the 360 screwed ps3 owners

bongboyy420

stealthboy50

Hey man we did not get screwed. We gonna get content to. And who needs to pay $50 or £30 for extra content. Put it towards MGS4 or killzone or something. There not gonna be like 3 leaf clover or anything.

WildmouseX

ummm - the 6 axis controler screwed PS3... i'm sure if microsoft could do anything to hurt sony as bad as that controler, they would have done it - but they didn't have to do a thing.

chris cambo

Please, no fanboyism its against the rules.

For the record Xbox 360 is better at online shizzle but the PS3 has an internet browser and a blue ray player

so please end the fanboy sh*t its old as hell

user posted image

bongboyy420

yeah but GTA4 would have been bigger and better if they would not have made it for the 360

yeah but GTA4 would have been bigger and better if they would not have made it for the 360

that's considering if the ps3 could actually run the game properly

bongboyy420

my ps3 never had a problem playing GTA4. its just people who dont take care of their ps3

stealthboy50

Lol nothing wrong with mine. Only a few people. At least we can play a game without getting the RROD and buying another console cause microsoft would not let it happen again. Yeah THEY care about what you thing yeah they do...

Mines always been fine as the majority of PS3 owners of th game will tell you.

ummm - the 6 axis controler screwed PS3... i'm sure if microsoft could do anything to hurt sony as bad as that controler, they would have done it - but they didn't have to do a thing.

Obviously it didn't, because Microsoft is working on a motion sensing controller. So, you're wrong.

emigrating

How'd ya reckon dumbass? Oh, and please don't come back saying because the 360 only accepts DL-DVDs as there is plenty of space available on the GTA IV DVD.

I don't know the truth on this but it seems like the game could have been better on a bluray. I think it's also true Rockstar had a lot of problems making the game work for PS3 so they probably lost time and had to cut stuff out because of that.

This is based only on my observations and opinions. It could be total bullsh*t.

I am a PS3 owner by the way. I plan on getting an XBOX 360 at some point beacuse they are both great gaming machines. f*ck the Wii. Nah I'm just kidding my daughter has one and it's fun too.

So you think if both consoles had a 40gb drive capacity, Rockstar would slave for years producing 40gb worth of content? Have you any idea how much time this would have taken? Idiot, and an ignorant one at that.

This argument is like saying that DvD's look better in blu ray format....I can't see the difference. Also I can't imagine how this crap lasted so long.

stealthboy50

lets stop arguing guys. Microsoft got ripped off end of. Ps3 is better than 360 but gta is the same on both. The main story is the reason for gta ok?

Now lets stop arguing or make one huge topic for it. I would be come a regular there...

I don't know about having to slave for years fo fill a bluray. MGS4 is already cutting stuff to make it fit.

Symbiote666
I don't know about having to slave for years fo fill a bluray. MGS4 is already cutting stuff to make it fit.

That's all on uncompressed audio and languages.

Nothing to do with game content.

Cronos_Vengence

I found this online, from a game developer's blog:

"Great for watching movies, but not so great for games. Getting data off the blue ray drive takes about twice as long as it does to get the same data off the 360's DVD drive. That translates into longer load times, or god forbid if your streaming from disk, tighter constraints on the amount of data you can stream.

"But it's got a lot more space than DVD"

Ok, you got me there - it does have a lot more space, and there is the potential to use that to do something cool, but thats unlikely to be realized in any useful way. There are tons of compression techniques available for data and I'd personally rather be able to get my data faster than have more of it. Most developers who use the entire Blue Ray drive are doing it to work around other problems with the ps3 such as it's slow loading - for instance, in Resistance: Fall of Man, every art asset is stored on disk once for every level that uses it. So rather than storing one copy of a texture, you're storing it 12 times. If you took that entire game and removed all the duplicate data, it would likely fit on a DVD without any problem. They do this to speed up load times, which, as I pointed out before, are painfully slow on the ps3. So in this case, the extra space is completely wasted."

Cutting stuff to make it fit, may not be a good thing.

From the "Developer."

They do this to speed up load times, which, as I pointed out before, are painfully slow on the ps3. So in this case, the extra space is completely wasted.

Um? He's obviously never played a PS3 before then? Because every game I have, takes just a matter of seconds to load.

Load times are not painfully slow on the PS3. And also, games install data to the HDD, so load times are even faster.

Rockstar even said it was the xbox that was limiting what they could do with the game.

Ya Bluray is sloooowwwww.

Oh, and to everyone saying Blu-Ray is slow... You are just idiots that don't know what you're talking about. Yes, Blu-Ray has a slower read than DVD, but in each read, MORE data is delivered than a DVD.

And lastly, you can bet your ass the next xbox will use the Blu-Ray technology, so what you're saying now will come back to bite you in the ass, and make you look stupid.

Edited by josh995

That's all on uncompressed audio and languages.

Nothing to do with game content.

So at the very least data could be uncompressed and load faster. The extra room could be used for more content also.

Um? He's obviously never played a PS3 before then? Because every game I have, takes just a matter of seconds to load.

Because of those techniques.... sarcasm.gif

How, exactly? It has no penis.

Amidst sifting through the rampant fanboyism, this post actually made me laugh. Thank you, sir. cookie.gif

Cronos_Vengence
From the "Developer."

They do this to speed up load times, which, as I pointed out before, are painfully slow on the ps3. So in this case, the extra space is completely wasted.

Load times are not painfully slow on the PS3. And also, games install data to the HDD, so load times are even faster.

Rockstar even said it was the xbox that was limiting what they could do with the game.

Oh, and to everyone saying Blu-Ray is slow... You are just idiots that don't know what you're talking about. Yes, Blu-Ray has a slower read than DVD, but in each read, MORE data is delivered than a DVD.

And lastly, you can bet your ass the next xbox will use the Blu-Ray technology, so what you're saying now will come back to bite you in the ass, and make you look stupid.

Ugh. Of course your load times are not slow, since if you read the stuff I posted you would see that it said that developers use inventive ways to speed it up. Which also includes putting info on the HD, which would explain why the PS3 needs to have one...and the XBOX does not.

As far as your Rockstar comment...when and where? Got a link? Hey they may have, but I would need to see it to believe it.

You say more data is delivered in Bluray? Again, do you have somewhere you can send me to. From what I have read the Bluray drive is run at a speed of 2X Which is about 9MB per second, whereas the Xbox drive is 12X which is aorund 16MB per second. (Source) Do you know something I dont?

They may use Bluray next time, and by then I am sure the drives will be much faster and we can truely see the full potential of Bluray in gaming. I just don't think it was a good choice this time. I think they just thought of promoting their Bluray format first, and the PS fan base second. It worked, no doubt, and due to very inventive developers...the PS3 owners are just fine. But I think the Bluray storage ability is overrated in the time being.

From the "Developer."

Jeez, are you serious? Where do they find these people? Yea, we should take YOUR word over a developer's as far as what could be done with this game, right? Right. whatsthat.gif

Blackop_elite

my ps3 never had a problem playing GTA4. its just people who dont take care of their ps3

Oh well I have a idea go take care of your PS3 a little more give it a wax job and clean it with a q-tip, but please QFT!!! Nothing you have said is worth a Sh*t!!!

We don't need any more fanboys in here on either side just play your console and be happy with it barf8bd.gif