Red lights of Death!

GTAFan25

search x-clamp method, or buy a repair guide, either way it voids warranty

How do you fix the red lights of death on your Xbox 360?!

i am on my 5th 360 now, and everytime i have had the red ring of death, but a good thing about getting these evil coulurs is that ur warranty should be extended by another 2 years ontop of your original one. so just send it back and wait by the door icon14.gif

KingyThePothead

i am on my 5th 360 now, and everytime i have had the red ring of death, but a good thing about getting these evil coulurs is that ur warranty should be extended by another 2 years ontop of your original one. so just send it back and wait by the door icon14.gif

make sure to tell them its a FULL ring of lights, thats all 4 in the ring on, if not its not covered!

Don Nachos

i just bought an elite and the other day i got three lights what does that mean? i restarted my xbox and sh*t works no problem. should i worry about my xbox going bad? confused.gif

gmen79player

I had the same prolem with my 1st 360 and it died completely. My 2nd console did the ring thing once while trying to play this crap freezing game but stopped doing it after it cooled off. Console's just too hot 'cause of this game.

KingyThePothead

i just bought an elite and the other day i got three lights what does that mean? i restarted my xbox and sh*t works no problem. should i worry about my xbox going bad? confused.gif

im not sure, cant remember exactly, but i think 3 red lights something to do with the video cable! make sure its in proper.....

i had the full ring, phoned xbox live, to be told to plug the console into the mains, they didnt tell me to plug in the video cable, so i done this to get 3 red lights, whitch baffled me cause it should have been 4! so they then continued to tell me that 3 red lights isnt the common problem thats gets you a replacement, and so couldnt help me unless i was to pay cash, whitch i wont do on this peice of sh*t!

after this call i was a little gutted, but after reading something on a forum, i spotted the mistake, they hadnt asked me to plug the video cable in while running through the over the phone testing, so i plugged everything back in and back to 4 red lights on the console. i was back on the phone to xbox kicking off in no time about the lack of knowledge the supposed technical stuff have!

needless to say my 4th xbox was soon in the post.

now before people think that woohoo a new xbox on the way, dont get to excited! they only print out a new serial number and stick it to the back of an old recondition faulted machine and send that stright out.

my 4th one just went, and i gave in, bought a PS3, not only is it a superior machine in everyway, i havent had a problem with it.

anyways the 360 was a flawed prototype, the supposed elite is the proper machine, it even has a proper HDMI connection OMG.......

make sure to tell them its a FULL ring of lights, thats all 4 in the ring on, if not its not covered!

Dont know if thats correct mate, i had 3 lights everytime and i get extended warranty, never had 4 lights.

KingyThePothead

Dont know if thats correct mate, i had 3 lights everytime and i get extended warranty, never had 4 lights.

i just go by what they tell me down the phone!

4 red lights = the famous ring of death! and got me the extended 2yr warrenty, 3 red lights almost got me nothing o0

from what i remeber on the 4, im sure he told me 4 red lights was hardware failure, were as you can get 3 just by not having the VGA cable in proper or something....

tbh though im a PS and PC freak! i find xbox a complete waste of time, after all, if you wanna play xbox games, buy a pc, theres more options available!

Edited by KingyThePothead

4 Lights just means that the AV cable isn't connected to the console correctly. It doesn't sense whether or not it is connected to your telly correctly (kinda obvious though).

The only way I can see you getting a replacements if you have 4 rings is if the AV socket is screwed and you can't properly connect the cable. I've never had any problems with my 360, guess I'm a lucky one....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906652

3 lights means that there is a hardware fault of somekind.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

U should worry cause when u restart it . It will probably work. But after a while u have to call customor support!

the only time I've ever had red lights was when my friends sister was jumping around the xbox, we kicked her out of the room. It was only three lights though, I was realy freaked out that it was broken, but it was fine.

weebazweebaz

i have had 2 360's both with 3 red lights but my mate told me about the xclamp and i bought it on ebay. he fixed it for me in 5 mins (seriously!) its now working perfect but im a bit afraid of the gtaV syndrome that keeps happening to people's 360's. should maybe look into it as an option. BTW had my second one doctored.