Spoilers

Hodgey.

How long do we need to use them its been three weeks and we still have to use them? Surely if people come on here there gonna be expectin to see a few spoilers i aint gonna be that of a huge surprise. I know not everybody has completed it yet but it must be gettin closer to not seein stupid black lines anymore. And if thet dont want to see them, then dont come on till youve completed the storyline.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Hodgey1989

Capricornus

Yeah I grow tired of using the tags as well. But I guess it is in the interest of fariness to others because they have yet to get the game that has been out of 3 weeks. Guess it's still hard to find or people just don't have the money to get it but whatever.

I agree with you.

caprisig.jpg

I think some people are waiting for the PC version and some still don’t have the console versions so members who do have the game should respect that and follow the forum rules, which at this time (and for the foreseeable future) include the use of spoilers. People are encouraged to use spoiler tags even on old GTA games just in case because again not everyone has had it/them yet.

I think some people are waiting for the PC version and some still don’t have the console versions so members who do have the game should respect that and follow the forum rules, which at this time (and for the foreseeable future) include the use of spoilers. People are encouraged to use spoiler tags even on old GTA games just in case because again not everyone has had it/them yet.

We have to wait for the PC version??? Hell we might aswell just use spoilers for everythin then as who knows when its comin out for PC or even if it is at all.

Cronos_Vengence

And if thet dont want to see them, then dont come on.

Yeah, but I still think people have the right to come on here and discuss the game they either enjoy or hate. That is the main purpose of this place. They may not expect spoilers here. However, I do think that spoiler tags should not be required in the "mission help" section of the GTA IV forum. Obviously, every thread should contain spoilers, or else it would be out of topic.

We might aswell stop using spoilers for early things that happen in the game, like Vlad dieing, because it's just so early on and stupid to warn about.

user posted image

Inertiatic

Annoying yes - But c'mon it's a minor irritation in comparison to having major twists/events given away before you finish a game.

While I think common sense would tell you which threads might give stuff away, not everyone seems to have it. I'd say you should always mention in a post if you're giving away large portions of the story in any game, film TV show etc. That's common decency in my oppinion.

To quote Tornado Rex -

It's that easy. Even if it doesn't seem like a spoiler put em on there if it's about a mission. It doesn't hurt anything to have them and it saves me time and headaches.

Also, please for the love of God don't put spoilers in topic titles. If you do the topic will be locked and the title edited, or I might just delete it, we'll see what kind of mood I'm in.

To quote Tornado Rex -

It's that easy. Even if it doesn't seem like a spoiler put em on there if it's about a mission. It doesn't hurt anything to have them and it saves me time and headaches.

Also, please for the love of God don't put spoilers in topic titles. If you do the topic will be locked and the title edited, or I might just delete it, we'll see what kind of mood I'm in.

And? when did he post this?

April 28th (day before the game came out), topic is here (at the top of mission help).

I don't know about you guys but I enjoy spoiler tags. Yes I've had the game since launch and yes I've beaten it but only on one storyline. I don't want to know what happens when I change my choices around.

if this is too hard to do then you have more problems in your life that you should look at

Why should the rest of the community have to suffer because a few members are too lazy to apply spoiler tags?

It is common courtesy and just a mark of respect for members who haven't completed the storyline or who are waiting for the release if the PC version.

I think that to suggest that members who haven't completed the game for whatever reason, be it thorugh circumstance or personal choice, just shouldn't log on until they do is stupid, arrogant and exclusionist.

The spoiler tags are there for a reason and if you don't want to use them then post in a section which allows spoilers.

Bad~Boy#17

Wow, I sympathize with you all cryani.gif

GTA 3 is out for almost 10 years and you still get a verbal warning if you don't put spoiler tag !

It's respect to those who didn't finnish the game yet mad.gif

DriftNismo

I take it you don't understand spoiler tags. Spoiler tags are there for EVERYBODY who hasn't completed the game. It's only been a few weeks, not everyone plays it a lot and does all the missions. I use spoilers for everything, even still for GTA III, but it's respect for people who haven't finished the game yet but still want to know the story line. You should always use spoiler tags.

I take it you don't understand spoiler tags. Spoiler tags are there for EVERYBODY who hasn't completed the game. It's only been a few weeks, not everyone plays it a lot and does all the missions. I use spoilers for everything, even still for GTA III, but it's respect for people who haven't finished the game yet but still want to know the story line. You should always use spoiler tags.

Of course i know what spoiler tags are for i just dontsee th point in them 3 weeks after release.

i just dontsee th point in them 3 weeks after release.

Wait for it...

I know not everybody has completed it yet

i just dontsee th point in them 3 weeks after release.

Wait for it...

I know not everybody has completed it yet

And your point is?

CarpetDweller

As has been said it's just courtesy to other forum members to use spoiler tags always. I think you can be a little less cautious if the game's been out for a year or more, but the game is still sold in the shops. People are still playing them for the first time.

It doesn't matter how early something happens in a game, if you didn't expect it and it surprised you then let others enjoy that surprise too.

I still use spoilers for big events in GTAIII.

Also it doesn't just apply to GTA games. I remember back during the second series of LOST. I was quite into it and deliberately stayed well clear of the official LOST topic in the 'Movies & TV' section for fear of people giving away future plot developments. I then read a totally unrelated topic where someone felt it necessary to casually drop a remark about the death of a main character who was very much still alive in the most recent one shown in the UK. I was almost as annoyed as the time some twat on the radio gave away the end to 'Sixth Sense' 1 hour before I went to see it.

Things like films, TV and games can only be experienced properly once. When everything is new and unexpected. Rewatching again can only bring back the feeling you felt the first time. If you never had that first time where you didn't know what was coming next then you truly get a lesser experience. Don't ruin it for everyone else. Use spoilers.

user posted image

As has been said it's just courtesy to other forum members to use spoiler tags always. I think you can be a little less cautious if the game's been out for a year or more, but the game is still sold in the shops. People are still playing them for the first time.

It doesn't matter how early something happens in a game, if you didn't expect it and it surprised you then let others enjoy that surprise too.

Also it doesn't just apply to GTA games. I remember back during the second series of LOST. I was quite into it and deliberately stayed well clear of the official LOST topic in the 'Movies & TV' section for fear of people giving away future plot developments. I then read a totally unrelated topic where someone felt it necessary to casually drop a remark about the death of a main character who was very much still alive in the most recent one shown in the UK. I was almost as annoyed as the time some twat on the radio gave away the end to 'Sixth Sense' 1 hour before I went to see it.

Things like films, TV and games can only be experienced properly once. When everything is new and unexpected. Rewatching again can only bring back the feeling you felt the first time. If you never had that first time where you didn't know what was coming next then you truly get a lesser experience. Don't ruin it for everyone else. Use spoilers.

OK i see what your sayin, but i just dont see the pointin them after a certain time. Really spoilers for GTA III if you aint completed it or know of the end of the story were the hell would that person of been all this time.

CarpetDweller

OK i see what your sayin, but i just dont see the pointin them after a certain time. Really spoilers for GTA III if you aint completed it or know of the end of the story were the hell would that person of been all this time.

Let's just pretend that the little kid has been a very good boy and waited patiently until he turned 18.

The point is that just because something is old, it doesn't mean it isn't new to someone. If I'm on the train and I see someone reading a book written 200 years ago, I still shouldn't go "Oh I've read that! I love the bit at the end where ...there's not really a spoiler here? This is a theoretical book. I haven't worked out an ending. Move your mouse away, go on...!

I have to agree with the person who mentioned spoilers in topic titles. Why would anyone do it? It's almost as bad as people who title topics as "WTF!", "Question" and "Help".

Edited by carpetdweller
user posted image

DriftNismo

Because like i said, not everybody does the missions, and not everybody has had an Xbox or Playstation for all this time, and not everybody has had GTA:III for all this time. I didn't complete it until 2004. It's just showing good manners and respect to other forum members. How would you like it if you had just got a game that had been out for 2 years and were really getting into it, then someone didn't warn about a spoiler and ruined the story for you?

I know you aren't meaning anything bad by what you are saying, but you should read back on what you have already said, by the looks of things you understand it but don't know it.

Some people don't have any common sense.

And some people just post stupid one liners that have nothin to really do with the topic.

I only got the game today. Spoilers would ruin it for people who haven't got at far as you.

Why is that difficult to understand?

I only got the game today. Spoilers would ruin it for people who haven't got at far as you.

Its not to difficult to understand but why should i have to see stupid lookin black bars everywhere cos you didnt get the game when it came out. And i know vica versa aswell, just my opinon.

And some people just post stupid one liners that have nothin to really do with the topic.

Sorry, I just wanted to get on your dickhead list.

By the way, I hope a game or movie will be spoiled for you in the future.

Edited by TT1987

Sorry, I just wanted to get on your dickhead list.

Dont worry your on it now. angry.gif

Its not to difficult to understand but why should i have to see stupid lookin black bars everywhere cos you didnt get the game when it came out. And i know vica versa aswell, just my opinon.

Its already been said before, why're you still askin the same question? COURTESY, that's why you have to use spoiler tags; if you don't get that, its too bad, forum rules, use'm.

Its already been said before, why're you still askin the same question? COURTESY, that's why you have to use spoiler tags; if you don't get that, its too bad, forum rules, use'm.

Alot of things have probably been repeated a 100 times on here but i just put what i thought. cant you understand that.