Playboy X VS Dwayne

NikoLiberty

NikoLiberty

To me, this was one of the saddest parts in the game. I played it twice just so I could see the outcome of both, and it was just as depressing both ways.

First time, I killed Dwayne because I really liked Playboy (My favorite character 2nd to LJ) I felt Playboy was the most relatable, with his striving personality and all. So, after killing Dwayne, and that FREAKY HOBO MONSTER. Jesus Christ, let's just take a moment.

Okay. So we only get 20,000 dollars and a call from Playboy: "He was my mentor, I just don't think I can see you again." Which, in all irony of being the "Ice Cold Killer, Niko Bellic" I can't resist a soft spot there.

Second time, I killed Playboy and got that kickass penthouse and an extra parking space. After chasing Playboy and eventually backing him into a corner and gunning him down, I felt awful... and just stood there looking at him... so sad.

And then I parked some sweet whips in that space, bitch!

Anyway, anyone else feel the same? cryani.gif

flyingmonkey97

Whenever I came to a 2 way mission, I killed myself and saved so I could get both endings.

I personally hated X so it was nice to get another safehouse. It's not like money in GTA4 is hard to get.

NikoLiberty

That's true, money's easy and the only reason I did it again was for the house.

I wanted to kill Dwayne! Playboy was cool but so was his penthouse devil.gif Anyway I cant understand what Dwayne is bitching about Playboy who offered him half of his business...

Kylethemestupfile

i was stupid enough to leave the auto save on so after i killed dwayne i got dissed by playboy, unfortunately my friend told me what hapened when u kill playboy right after i did the mission, i wus soooo pissed, do you get a chance to take the alternate endings when u beat the game?

Axe_Gaijin

I felt the complete oposite. biggrin.gif

Never like Playboy X, just too much of a poser for my taste. And I respected Dwayne, here's a man that lost everything when he went inside and comes back to a world that isn't the same anymore.

I think that's pretty much why Niko says "You remind me of myself". Both are esentially strangers in a strange land.

First time I went after Playboy, wich was a nice little mission wich was it's own reward (don't care about either the money or the Penthouse)

Second time I killed Dwayne but I felt hollow, that's it? that's how this former Lord comes to his end just standing there waiting for me to finish him off? I felt really bad after that mission. sad.gif

Dwayne should really shape up tough, he's a real cry-baby when he becomes your friend. wink.gif

Edited by Axe_Gaijin

scarface910

I killed playboy because of Dwayne's special ability tounge.gif

Eagleheart

Playboy X is a douchebag and Dwayne's a little crybaby bitch. In the end though, Dwayne is deffinately the better man.

NikoInFurs

well weigh out the benefits. if you kill dwayne you get 20,000. if you kill playboy you get another safehouse, 2 extra parking spots, dwayne's friend ability, a desert eagle and the claude clothes. i think i'd rather kill playboy.

Edited by NikoInFurs

A: we are DEVO

scarface910

Yeah but what he was doing was BAD!!

Dwayne is the better man in the long run because you can call him for a car full of backup.

He doesnt mention that before he dies because he wants to know if you will choose him for what he has now.

Playboy X was a fa**ot. I'm glad I got to smoke him. So many more benefits come from killing him over Dwayne.

Dwayne maybe a bit of a emo, but like others have said, he's the better man.

[MenaceMovies]

I killed Dwayne. I wish I didn't now because I sure would love Playbow X's apartment!

yea i killed dwayne and now am p*ssed off. I got the worst outcome of the storyline possible.

Axe_Gaijin
well weigh out the benefits. if you kill dwayne you get 20,000. if you kill playboy you get another safehouse, 2 extra parking spots, dwayne's friend ability, a desert eagle and the claude clothes. i think i'd rather kill playboy.

You can use the parking spaces regardless. wink.gif

SuperJude™

Since I have yet to read any amazing stories about how much Dwayne's boys help out in missions I'm going to have to say, other than another save spot and area to wreck havoc from the balcony, neither choice mattered to me in the least. I killed Dwayne so I could move onto my next mission faster and haven't thought once about it since till I read this thread.

Karambalaya

It's like the game is designed to make killing Dwayne the wrong choice. "Dwayne is the weakest link, killing him is cowardly."

tarquin biscuitbarrel

i chose to kill playboy for a few reasons story/character related.

basically, dwayne was playboy's mentor. but playboy looks down on dwayne and doesn't give him any respect, i interpreted the moral of the story to be that playboy bit off more than he could chew.

i've played through both outcomes of "the holland play...", killing dwayne really felt wrong and you can even see in the execution cutscene that niko doesn't want to do it. conversely in the playboy execution cutscene niko looks like he's enjoying himself.

NoArmsIrene

When I was given the option I immediately headed over to Playboy's to ice that idiot.

Whenever there's a choice in killing someone, I always end up killing the instigator. Just like I ended up killing Frankie when he suggested to kill his own brother! I guess I have a thing against people turning into backstabbing traitors.

Dwayne's gangster friends kick ass! They follow you around and REALLY help out in cop chases and small missions that are just kill-and-loot (like the "friend" missions scattered around LC). Also, if some guy attacks you for no reason other than a dented car, Dwayne's boys will attack the guy back and kill him - saving you the wanted level problem that comes with gunning someone down or slicing someone up in the middle of a street.

Dome Piece

Playboy was a c*nt, he tried to play Niko off against Dwayne from the start.

I shot the bastard atleast 20 times, and I'd of shot him more if I hadn't of run out of ammo.

Killed Playboy, got the awesome penthouse and Claude clothes. Then Dwayne kept calling me and was so annoying that I called him out and killed him too.

They're both f*ckers.

Playboy was a prick and annoying as hell.

Dwayne.. I felt so bad for him, having no friends and all, but he got pretty annoying too with the 'I hate my life' sh*t.

I still killed Playboy, glad I did.

thebrownman

I thought playboy was too arrogant and didn't show enough respect to Dwayne when he came out of the block. That just made we want to kill him before even knowing I had to make a decision.

Playboy had it all at that point so I killed him, and I did feel sorry for Dwayne cuz he's lonely. colgate.gif

amcycletrans

Dwayne has had a hard time. At one point he tells Niko that maybe he should just kill himself and be done with the misery. Killing Dwayne would have been doing for him what he may not have had the courage to do for himself. As Nico and Dwayne become friends, Dwayne tells Niko after Bowling or going out for Cluckin Bell (Dwayne loves Chicken) "You've been a good friend Nico". I think this demonstrates that Nico has the ability to support his friendships with listening and providing advise when needed. Plus I love the Backup Boys Dwayne sends me when I call him. They have been with me when I have gone on police missions, Aside from the one guy in the front seat next to me screaming in torment as I'm driving a police car ( I think this only happens when they get into a police car) they have both backed me up in gunfights. At one point I just took cover while they did all the killing for me.

I killed Dwanye because he pretty much said he wanted to die and I thought Niko was nice enough to kill somone who wanted to die and I thought he would respect somone who made it to the top like Playboy X. I was an idiot and used an uzi, thinking somone like Dwanye wouldn't have an execution, My friend is almost to that mission and I can guarnentee he will kill Dwanye beceause he thinks Playboy is cool and Dwayne is lame. I couldn't belive when Playboy freaked after I did it.

pistonhead78

took me ages to decide who to kill, but i went for dwain just as i thought playboy would give me lots of dosh and some car ect uno (he is the rich one out of the 2) when i killed him and playboy fones and said he couldnt see me i was fuming!!!! lol now im anoyed u told me if u do it the other way u get a penthouse and a new parking space gurrrrr

guess R* wanted most to think about the cash and and get the opposite (aka kill the rich one and u get money and kill the poor one and u dont, i woulda thought it be the other way round lol)