. I think even his eyeballs blew up. The third Haitian got scared, and I mean really scared. He dropped his gun and started running towards his car outside the parking lot. I didn’t have time for another car chase so I politely without further or do, shot him straight in the back with as many bullets as can. His whole back was filled with big red holes jolted into his back. He fell to the ground dead, flat on his face. It was over. I don’t think the Haitians were ever going to attack us again. I don’t think they realize who I am? I’m Claude! I fought in the army, killed my parents, killed a priest, survived a hospital fire and escaped from a sinking boat. I’ve done it all, and there’s plenty more to be done.

Violent...

I likes. Great chapter. Claude is going way out of control and crazy. I wonder what crazy sh*t he'll do next.