gta lack of interactivity

the hooch

hello any one think gta 4 should of been more interactive here is my list of thing that seem so small and usless but if added would make you say ahh look at that thats good isnt it just bring the game to life.

when you knock into a sweeper or someone with an umbrella they drop there item and walk off they should at least react the book says they are no nonsence poeple i wouldnt just walk a way and stop what im doing and you really should bee able to pick up the broom/umbrella and be able to swing it at least.

the police when they arrest someone i have seen them put them in a car but they drove aimlessly (i was board and followd them) they drove towards the prison but decided to turn round and end up no were like a thick robot would it that difficult to see the car enter any place to do with the law then never see it again at least it feel like they have some sort of aim.

also when cant you hold up stors no more that goes right back to vice city whos idea is it to take out things that add to the game.

wepons were lacking they said the game was srtiped to suit niko, now if any character suited a meat cleaver or a screw driver it is niko down to the core.

my rant is over for now but gta let me down to many times cause i just expeded it to have some aspects of it pre decesers that added life and iteractivity to them some times it seems vice city and gta sa were more interactive but it was a pretty game cant fault them on looks just if these small thing were in the game it for me may of been perfect im not asking for much with these ideas so what do you think people of gta forum.

I totally almost agree.

Knocking bags or a mobile phone out of someones hands..yeah.. let me leave it on the floor. Clever.

Can't say ive followed the police when they've aressted someone, but due to lack of not being able to go into police stations, that could be a reason they just drive around.

And the weapons, totally, they need more added. But hey what can you do smile.gif

But to say GTA let you down, well maybe you expected too much from the game, I mean its the first game of a new Series, we hope. And with it hopefully being a series, things are only gonna be better.

And you cant forget DLC.

That actually is a pretty poor AI routine they used for that stuff.

Especially like, say, the saxophone players. Bump into him, he just drops his sax and walks away.

Lame.

That actually is a pretty poor AI routine they used for that stuff.

Especially like, say, the saxophone players. Bump into him, he just drops his sax and walks away.

Lame.

Yeah, I paid the guy for playing, bumped into him and he walked away

So I killed him smile.gif

I am going to have to disagree with you on pretty much all your points...

when you knock into a sweeper or someone with an umbrella they drop there item and walk off they should at least react the book says they are no nonsence poeple i wouldnt just walk a way and stop what im doing and you really should bee able to pick up the broom/umbrella and be able to swing it at least. - For the most part they are no nonsense people but not everyone in the city is, the lonely sweeper guy is just trying to do his job, I am sure he knows if he tries to pick up his broom he is going to get smoked, same with the people holding the umbrellas, I do agree however that we should be able to pick those items up and at least throw them back at them or something.

the police when they arrest someone i have seen them put them in a car but they drove aimlessly (i was board and followd them) they drove towards the prison but decided to turn round and end up no were like a thick robot would it that difficult to see the car enter any place to do with the law then never see it again at least it feel like they have some sort of aim. - I think the fact that they even come out and arrest people in the first place should be enough for now, I mean for all you SA and VC lovers this stuff didnt happen in those games.

also when cant you hold up stors no more that goes right back to vice city whos idea is it to take out things that add to the game. - You can hold stores up, i have held up the Laundermat and you can also hold people up that are at the ATM.

wepons were lacking they said the game was srtiped to suit niko, now if any character suited a meat cleaver or a screw driver it is niko down to the core. - Maybe just me but i never used these anyway so i havent missed them, but i do agree that the Meat Cleaver would fit Niko very well...

If you'd like to spend years knee-deep in coding, by all means volunteer.

The reason superficial things that you're describing aren't in the game is because they aren't NESSCESSARY. Overall, they don't detract from the game enough for them to be important and as a result, they don't bother wasting money and time to code them into the game, test them, change them and code them some more.

The fact is that they started GTA IV with a relatively clean slate. GTA III, VC and SA were all essentially carbon copies of each other with little changes made to improve looks and playability.

GTA IV is, as many people have stated before, a starting point from which Rockstar can build upon and eventually have all the minor details that people seem so desperate for. (Fingerless gloves! Dear God the game doesn't have fingerless gloves! Fail!)

Originally before the game was released they stated that nico would had have to manage his funds at an atm which i thought was great instead of carrying 500+ thousand in your pocket and also they stated that if your arrested you would do a short stay in prison pfff.

A little more interaction would of been welcomed. Remember reading a previewer whitnessed Niko bump into a muscly guy holding a bag of groceries. He dropped the bag, but stated to pick them up off of the ground. Don't know what happened to this.

thank you for responding i see now that gta 4 is the first game on next gen so they took out some fun so they have things to put in the next one just dont understand why reviewers were so amazed buy the city i noticed its weakneses fairly quick next gta is going to be THE ONE

They promoted the game as being much more in depth with more interaction, and I think everyone just got their hopes too high.

themorbiddead

guys we have to bear in mind that on the coding side of things and other various interactive features that rockstar have put in for now they are only id say a test as to what they can actually fully do, like interacting with peds like knocking them and picking up the things they drop etc

id say the DLC whenever it comes out like rockstar said it would be like vice city and san andreas is to 3, maybe here we'll see the addition of a little more interaction between niko and the other A.I in the game

my guess is that rockstar have worked there as*ses off to give us such a great game and we shoudl appreciate it for what its worth and wait for them to finish the series etc when have they ever let us down, and for all you people out there moaning about the crappy san andreas, wtf was up with that game a gangster who used a f*ckling jet pack etc give me a break least niko and claude and tommy were realistic characters in the series CJ was the worlds worst and the storyline was terrible

SA_FUGITIVE

On a construction site, I bumped a sledgehammer, and a pick out of guys hands, but couldnt pick them up. confused.gif what fun those items could be!

but you can bump n pickup peoples cigarettes, coffee, phone, hotdog.

themorbiddead

nah niko doesnt actually smoke you can just hold the cigarette after someone has dropped it and think its kool lol haha

LOL ok i was just wondering, realy whats the point in that lol can you atleast burn someone with it sigh.gif

themorbiddead
LOL ok i was just wondering, realy whats the point in that lol can you atleast burn someone with it sigh.gif

sadly enough no its quite a silly addition lol but oh well we can imagine burning someone with it haha

LOL ok i was just wondering, realy whats the point in that lol can you atleast burn someone with it  sigh.gif

sadly enough no its quite a silly addition lol but oh well we can imagine burning someone with it haha

Lol! yeah we can just imagine to burn random peds biggrin.gif

i just thought of something most phone numbers dont do any thing in my experience i may be wrong but saints row all numbers advitised did something at least why put them there i would rather them not be there, than be there but not work also gta 4s gps system not as clear than saints row and the websites ok there is 100 of them but you cant buy nothing advitised id prefere 5 fully interacable websites that let you get what they offer some furnature would have been good

that would've taken years of development. we'd be getting a highly-interactive gta4 in 2012.

What I find in this game is a whole lot of smoke and mirrors, polished to an absolutely stunning shine, while some of the great interactive features of previous games were completely left out.

As I said in another thread, from any other company GTA4 would be worth tons of praise and cheer. But R* already has a history of excellence, and though this game still raises the bar for other companies, they've not really outdone themselves.

what is dlc i get the fact it is gta 5 but what does it stand for

dlc: down loadable content

thank you for telling me what dlc means and the other guy your right it is a good game but they havent out done themselves good choice of words that sums it up nicely

hello any one think gta 4 should of been more interactive here is my list of thing that seem so small and usless but if added would make you say ahh look at that thats good isnt it just bring the game to life.

when you knock into a sweeper or someone with an umbrella they drop there item and walk off they should at least react the book says they are no nonsence poeple i wouldnt just walk a way and stop what im doing and you really should bee able to pick up the broom/umbrella and be able to swing it at least.

the police when they arrest someone i have seen them put them in a car but they drove aimlessly (i was board and followd them) they drove towards the prison but decided to turn round and end up no were like a thick robot would it that difficult to see the car enter any place to do with the law then never see it again at least it feel like they have some sort of aim.

also when cant you hold up stors no more that goes right back to vice city whos idea is it to take out things that add to the game.

wepons were lacking they said the game was srtiped to suit niko, now if any character suited a meat cleaver or a screw driver it is niko down to the core.

my rant is over for now but gta let me down to many times cause i just expeded it to have some aspects of it pre decesers that added life and iteractivity to them some times it seems vice city and gta sa were more interactive but it was a pretty game cant fault them on looks just if these small thing were in the game it for me may of been perfect im not asking for much with these ideas so what do you think people of gta forum.

All im going to say is learn how to type proper english. Unless you are 5 years old there is no excuse for writing this bad. i could barely read it.