30hr story in 20hrs

Cyberpunx182

Cyberpunx182

just wondering how the hell people managed to complete the game which has about 30hrs worth of story (probably less without cut scenes) and all the other bits and peices in less than 20hrs.

i was just checking the rockstar social clubs 100% list and it seems the top 5 people managed to 100% finish it in less than 20hrs. the top player apparently managed it in about 15hours.

anyone else think that sounds abit impossible?

AntiPersonnel

you would need to skip cutscenes, take taxis everywhere and reload your autosave where it would save time. i think it is possible to tackle the story mode alone in under 10 hours this way

Kelvinellenton

The fastest one who completed the story completed it in 9 hours

Cyberpunx182

yeah i was talking about 100% completing it aswell.

just seems abit far fetched to me but if someone did legitamatly complete it in less than 16hrs then congrats to them

yeah i was talking about 100% completing it aswell.

just seems abit far fetched to me but if someone did legitamatly complete it in less than 16hrs then congrats to them

Its impossible in my book it must be a fault somewhere. I would guess anyway.

cant understand why someone would want to rush through this game in 15 hours skipping cutscenes and taxi'n it everywhere,

waste of a good game, unless your going to play it through again.

illadelph0808

why would anyone want to rush through the game in such a way, if its so important to finish it the fastest... they must have absolutely no life

RandomAlec

I can't say much but I beat the game (the first time around) only story missions in 19 hours because I wanted to get the Xbox 360 Achievement "Liberty City Minute" which is beating the story mode in less than 30 hours.

It's seriously impossible in my book to beat it in 9 hours especially if it's 100%, a game save must have been used.

Cyberpunx182

well if the people with really stupid times have cheated they most probably wont get the key to the city thing that rockstar are giving away as a prize because the rules state

WINNING ENTRANTS MUST (x) start and complete 100% of the Game during the contest period, (y) have access to the IV 100% CLUB data board on their personal gameplay statistics page by the end of the contest period; and (z) not use any external enhancement or cheating method, such as installing duplicate save games or using third-party software such as the AR MAX or Gameshark. Players may use any enhancement intended to be accessible within the Game, such as unlockable items or codes entered via the controller.

ALL POTENTIALLY WINNING ENTRANT ACCOUNTS WILL BE REVIEWED FOR ELIGIBILITY UPON COMPLETION OF THE CONTEST PERIOD. DISPLAY OF YOUR STATISTICS ON THE 100% CLUB DATA BOARD DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO A PRIZE.

RandomAlec
The story was beaten in 9 hours... Not 100%

Oh, sorry, that's possible then. biggrin.gif

AND 100%? I would say that's damn near impossible but that's only because I haven't tried finding everything required to get to 100%. I'm only at 50.09% with 65 hours in so far...but I'm not in a rush either.

Now that I've gone through it and gotten 100% I could probably play it again and do it pretty quick. On the Social Club site on the leader board it says someone got 100% in just over 15hrs, no way Id be able to do it that quick.

I'd just like to point out that a player on the PS3 leaderboards, have gotten the 100% in 10:50:09.

Playername is "jiu-jitsu_4420".

SimplySupreme

So what would everyone class as an average time for 100% completion?

who craes whoopie do for them , why in the hell ya wanna spend the $$ and then beat the game as fast as you possibly can ... if thats how ya get your kicks fine and dandy i suppose , but then i don't wanna hear a single b*itch about how bored or how ya hate the game from any of those types ... I'm pushing 55 hrs of game play and nicely at 46% and very happy about that, could possibly be even lower complete % , but at times the wife like to watch and wants be to continue on the story line, my longest running time at one given point is 9 hrs 28 mins and she probably sat and watch for a good 3 hrs ( i was amazed) she said she was impressed with voice acting and story , with the fact the graphics rocked. I think even she was surprised at this game....(she not big / into games at all just so ya know, or are thinking shes a gamers like many of us)

See this is why so many get bored, because they rush through it.

This game would be a easy 30+ hours on average, at a normal pace (Story). Which is quite respectful considering so many games these days can be completed alot faster.

I started a new save on May 3, and now I'm about 75 missions in with about 31 hours. I'm quite happy with that, because even after I finish the story I want to go through it again.

Seriously this game is the only game I've played for the last 3 weeks, and I think there has been only 1 day I've missed.

Tonay_Montana

Well it took me 80 hours to finish 100% and I took it at a decent pace.....so it boggles my mind to think you could get 100% in even less than 30 yet the top person got 100% in 10 f*cking hours.....I dont know wtf...he must have been smoking massive amounts of crack...even then...

Cyberpunx182

personally i finished story in 31hrs (Was going for 30 but just missed out on it ohwell) and finished 100% in 77 hours.

i think that is a fairly respectable time for a game that i have really enjoyed and soon i will start a new game and play through it again so i can enjoy it again only this time there will be cheat codes being used (hopefully rs release some new ones soon).

i posted this topic just to see if anyone else found it kinda suspicious. really gets on my nerves when people buy games and cheat (discounting ingame cheatcodes) to finish it really quick and it makes it worse when theres also a contest and ranking involved.

i know i would never be at the top of any ranking but someone who legitimatly finished the game the fastest should be.

if you havent guessed i dont think they are legitimate times.

they mite be.

but i dont think so.

Edited by Cyberpunx182

I was at around 85% completion when I finished the story because I took my time, did the vililante missions, the car stealing missions etc and took it nice and easy. On some missions I'd kind of "roleplay", so for example on the "Final Interview" mission where you have to get an interview and waste that guy, I figured I'd walked in there looking like a normal person, not one strapped to the teeth with weapons, so I only used my pistol.

Took me about 35 hours.