Unable to do missions

HenkPatat

I'm at about 30% in single player mode. I recently recieved a textmessage to meet some unkown character at a pier. So I went, reached the yellow upsidedown arrow, but nothing happend. So I went to the only other storyline mission I was able to do, Dwayne's mission to take back the stripclub, but the same thing happend; walking through the arrow didn't trigger the mission.

I was able to complete all the car-stealing missions emailed by Bruce and the occasional sidestory mission given by random people on the streets, but I can't do the main missions.

Any suggestions?

Tony Mozzarelli 80

To be honest mate i have no idea. i can only suggest clean your disc or your lens and try again

I've been stuck at this point for about a week now. I've saved, loaded, restarted, finished other missions and saved that progress (Bruces car stealing missions) and still the storyline missions won't load.

I used to be able to do the Dwayne mission. I tried it twice or something, failed, decided to try the pier mission, got to the pier, couldn't start the mission, went back to Dwayne and could no longer start that mission either.

i'm at work right now so i cna't check this out for you but...

If you tried and failed the Dwayne mission is the text message you get after it asking if you want to re-try the mission still on your phone and can you launch the mission that way? monocle.gif

Like i said, at work just now so can't check this out myself but just a thought???

From what I remember about the unknown caller mission..... I has to get out of my car and walk onto the arrow on the pier. When i drove my car over it, nothing happened, but when I got out of my car the mission triggered. Also I think that you have to meet that unknown caller between certain times of the day....

Thought of that too, but after I saved the game, the message wasn't in the phone anymore.

Delightful
Thought of that too, but after I saved the game, the message wasn't in the phone anymore.

duidelijk dat je NL bent:). Ga terug naar waar je het gekocht hebt, ze willen vast wel ruilen wink.gif. Waar heb je hem gekocht?

Blackop_elite

Man make sure that your cell phone is not on sleep mode that turns the missions off. if it is just turn sleep mode off. and missions should start again.

Maybe you can only walk thrue it. So not with a car. But I guess you already tried that.

Tried that. Tried the sleep mode, that wasn't it. I don't see how it could be the disc itself, since I was able to start the Dwayne mission before.

Edited by HenkPatat

Delightful

sorry dude. Seems the only option left is to get a new GTA IV confused.gif Maybe if you email Rockstar with your problem and some (heeeeel veeel) geslijm. You will be able to get a new GTA IV + Some nice extra's. Worth trying!

AngerOfTheNorth

I've a horrid feeling you'll have to start all over again.

You've tried getting killed, getting arrested, ringing Dwayne etc?

I doubt this would be the disc...

I share that feeling sad.gif . Is it possible to transfer a saved game from another PS3? That way I could just copy a friends saved game and wouldn't have to start all over.

AnotherDave
I share that feeling sad.gif . Is it possible to transfer a saved game from another PS3? That way I could just copy a friends saved game and wouldn't have to start all over.

I think if there is a problem with anything it's with the savegame file so swapping it to a different console wouldn't work.

Do you get any messages or anything onscreen that indicates why the missions won't start? Also, what actually happens when you get to the mission markers? Does Niko just walk straight through it and nothing happens?

hW0sZKX.png

I think if there is a problem with anything it's with the savegame file so swapping it to a different console wouldn't work.

Do you get any messages or anything onscreen that indicates why the missions won't start? Also, what actually happens when you get to the mission markers? Does Niko just walk straight through it and nothing happens?

I didn't mean transfering my savegame to another console, but transfering another savegame to mine.

Nothing happens, Niko just walks straight through.