GTA IV SA maybe already made

Dwaffles

Right this is not one of those does anyone know whats in the DLC or the start of a fanboy thread so if your reply falls into that category dont bother.

I was just playing on GTA IV watching the tv and that Vinewood add came on, thought nothing of it then a few mins later that hotring race came on talking about rednecks racing round in a circle (from which Id bet was the airport from SA and was defiantly a SA hotring racer).

Anyway that got me thinking they must have modeled a few places from SA and a few of the cars and so on, que the Gambling add with las Venturas and that big sign with that woman with moving legs yet another SA landmark and guess what the next one was, yes another SA place the desert.

I did have serious doubts about them making SA or anything like that for DLC but it looks like they have made a fair few areas and Im sure if someone sat there long enough they would see so many more places.

I still think that its highly unlikely that it will be included as to reconstruct a city or cities that size would take a long time.

Que people saying theres no way they could have created SA in this time because its taken them this long to make LC which is smaller, but does anyone actually know how long it took them to construct it ??? didnt think so.

At this point Im still torn between the too as one part is saying no R* wouldn't be this generous in giving us a whole new city to roam in but then who knows how much this DLC content is going to cost for all we know it could cost the same as the game itself.

R* did say they were hoping to take DLC to a whole new level, how do people know that they may just release add on packs every year instead of waiting 2-3 ??

R* already has all the necessary skins for buildings, peds car and the so on which could just be placed onto a new map.

Designing a building in 3d software is not the hardest of jobs, one building would take estimately a couple hours aslong as its nothing fancy with no interior (before people start opening their mouths yes thats about how long it would take as most wire frame meshes for building are quite repetitive Im sure some experienced 3d designers on here can back up.)

The point of this thread was not to start a big war about whether its going to happen or not but just to let out my ideas, other peoples opinions and ideas are welcome, please share any things you've seen.

Maybe this thread could become some what like the thread that someone started to map out the area of LC, its only a bit of fun Im sure there are some enthusiasts who would like to take part.

Thanks for reading.

True, a lot of the modeling work would already be done... but that's the easiest of steps.

There's still TEXTURING. And with next-gen games, you aren't just texturing 2 maps anymore (color/ambient)... You're texturing several: ambient (possibly), diffuse, specular, normal, bump, transparency, and reflection.

That's a LOT of painting! It's taken me weeks to fully texture one photo-real building. I'm not a pro, but even if I were, you're talking about thousands of man-hours here, maybe even hundreds of thousands just for texture work.

And that doesn't even include re-touching the models to make them more detailed.

Could be, but they seemed to fine for an SA cut as that game suffered with terrible jaggies although being that compressed could get rid of them.

About the textures, they could be easily transferred from the LC files and edited accordingly.

and also I though part of the gfx engine was used to render the filters e.g. grey scale/ sepia and all that crap not just different textures to be loaded when needed.

Edited by DafWales

Could be, but they seemed to fine for an SA cut as that game suffered with terrible jaggies although being that compressed could get rid of them.

Yeah, the SA appearances you see are pretty low-res and use already-created assets for the most part.

SA is in the past SA sucks get over it. And if we do get a revistit it is only going to be in one city. I dont understand whats with you idiots. Just because a place is bigger than any other game doesnt make it better especially when there is nothing to do in that wasted empty space.

dantheleedsman

SA is in the past SA sucks get over it.  And if we do get a revistit it is only going to be in one  city.  I dont understand whats with you idiots. Just because a place is bigger than any other game doesnt make it better especially when there is nothing to do in that wasted empty space.

nothing to do in san andreas? what a dumbass, theres 10 times more to do than 4! the only thing that makes me play 4 over san andreas is graphics and physics and fighting system.

SA is in the past SA sucks get over it. And if we do get a revistit it is only going to be in one city. I dont understand whats with you idiots. Just because a place is bigger than any other game doesnt make it better especially when there is nothing to do in that wasted empty space.

Read it over again no one is worshipping it stop trying to start an argument .

Dont like it dont read it wink.gif

You are a tool.

There was nothing wrong with the desert and forest areas. You're only saying that because that's what the big game magazines said.

SA is in the past SA sucks get over it.  And if we do get a revistit it is only going to be in one  city.  I dont understand whats with you idiots. Just because a place is bigger than any other game doesnt make it better especially when there is nothing to do in that wasted empty space.

You are a tool.

There was nothing wrong with the desert and forest areas. You're only saying that because that's what the big game magazines said.

I have to admit though, even though i prefer SA to 4, the wide open spaces were pointless. Most of the map was space!

carcols.dat

Can someone direct me to that Vinewood video OP referenced?

You seem to be forgetting that there is a PC version that needs some sh*tty porting (there's a few quarters in a PC version, and R* are hungry for cash). A San Andreas cutscene can be made quickly. There is no way a game of such magnitude could be done.

Yq5y51Y.png

I saw it to, and its just footage from san andreas, not remodeled stuff

yep

99.98% of teenagers surround their minds with cod4, if your a part of the 00.02% that doesn't own the game, put this in your sig.

i bet before gta 4 came out you loved SA now that a game came out that has better graphics u dont like it any more

wat a loser

redemption10

on the tele has any1 seen a man in middle park get dragged in to the bushes to get raped

.Up&Coming.

It's the same old footage from SA. In the past games they referred to past games (SA had references to VC a lot). This doesn't mean anything in terms of DLC or the next game. I just hope we don't revisit yet ANOTHER city.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

i bet before gta 4 came out you loved SA now that a game came out that has better graphics u dont like it any more

wat a loser

Yea I think he's a bit harsh; but to be fair, I no longer play SA anymore. I saw it at a friend's house the other day and had him pop it in just for old time's sake. I didn't last long at all...so in that sense, I get what he means, even if he isn't saying it quite right. SA does not suck on its own, but compared to IV well...you really can't.