Brothers in Arms Hells Highway

Carbine23

Brothers in Arms Hells Highway

user posted image

The highest rated WW2 game is returning and will be available on the PC, PS3, and Xbox360 and will be released hopefully in August of 2008 after many delays. The story is not set in Normandy like the last two and will be set in Holland during WW2 where the Americans and British tried to lead tanks down a road into Germany where they were hoping to end the war by Christmas. Unfortunately the Germans counterattacked and the plan failed. You play as Sgt. Baker and you will lead your squad through Holland against the Germans.

Here are a few trailers/gameplay/interviews:

Now i know a lot of you are saying "oh it's another ww2 game, it's going to suck!" It won't suck because

A. Brothers in Arms has a storyline to it

B. You can control your own squad

C. It's a pretty hard game

D. It's the bloodiest WW2 game and it's rated M

Here are a few facts about the game.

1. If you get a headshot, grenade kill etc, the gameplay switches to slow motion so you get a cool view of the shot. It won't happen too much though so it won't interrupt the gameplay a lot.

2. There are blood and language filters

3. You can control an RPG or machine gun squad

4. You will often see flashbacks of the other games

5. In multiplayer you can also control your squad

6. You will often have moments where you will see your fellow squad mates die, and the moment is set at a certain mood in order for you to feel sorrow or a bond between the men

7. Characters from the previous games are obviously returning

8. The graphics are better

9. The A.I. is improved over the last games

10. You have a full body like in halo, so you can see your legs moving especially when you hop over fences

11. You will have to use clues and observations in order to find your objective. Ex. If you have to take out a flak gun squad, you have to look at the puffs in the sky in order to find the location

12. You have different choices to approach an objective.

13. Some environmental obejcts like picket fences are destructable.

14. The game is hard, so running and gunning is dumb because you will easily die. You have to use stelath and military tactics to complete and objective

Fun Fact:

Brothers in Arms is actually used by the military because of the squad tactics, and i also heard that some schools show it off so kids can be more interested in learning something since they're showing it through technology(don't know if thats true though)

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Screen 4

Screen 5

Screen 6

Screen 7

Edited by Carbine23

Ronmar The Only

The first Brothers in Arms was probably one of the best WW2 games I have ever played, personally. I know there are better shooters in terms of mechanics and such, but Brothers in Arms was just amazing.

Never really played the second one. I am planning on buying up both for my collection of what I consider great games.

MindCorrupt

The last BIA games kicked my arse. Not easy games at all. Will definantly be buying this, should be interesting how they improve on the last ones. Especially with the AI, im not looking foward to having my head blown off and my team mangled by some too smart for their own good germans. But im sure it will be fun none the less lol

I was hoping this one would be a bit grittier. IE gibbing and a little more realistic violence now that they have consoles that could properly render it and not have it look cheesey.

james_root
i was pumped out for this last year i even opened a topic at gtaf but after delays since 2006 i am not realling looking forward to it right now sad.gif

i was pumped out for this last year i even opened a topic at gtaf but after delays since 2006 i am not realling looking forward to it right now sad.gif

Yeah its been delayed a lot, but that's because they said that they wanted an ultimate WW2 Brothers in Arms experience then a glitchy one. So it's for the better. And i wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again. I wouldn't mind too much, only because i'm getting 2 other games. Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty 5 (only if it sticks to its November release but i read up that Treyarch moved it to February 2009)

I might have to check this out if simply for the novelty of being able to shoot someone's fingers off.

• 1 month later...

BUMP!

i am so psyched for this game, not that long now. I only played the 2nd BiA, and it was really good, pretty challenging aswell.

Hell Highway just look so cinematic, especially in the trailers. This would be a good war film if they made it.

The vioilence looks pretty good, not OTT like Gears of War, but realistic. I know that we wont be able to blow peoples fingers off in gameplay, but it still looks awesome.

BTW i heard it was either 1st August or 26th August, which date is it?

Thank goodness a developer is still making WWII games, CoD should have stayed with WWII, there needs to be a console version of the Battle of Berlin! icon14.gif

Developer Diary, sounds like a nice twist for the story, because we actually lose this particular battle instead of being victorious like every other WW2 games. Its not like other games where you win the whole war etc, it takes place in a matter of days.

Looks really good, cant wait.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zloEj9ibV0I

Some good old destructable cover smile.gif

Thank goodness a developer is still making WWII games, CoD should have stayed with WWII, there needs to be a console version of the Battle of Berlin! icon14.gif

Are you blind? lol

The next Call of Duty is Call of Duty: World at War. It takes place in WW2 in the pacific and the Russians advance on the Battle of Berlin

@Hart

There was a video where a bazooka squad shot some sandbags and there were Germans behind them. One of the German's body blew in half biggrin.gif

And it was NOT a cutscene.

Lethal Nizzle

I've been waiting for this since it was first mentioned. Seriously pumped for it. icon14.gif

There was a video where a bazooka squad shot some sandbags and there were Germans behind them. One of the German's body blew in half biggrin.gif

NO. There is no damage like that in BIA. No gibbing. No blowing in half. No heads blowing apart. You did not see what was going on correctly. Unfortunatly the level of violence in this will be equal to COD4. Dont get me wrong I love COD4 but this will not be any more gritty or violent then the COD franchise. IE if you throw a grenade at the foot of a german soldier all that will happen is a flying German. I was hoping it was going to be different.

Thank goodness a developer is still making WWII games, CoD should have stayed with WWII, there needs to be a console version of the Battle of Berlin!  icon14.gif

Are you blind? lol

The next Call of Duty is Call of Duty: World at War. It takes place in WW2 in the pacific and the Russians advance on the Battle of Berlin

@Hart

Havent looked at it at all, once CoD moved to 'Modern Warfare' that was the end for me.

This would be a good war film if they made it.

A Bridge too Far. Just downloaded it in HD. Neat. It's about Market Garden, the largest airborne operation every. All star cast, Sean Connery, James Caan, Michael Caine, Robert Redford, Elliot Gould. Pretty nice.

I hope the voice acting is better, this time around. Now there's no more huge Airborne operations left. I think it's time for... THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE!!! ...in next game.

Havent looked at it at all, once CoD moved to 'Modern Warfare' that was the end for me.

Will you marry me?

I liked CoD 4, but they should've sticked to WWII.

Yq5y51Y.png

NO. There is no damage like that in BIA. No gibbing. No blowing in half. No heads blowing apart. You did not see what was going on correctly. Unfortunatly the level of violence in this will be equal to COD4. Dont get me wrong I love COD4 but this will not be any more gritty or violent then the COD franchise. IE if you throw a grenade at the foot of a german soldier all that will happen is a flying German. I was hoping it was going to be different.

Erm... Ive seen a vid where a german loses his arm cant find it at the moment, but heres a screenshot of a German with his face either blown off or covered in blood. This game is still gonna be pretty violent either way.

user posted image

EDIT: Proof that there is limbs that can be blown off! in this pic you can clearly see a detached arm and a leg (i Print Scrn'd this):

user posted image

VIDEO FROM WHICH THIS WAS TAKEN: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35881.html

Edited by Hart

Thanks Hart. You will always be there to back up my information icon14.gif

No problem icon14.gif , it just annoys me that people like mark3boyz "knows" stuff about games that arent even out yet. AND there is video and picture proof of it, so I dont see how he thinks there will be no blowing in half etc

Will you marry me?

I'm not that easy, but i am interested in why CoD is moving back to the secondary world war.

Anywho, how far does this new Brothers In Arms take us in WWII?

but i am interested in why CoD is moving back to the secondary world war.

The game was being developed before Modern Warfare was even released. They didn't know how successful the game was going to be so they stuck to WW2. Also they probably wanted to make up for the piss-poor job they did on COD3. Of course COD3 took 8 - 11 months to make, and COD:WW is taking 2 years to make. Expect it to be a lot better.

This game will only be taking place in Market Garden (Holland)

Will you marry me?

I'm not that easy, but i am interested in why CoD is moving back to the secondary world war.

Anywho, how far does this new Brothers In Arms take us in WWII?

Damn shame!

Yq5y51Y.png

Notice the glitch at 0:18. Look at the Bazooka. Hopefully clipping will be fixed. Although I was not a fan of controlling the tanks on the previous versions, it looks like they've got it cracked for Hells Highway.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35881.html

The tanks were too slow.

Clipping isn't that annoying really. I'm all hyped up about the replica of Eindhoven.

Next BiA has to be the Bulge!

Yq5y51Y.png

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I got money saved up for this one, it's going to be awesome.

No problem icon14.gif , it just annoys me that people like mark3boyz "knows" stuff about games that arent even out yet. AND there is video and picture proof of it, so I dont see how he thinks there will be no blowing in half etc

Holy effin sh*t you were right! My god this game is going to be freaking awesome. I had watched several videos shortly after the game was announced and saw nothing like this. Grenades landed near people but they never suffered these types of injuries. It all seemed very COD like. Boy, was I wrong. I appologize. This game is going to be everything I hoped for smile.gif

Digital Murders

Why do they still release games that take place during WWII? Talk about beating a dead horse.

user posted image

^ Because the field of cinematic, emotional WW2 games has barely been covered.

BIA can be thanked for introducing a more movie-like, heartfelt, action experience.

Well i'm going to be confused because i didn't really play the last two games. I played the first one but i couldn't play it. The graphics were horrid and the gameplay was terrible on the PS2. The Xbox version was a lot more polished, so i never got the full experience. Looks like wikipedia will be my source for understanding. I had to cheat to unlock every level and the ones i thought were hard, i skipped.

^ Then you've really missed the experience Carbine...

I've beaten both BIA's, played them on the X-Box, loved every bit of them. Great missions, great combat system, and really good action. Story wise, there isn't much to catch up on. Here: You play as Sgt. Matt Baker in this game, the same character you controlled in the first BIA. In BIA 2, you played as Cpt. Red Hartsock who had just been promoted at the end of BIA and was in charge of his own squad. Now, in BIA 3, you play as Baker and Red is once again under you, although he is still running his own men. So, you as Matt, already experienced a sh*tload from BIA at Hill 30, where you lost a lot of men including Legget. Red experienced his hell in BIA 2, which was a great spin-off from the original game I thought. Now, both men are reunited, each scarred from their time as squad leaders and the sh*t they've seen.

It's gonna be great, can't wait to see the cutscenes, they were great in the past two. Imagine how they'll be next-gen, dope. And the story, damn, it's going to make for intense, intense action.

P.S. I pre-ordered Hell's Highway this afternoon (some hours ago), so now I sit back and wait for August.

Thanks. I mostly knew that though lol but thanks for the summary. I didn't know they reunited and i didn't know Red got upgraded however. I saw the ending but i must've missed it.

Haha i remember the ending

And then we dropped into a little town called Arnhem.

I remember red was sh*tty looking in Hill 30, but they gave him red hair in Earned in Blood. I wasn't intrigued by the story though just because the game was too freakin horrid on the PS2. The trailer for Hill 30 i know was amazing! I'll read it up on wikipedia or something, so i understand it more. I know a few people died because i was able to beat some missions as i got better. Remember though the PS2 version wasn't complete. The Xbox/PC version was more violent, polished and had everything completed.

I can't wait for this game though. Get Xbox Live Don because the multiplayer should be fun! Although i'm mostly looking forward to the single player. However i hope you can tear there limbs off in multiplayer like you can in single player.