Why No Speedometer but we have Average Speed?

Dome Piece

Dome Piece

If your going to tell us our average speed, why not just let us have the option of onscreen speedometer.

I would like to know how fast I was going when I crashed head-on into a hotdog stand whilst on an NRG900.

Agreed 100%

They could've given us the option.

There was a mod for San Andreas that did that, it was awesome

Agreed 100%

They could've given us the option.

There was a mod for San Andreas that did that, it was awesome

It could be added as part of the DLC.

LittleJacobRESPECT

any rockstar people reading this:

REAL dashboard view

speedometer

attachable trailers

etc

REAL dashboard view

speedometer

attachable trailers

etc

Yeah, I'm not one for whining about what IV is lacking but those 3 ideas are something I would like to see.

ye would like to see this my self even if they want to keep the screen clear just a small mph number in the corner

wild-thing

lmao well ive managed to get an average of exactly 36 mph, kinda funny becuase that includes slowing down etc and my various sprees in ice cream trucks..., but yeah a real shame not to be able to record it, though i can tell id be one of those people who would keep looking at the dashboard then inadvertedly crash and fly out the window.

ye would like to see this my self even if they want to keep the screen clear just a small mph number in the corner

Maybe even a speedometer going around your health/armor? Wouldn't add much to the HUD.

I completley agree with you all, i was a bit disapointed we didn't get a real dashboard view, it would be good if we had it and could use the wing mirrors.

I like average speed better. That way when when a cop pulls me over and asks 'you know how fast you were going?', I can say 'over what distance?'

And the thing is it wouldn't be hard to implement, I mean it was done on GTA 3, VC and SA using mods. Surely it's just a bit of code and a bit of graphic.

One simple way.

A real in car view with a spedo easy for R* to do b/c they already have the car textures mapped out just need a clear gauge and moving needle

REAL dashboard view

speedometer

attachable trailers

etc

Maybe you wanna try Test Drive Unlimited?

REAL dashboard view

speedometer

attachable trailers

etc

Maybe you wanna try Test Drive Unlimited?

You can run over pedestrians and shoot cops in Test Drive Unlimited?

33stradale

too much effort to fix a speedo for everycar/bike/horse (there are no horses in the game, i'm not starting a rumor!!!)

Maybe that'll come up soon lol.gif

I remember on Vice City you could download a speed-o-meter. But with it came a major bug. The weather changed suddenly back and forth cry.gif

Even when the game was in slow-mo, like when you took a Unique Stunt jump. After you took off into the air and game start to show the jump in slow-motion you could see like 8 of 10 times that it suddenly started a storm and it ended before you hit the ground again lol.gif So I just deleted it, and let the game be without it turn.gif

too much effort to fix a speedo for everycar/bike/horse (there are no horses in the game, i'm not starting a rumor!!!)

Actually it's pretty basic and simple to do.