respawn protection

vettefan88

vettefan88

why is it that somebody that spawns can kill you but you can't kill them for a few seconds?

they need to change that. I'm tired of having to literally run away from somebody that spawns near me because they're invincible but their weapons are still as effective.

I think that somebody should still be protected after they spawn but they should NOT be able to kill anybody while in the protected state.

and I know I'm not the only person that feels this way.

most of the talk in deathmatches I've been in recently have all focused on the people getting wrongful kills on people only due to that fact that they spawned next to them.

leaving the other person helpless.

how does everyone else feel on this matter?

I really think an update needs to be made asap to change it around.

it downright gives the other person a huge advantage after dying.

I agree totally. To the point where I'll join and play in any TDM I find even against sh*tty odds - with one exception. If the respawn distance is set to near, I'll find a new game. Any other rules the host sets (AA/weapons/etc) I'll play along with.

It's horrible. Just because you managed to off that person, they get a free kill. I've had people use it against me so many times - I'm walking around killing people and they're getting frustrated, so they sacrifice themselves to respawn-kill me, making me lose my guns. Then, of course, all of them walk right over to me when I spawn and proceed to kill me over and over with their numbers...

It's one of the main frustrations I have. Another one is having a sh*tty team and losing the game because of it. Even if you make $3000 in a TDM, it doesn't mean sh*t if the 4 players on the other team get $1000 in farmed kills off your crappy $100 and $200 team mates. And then they get pissed because I'm doing better than them so they start to run me over. So f*cking annoying. It seems to happen to me more often than not. I can't see their ranks, either, because my screen's too f*cking small to read the rank in the little gray thing. /rant

But yeah. Respawn shields need to be revamped.

vettefan88

if I respawn directly behind someone I'll either wait for them to get their kill if they're currently shooting someone, wait for them to atleast notice me, wait until they start shooting at me, or wait until the shield is gone until I go after them if they haven't noticed me yet.

and I usually ignore games with the respawn set to near.

nothing more aggravating than having the person you just killed spawn behind you invincible.

ZombiePanties

I see the respawn shield as a good solution to spawn camping. Unfortunately, in modes like GTA Race, the guy respawning still doesn't have time to get away.

I think a nice solution would be to make the spawn shield a little longer, but go away if the person fires his weapon.

vettefan88
I see the respawn shield as a good solution to spawn camping. Unfortunately, in modes like GTA Race, the guy respawning still doesn't have time to get away.

I think a nice solution would be to make the spawn shield a little longer, but go away if the person fires his weapon.

well, in deathmatches spawns are random.

but they near the action.

and unfortunately near the action means right behind someone else in most cases.

I think a simple solution would be the person that spawned is protected, but during that protected time they are unable to kill anybody.

they can fire their weapons, but the bullets won't have any effect on the other players.

until the shield wears off.

ZombiePanties

well, in deathmatches spawns are random.

but they near the action.

and unfortunately near the action means right behind someone else in most cases.

I'm level 6 right now and in most cases, the spawns aren't right behind a person. At least one of them has to run to the other person to get within a good range.

vettefan88

I was just in a match a few minutes ago on bohan.

and it was happening everywhere.

one of the most notable ones was, I was just going about my business on a pretty decent streak and then, 2 people spawn next to me.

one on each side.

I had to stop, and try to run away from them.

it was no use, I was killed instantly.

stuff like that shouldn't have to happen.

if you have a full 16 player game on happiness island chances are you're going to spawn right next to someone else when you die.

and happiness island is the only location that has a static spawn location on it, and that's the one on that small dock with the armor.

ZombiePanties

one of the most notable ones was, I was just going about my business on a pretty decent streak and then, 2 people spawn next to me.

one on each side.

if you have a full 16 player game on happiness island chances are you're going to spawn right next to someone else when you die.

and happiness island is the only location that has a static spawn location on it, and that's the one on that small dock with the armor.

While that sucks, the smallest place to play a game is happiness Island and the max players are 16. Go to a larger area.

vettefan88

one on each side.

While that sucks, the smallest place to play a game is happiness Island and the max players are 16. Go to a larger area.

yeah, but why should we have to sacrifice where we want to play because of a ridiculous protective shield that makes a respawn invincible for 5 seconds?

it's easy to fix it, and would remove a lot of frustration from the game.

they just need to make it so that a new spawn can't kill you while under the shield.

atleast it's fair that way.

also, the smaller the area, the more fun it is.

ZombiePanties

one on each side.

yeah, but why should we have to sacrifice where we want to play because of a ridiculous protective shield that makes a respawn invincible for 5 seconds?

it's easy to fix it, and would remove a lot of frustration from the game.

they just need to make it so that a new spawn can't kill you while under the shield.

atleast it's fair that way.

also, the smaller the area, the more fun it is.

Because smaller places were made for smaller amounts of people. I didn't think I needed to spell that out. Go to a larger area. they are made for more people. Don't go for the smallest place, use the biggest amount of people, and then complain that it is too small.

SuperJude™

I've done okay with this even on Happiness Island, though it does get old when you have them dead to rights with the headshot and they get the cheap kill. As always, crouching/cover system/headshots work really well. Still amazed some people are unaware of this. I had somebody accuse me of cheating because I killed him 4 or 5 times and all I was doing was aiming for his head with the AK biggrin.gif

vettefan88

wait... when the hell did I complain that it is too small?

seriously, read my post.

I CLEARLY said that the smaller the area the better.

and the more people the better.

this is not about the people being in small areas.

it's about somebody being completely invincible for 5 seconds after they respawn.

and still being able to kill you.

I don't know how you changed it to be about people and area size, but that's beside the point completely

because even if you played with 2 people on the whole map, the person that respawns will still be invincible.

adn whether they can kill you or not doesn't matter.

that advantage shouldn't be in the game.

and smaller places weren't made for smaller groups.

nothing is more fun than a full 16 player game on happiness island.

play with 5 people on there and tell me how much "fun" you had running across the island to get to someone.

now, if you don't even have anything to contribute ot the actual discussion that was supposed to happen on the respawn shield, then don't even say anything.

you're not even understanding the point of this, OBVIOUSLY, and I wouldn't be suprised if you're one of those people who uses the shield as an advantage in a game.

ZombiePanties

seriously, read my post.

it's about somebody being completely invincible for 5 seconds after they respawn.

I don't know how you changed it to be about people and area size, but that's beside the point completely

because even if you played with 2 people on the whole map, the person that respawns will still be invincible.

play with 5 people on there and tell me how much "fun" you had running across the island to get to someone.

now, if you don't even have anything to contribute ot the actual discussion that was supposed to happen on the respawn shield, then don't even say anything.

you're not even understanding the point of this, OBVIOUSLY, and I wouldn't be suprised if you're one of those people who uses the shield as an advantage in a game.

because in larger places this doesn't happen. They spawn right next to you because you are in the smallest place with the max amount of people.

SuperJude™

I wish people could just solve their problems the right way, a 1 vs 1 deathmatch that gets put up on youtube to shame the loser devil.gif

I like Happiness Island. One of my favourite places for a Deathmatch.

RGC Church

I ADMIT i only do this on Free-mode but wtf is free-mode? it wont effect money or stuff like that, and i mostly play it with my frees with ff switched to off

but ive never really had this happen, ive had a guy with a RPG on my own team blast me into them but thats about it

also - this is off topic but i think you should be able to send the other ppl texts and stuff via msn keyboard

Every once in a while a deathmatch with 16 people in a small area like Happiness Island and Charge Island are fun, you know kill 1-2-3 people and then you get capped yourself (as long as its not like a half hour game). But after a while it gets boring an repetative. But besides that its frustrating to get killed by someone and spawn a half block away from em, you just stand there defenseless while they shoot you in the head.

I wish people could just solve their problems the right way, a 1 vs 1 deathmatch that gets put up on youtube to shame the loser devil.gif

I'm 100% up to this. I've solved 2 disputes this way.

vettefan88

seriously, read my post.

because in larger places this doesn't happen. They spawn right next to you because you are in the smallest place with the max amount of people.

you know nothing of the game.

this is obvious.

the spawn you in the action, and if the spawn limit is set to near, they will get spawned near where they died.

it it's set to medium they'll be put a bock away.

the chances of somebody being at one of those spots in a full game is very good, and the chances of that guy getting killed because of it are good.

playing a large area doesn't mean you'll get spawned across the island, or away from anybody.

play on the full map, everybody is spawned on star junction.

map size has nothing to do with it.

I'm with vettefan88; people spawn close to you regardless of map size. It tries to cluster you together with your team in TDM, but in free mode or a regular DM I've noticed you really just spawn randomly in the action.

Blackop_elite

I don't mind it being their because even when you set the spawn to far it really is not that far from you so after you kill someone they will appear way to close to you anyway to kill you. This helps with some dude not sitting their with a AK just waiting for you to spawn. So I don't seem to mind it.

vettefan88
I don't mind it being their because even when you set the spawn to far it really is not that far from you so after you kill someone they will appear way to close to you anyway to kill you. This helps with some dude not sitting their with a AK just waiting for you to spawn. So I don't seem to mind it.

spawns are random though.

there is no static location.

the locations change with the action. to random spots around the people.

Durka Durka Mahn

Yeah it's rather stupid...I could see aiming..but shooting is just stupid. It makes it too hard for people trying to get away from a large fight when people are spawning left and right and you can't protect yourself.