Manual Shift

Fuel_81

Just wondering if anyone had figured this out besides me.

Just after I had bought the game I was playing around with the throtle control (R2). When you floor the car [most usualy in 1st gear going to 2nd, and sometimes 2nd to 3rd] there is a tendancy for the transmission to shift slower than it takes for the engine to hit the rev limiter, therefor the engine tachs out and acceleration is lost. Manualy shifting seems able to be executed from middle rev (i.e. probably 3500 rpm) to top rev (6 or 7 grand rpm [ofcourse no one knows for sure sad.gif ])

Can't remember if the limiter happens more on a downcline or upcline; thinking it's a downcline - and seems some cars have better transmissions and ofcourse, say, Romans hunk of junk revs out easily. Anyhow, I started letting off the gas fully and getting back on noticing the tranny had shifted up. I find myself shifting all the time now biggrin.gif Funny thing is most of the automatics I've ever driven can be shifted with the gas peddal - good work R*.

Has anyone caught this?

Edited by Fuel_81

Letting off the gas at top gear and putting it back down makes the sound of the gears shifting up again for some reason. It's almost like every car has an infinite number of gears. I've noticed this since GTA3.

makiaveli777
Just wondering if anyone had figured this out besides me.

Just after I had bought the game I was playing around with the throtle control (R2). When you floor the car [most usualy in 1st gear going to 2nd, and sometimes 2nd to 3rd] there is a tendancy for the transmission to shift slower than it takes for the engine to hit the rev limiter, therefor the engine tachs out and acceleration is lost. This seems to be able to be executed from middle rev (i.e. probably 3500 rpm) to top rev (6 or 7 grand rpm [ofcourse no one knows for sure sad.gif ])

Can't remember if this happens more on a downcline or upcline; thinking it's a downcline. Anyhow, I started letting off the gas fully and getting back on noticing the tranny had shifted up. I find myself shifting all the time now biggrin.gif Funny thing is most of the automatics I've ever driven can be shifted with the gas peddal - good work R*.

Has anyone caught this?

i didnt really understand half of your post, but it would be nice if you could shift with the gas peddal. nice find icon14.gif

user posted image

Letting off the gas at top gear and putting it back down makes the sound of the gears shifting up again for some reason. It's almost like every car has an infinite number of gears. I've noticed this since GTA3.

I noticed that throughout the GTA3 engine (III/VC/SA).

Seems that they have fixed that with 4's game engine - I've never counted anymore than 6 gears on high end cars and most of them are equipt with 4 - 5 gears. It could be that your letting off the gas enough for the car to shift down making you think that theres more gears than there are. I've tried at least half of them from 0mph to flat out at the airport (got a lot of time on my hands wink.gif )

SA's bikes were so rediculous biggrin.gif Glad thats fixed.

33stradale

I noticed that throughout the GTA3 engine (III/VC/SA).

Seems that they have fixed that with 4's game engine - I've never counted anymore than 6 gears on high end cars and most of them are equipt with 4 - 5 gears. It could be that your letting off the gas enough for the car to shift down making you think that theres more gears than there are. I've tried at least half of them from 0mph to flat out at the airport (got a lot of time on my hands wink.gif )

SA's bikes were so rediculous biggrin.gif Glad thats fixed.

bike dynamics are improved, but niko motions are les realistic than the VC and SA, and you do not fall off when you crash which is unrealistic because you just do in reaal life (happened to me) also every time he gets off and back on there's a motion glitch as he tries to lift it up, sorta wierd

ive always noticed this and often use it in SA because i cant stand the sound of a bouncing needle. With speedometers on in different SAMP servers ive found you dont gain anymore speed once your at the fastest point. It sounds like you shift gears, when you let off you drop 2,3 MPH, then as you keep going you gain them back and get back to a speed standstill.