First Person Driving

freshlaundryX

freshlaundryX

I know what you are saying, "I tried first person driving -- it made me feel sick and I never did it again!"

(With motorcycles, I might have to agree with you.)

Well, third person took you a while to learn, remember? You needed time before the finesse of the controls became evident. Your eyes adjusted to the blur and the pixelation until you could feel the city and the real time lighting behind it instead of the graphics. Well not only do you need to re-learn how to drive in first person, but your eyes need to learn to adjust to the view. It is well worth the experience.

Not only can you feel the speed more in first person, your adrenaline pumping as you cringe and narrowly avoid accidents, but the true beauty of the RAGE engine and the city can be seen when things are viewed in more detail, closer up -- like the reflection of the bridge lights on your hood, you turn to the left and see the toll booth operator as you cruise on past, the texture of the pavement, the billboards, the buildings. It is absolutely jaw dropping.

It certainly isn't practical when you are driving and shooting or escaping from the cops, but man, what a rush.

Herb up, put on The Journey, and try first person. Give yourself time to adjust - you'll need it. You may need to go through some day and night cycles before the awe takes hold, when you just happen to cresting that hill with the sun setting in front of you and the city rises up to meet your eye.

p.s. Best weapons out of the two choices (when you can afford anything you want)?

* Combat pistol (definitely, can't sway me on that one)

* SMG (instead of uzi, I'm pretty sure this is better)

* Combat Shotgun (I like it.)

* Carbine Rifle (? not sure ?)

* Combat Sniper (? not sure ?)

-- What do you think?

p.s.s. Why don't I have heli-tour locations on my map like everyone else? Is it because I got knocked over when I was getting that phone call or something? (I think when heli's were unlocked I fell over during the phone call and the locations didn't appear?)

freshlaundryX

p.s. for your first drive in first person -- I suggest using the truck. You sit higher up on the road and it limits your speed a bit better, so you don't get out of control.

Enjoy!

Not only can you feel the speed more in first person, your adrenaline pumping as you cringe and narrowly avoid accidents, but the true beauty of the RAGE engine and the city can be seen when things are viewed in more detail, closer up -- like the reflection of the bridge lights on your hood, you turn to the left and see the toll booth operator as you cruise on past, the texture of the pavement, the billboards, the buildings. It is absolutely jaw dropping.

It certainly isn't practical when you are driving and shooting or escaping from the cops, but man, what a rush.

Herb up, put on The Journey, and try first person. Give yourself time to adjust - you'll need it. You may need to go through some day and night cycles before the awe takes hold, when you just happen to cresting that hill with the sun setting in front of you and the city rises up to meet your eye.

Made me cough...

I'm playing it on a projector (15ft dia.) and I nearly barf8bd.gif when I tried that. It feels sick in the very sense of the word!

freshlaundryX
I'm playing it on a projector (15ft dia.) and I nearly barf8bd.gif when I tried that. It feels sick in the very sense of the word!

I'm sitting pretty close to my TV so that my peripheral vision on the sides is covered.

It made me sick as well at first. Especially watching someone else play that way.

But eventually my eyes learned to adjust. That's the best way I can describe it.

thebritishbulldog

First person driving is the only way to go. Its so much more accurate especially in car chases, you can always look behind you afterall. Funnily enough FP shooters DO make me sick sometimes but driving FP doesn't!

I'm playing it on a projector (15ft dia.) and I nearly  barf8bd.gif  when I tried that. It feels sick in the very sense of the word!

I'm sitting pretty close to my TV so that my peripheral vision on the sides is covered.

It made me sick as well at first. Especially watching someone else play that way.

But eventually my eyes learned to adjust. That's the best way I can describe it.

Gotta give it one more try Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Ugh. I can't play like that. It's nauseating.

I can't play any driving games first person. There's no feel, unlike when driving a real car, so you have to rely on visual cues. 3rd person is the only way.

I actually prefer first person driving for getaways.

I've played a lot of racers on hood-view, so I'm used to it.

Way easier to control the car, with some practice.

freshlaundryX
I actually prefer first person driving for getaways.

I'm liking it more and more.

I would switch out of 1P when the cops were after me, but now I just play it out. Love squeezing through tight spaces and watching behind as they get stuck. Brilliant!

I really like the bonnet view in this game. It's fun to drunk drive in 1st person!

Floating Plastic Bag

In racing games like Gran Turismo i always drive in the first person. However in GTA I prefer the 3rd person (the 2nd closer to first person) since i can see the damage . bullet holes , blood ect on my car and it's great smile.gif