3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

OrionSR

SA Save File Glitch Detection and Repair

MM KJ

Hey I have quite an extraordinary glitch. I duped the mission 'Interdiction' using OM0 strategy to obtain DP leviathan. It quite messed up the map, adding 2 extra leviathans there, but no red helis. I obtained one leviathan freely and commited suicide and this way failed the mission. The leviathan is in garage like normal, and other helis disappeared from map like they should, but a destination near the hill (yellow blip) reminds there and now I cannot load a save due to that blip glitch. And what is more, I cannot normally pass this mission either because now all the time no enemy helis spawn. Help plz, if even possible!

OrionSR

This topic has become a mess. People keep asking questions that clutter my record of solutions. And it should probably be moved to the Documentation sub-forum with the other save and glitch topics.

Post your questions in another topic and I might come take a look. The missing heli thing sounds sort of interesting but as far as this topic is concerned, this is a natural consequence of experimenting with OM0 exploits. Revert to a previous save and try another strategy.

Point taken on the stray blip though. hmvartak's site should be able to fix it, but his free host tends to get restricted by some av/firewall software and services. I think I finally had to white list his site - I'm sure it's safe, but not every site on this host is as reputable, hence the issues with blockage. But player's haven't been having much luck with duplicate blips created by bad mods either, so another solution is needed. Recent research has documented the complete blip structure, so everything needed for an editing tool is known. Maybe someday someone will create something that can manage the blip pool properly.

kagenlim

The Online Glitch Repair tool link is broke

Wolf_

thank you, I've been looking for this for a long time.

George Cross
On 5/18/2008 at 5:07 PM, OrionSR said:

Pickups: The pickup pool is limited to 620 items. Add more items to IPL and many SCM objects simply won't be added to the save (check the studio weapons). However, the pickup pool needs quite a bit of blank space for random drops and new pickups. If you add many more than 24 pickups to a standard game then temporary drops like money or weapons will disappear quickly or not spawn at all. This is most noticeable during the early gang wars if CJ hasn't collect many horseshoes, oysters, or snapshots to free up some room in the pool. The health and armor frequently disappear when CJ opens fire on the first group of targets and they start dropping more money and weapons.

Does this affected when I apply the no gore/head pop setting, or a CLEO mod similar to that when I using the save editor. Any possible fixes?

Edited by George Cross

rhans

One quick question, what are the global variables related to played time? I want to try to modify some of these to test different behaviours. Recently I reached 597 hours on a save (more than 596:30 (or 80000000 I supose), which is half of the maximum ammount: 1193 hours (or FFFFFFFF)), and the glitch reached  the next level. Now no car behave normally and are insanely fast. also First Date, New Model Army, N.O.E. and possibly other missions are not completable. Cinematic camera as well riding Trains and Flights between cities are also very glitched.

If with 597 is already this bad, I cant even imagine what is going to be like with 1193, but I dont know what gobal variables need to be modified for me to test that.

OrionSR

The global timer isn't stored as a Global Variable. It's saved with the Simple Variables in block 0 with a bunch of other miscellaneous information that isn't associated with a specific block of information.

If you adjust the global timer then you'll also want to adjust the weather timer to the same value or the weather goes crazy trying to catch up.

If you are using my binary template to make changes, the global timer (TimeInMilliseconds) and weather timer (LastClockTick) have updated names.

Good news. Our save wiki is working again. 

https://gtamods.com/wiki/Saves_(GTA_SA)

Offsets from start of block 0:

Weather Timer 0x80

Global Timer 0x94

And since these are located in block 0 you can add 5 to account for the first BLOCK to get the absolute offset from the start of the file.

The GTASA Save Game Tool is a simple app that should allow you to edit these fields directly. I haven't tested this tool much at all. It was too basic to be of much use but fits this purpose well.

I'm curious to see what happens when time runs out, but "technically" the glitch can't escalate to the next level since there's nothing beyond 0xFFFFFFFF. Game play may actually improve if the global timer rolls over to 0. It'd be like resetting the timers with the traffic fix except threads will stop - no missions, can't save, etc. And pickups, parked cars and all the other stuff that depends on timers will be messed up. (The traffic fix has two parts, resetting the global and weather timer to fix the traffic, and then resetting everything that records the timer so the game works normally again.)

Edited by OrionSR

rhans

Ok, Orion I have to say thank you for once again helping me out with doubts and random issues I have. So you were right, it seems the game once it reaches *EXACTLY* 1150 hours (which translates to 4140000000 miliseconds, if you instead input 4140000001 miliseconds it will be already glitched), the game will behave like it has been, erratic trafic, weird cinematic camera, glitched sniper rifle. If you save and load a game  that has been save after reaching 1150 hours, your time is set back again to 0 with those glitches I mentioned above all fixed, but with those issues you that had mentined all happening (not being able to save, start missions, find parked vehicles). I am really surprised as to why we got this result much earlier than we expected.

But I was still curioius what happens when you reach 1193 hours (4294967295 miliseconds) to see what happens. So I used the tool you provided me and created a save with 1150 hours, which is the limit you seem to be able to create and still load without those issues you mentined, and waited those 43 hours remaining (I used fast gameplay cheat twice to divide those 43 hours remaining by 4). The last time I checked I had 1192:15, which meant I had to wait just about 11 or 12 minutes to reach the maximum. I came back 20 minutes later and the game was frozen, not responding. It might have been a coincidence, I am not sure, but I think that this is what happens when you reach 0xFFFFFFFF,or 4294967295 miliseconds.

Edited by rhans

OrionSR

Wow. That is an interesting result. For reference, 1150 hours = 4140000000 = 0xF6C36300, which doesn't look at all significant. I'm not sure what to think about this. I doubt we'll make much more progress. A while back we had several reverse engineers trying to figure out how this glitch works but they didn't make much progress.

Saving after 1150 hours the timers were reset to 0 - you verified this in the save?

rhans

Yes. In this save there is 1150 hours exactly:

https://gtasnp.com/lolnuD

And now this is the save above, which has been loaded and saved just a few seconds later:

https://gtasnp.com/lolnuD

The first save when loaded it shows 1150 hours and has traffic glitch, while the second shows 0 hours and has those problems (saving, missions, parked cars), but it has the traffic glitch solved