How long inbetween Stevie texts?

B103097

Stevie texted me with the first car a long time ago. Once I beat all the missions up to The Deal, I decided to to go back and do all the side missions/random characters. So I found the first car, returned it, great. However, it's been several in-game days since I recieved the second text message. I've read a few posts that said to complete the 10 car thefts for Brucie (I had only stolen 1 for Brucie when I recieved the first message from Stevie). So I've done that. Still no second text message from Stevie.

I only have ONE message in my phone. It's the first one from Stevie. I CAN NOT delete it. Doesn't even give me the option. So I thought maybe I had messed up on the delivery, but when I go back to the car location, it's not there. Any ideas?

Are you guys able to delete Stevie's messages before completing? Are you able to delete them after you deliver on that specific car? Thanks.

WaterGolem

I couldn't delete Stevie's messages until the delivery had been made, as soon as the car was in the garage I was able to delete it; I didn't even have to wait till Stevie's next message. Which means that if you can't delete it, but the car isn't there, then something must have messed up. Do you have an old save file you can revert to? Also, it seems weird that you got the text from Stevie after only 1 of Brucie's cars, I had to get all of Brucie's before Stevie texted me (but that could possibly be because I stole them all before unlocking Alderney). You could try stealing the rest of Brucie's cars first, if you haven't done so already.

Hope this helps man

JMR, at the beginning of the Gameplay forum there is a topic titled MAPS OF LIBERTY CITY. One of these maps is the one with all of Stevie's cars locations.

Yea, I was afraid it was a glitch. I definately delivered it. Garage closed. But I couldn't delete the old message. And the car still hasn't respawned. Has anybody else had this problem?

sananoutlaw

It's usually not too long til he texts me the next car location, like 20 mins at most. Just wait for it, or look at a map to see where one is, deliver that & he might text you after you deliver it.

It's weird you got a text from him before completing Brucies car missions, didn't know that could happen.

Everything's fixed. I figured I'd post what happened incase this happens to someone else and he comes here looking for answers. While driving around, I suddenly spotted the car again, it had respawned. I hopped in it, but it didn't give me that "You've found the car Stevie was looking for" message. I still took it to the garage anyways. When I parked it in the garage, it wouldn't cut to the movie, it just kept saying to park it. I got out and ran out of the garage, ran back in, and as I entered back into the car, the cut scene cued. Next thing I know, I'm outside the garage, I can delete the message, and I've already gotten the second text from Stevie now. So...............if this glitch happens to you (doesn't register a delivery), eventually the vehicle will respawn and you can just do it again.

After delivering a car I walked back to the Safehouse and did a Save. The next message came through when I got up. Seemed the simplest way to do it.

After delivering a car it will take 6 in-game hours for a new message from Stevie. So just run to the safe house right down the block and save.

budgieishere

I've had a similar issue, but it's the other way around. I've delivered 9 of Brucie's cars, but the tenth isn't appearing in my email. I still have the previous ones in my inbox, and going through each one just has a delete option and no reply. It could be related to a inbox limit - anyone know if one exists, and how many it is?