How exactly can the improve GTA with episodes?

Rockteur

they*

I guess it will just be new content, so technical improvements. We've all seen the gears 2 footage, and it is a massive step forward for the series. I don't think these expansion packs will represent a major step forward for those thinking that things like the draw distance will be fixed, and so on.

Thoughts?

The draw distance needs to be fixed?

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

John Jacques

Episodic Content will add more story to the game, and there will probably be no graphical improvements.

If anyone says you must have graphical improvements to make a game better, go headbutt a bullet. tounge.gif

blitsbebop

Episodic Content IMO will be just like the PSP games.

A short story-line...I not really all that hyped for the storys.

I want the add on features!

EDIT: I don't think they will fix graphics problems.

Edited by blitsbebop

This is GTAF where everyday a motherf*cker is gettin banned. Like me!

Episodic Content will add more story to the game, and there will probably be no graphical improvements.

If anyone says you must have graphical improvements to make a game better, go headbutt a bullet. tounge.gif

Are you on crack? Of course they make a game better!

Rockstar said the DLC will be like an expansion from GTA3 to Vice City to San Andreas. So that means that the DLC will come with new features. Probably the ones that they left out in the final game or possibly even more. Some rumors also have been spreading of a new city in the content. They probably won't add a city but possibly a new area like Long Island or Westchester. Also there may be new missions involved. The only reason i say there may be, is because *Major Spoiler*

at the end of GTA4, Niko changes and says he wants to lead a better life now. Why would he go on to do more killing if he's beginning a new life? Unless they give us a new character.

It's actually not downloadable content, but uploadable content. They want you to upload the rest of the small amount of content that's in the series now. Since GTA IV is a step down from San Andreas in amount of content.

That way by the time the next GTA comes out it will only be a lifeless desert with no story or characters.

MD_Reptile
It's actually not downloadable content, but uploadable content. They want you to upload the rest of the small amount of content that's in the series now. Since GTA IV is a step down from San Andreas in amount of content.

That way by the time the next GTA comes out it will only be a lifeless desert with no story or characters.

what? anyway they can improve a few things with DLC, such as a way to MAKE niko put his helmet on when he rides motorcycles would be nice, maybe a new island would be sweet, new character...IDK about a new character, niko kicks ass

hahahahhaahahaah priceless!

I doubt it will be Niko again as that would mean you would have to complete the game to play it and that would be unfair for people who payed and can't play.

Its not a step down at all, it may seem like it, but most of it has been focused on detail and such.

It'll probably be a new shorter storyline, since they said it will add 10+ hours of gameplay, and a bunch of random sh*t like clothes cars, and all the other stuff the SA fanboys have been whining about.

I just want fingerless gloves.

maybe one of the new missions lets niko wear them. i hope so

they can add whatever they want with DLC including engine tweaks, updates and improvements. If they see bugs or found a way to optimize some code they can easily patch it in whether it comes with the DLC or just as a normal patch is up to Rockstar.

1shot1kill

If anyone says you must have graphical improvements to make a game better, go headbutt a bullet.  tounge.gif

Are you on crack? Of course they make a game better!

Better graphics make a game look better, it does not make a game better.

If GTA had the graphics of Doom 1 it would still be a good game, just with crappy graphics. The graphics GTA 4 has are extremely good for this kind of game, comparing it with a game like GOW2 is retarded since they are 2 completely different type of games and GOW2 can put all the power in everything around you while GTA needs to spread out it's power to also show objects that are very far away and everything needs to be accessible.

I doubt it will be Niko again as that would mean you would have to complete the game to play it and that would be unfair for people who payed and can't play.

They can just make it sidemissions that can be accessed at any time.