What is FIB and NOOSE?

PILMAN

I keep hearing about that in GTA IV especially by the UL paper guy. What is FIB and NOOSE and what are their equivalents? Also does anyone have pictures to compare them? Pretty difficult to get a clear view of them when your being shot at.

I don't remember these terms from previous GTA.

Born Acorn

I think NOOSE stands for National Organization Of Security Enforcement, unsure about FIB though.

Why couldn't they use the usual names like previous GTAs? Perhaps the real life organisations did not want to be involved with a controversial name?

It is the National Office of Security Enforcement and, I guess, the Federal Intelligence Bureau.

If the FIB is supposed to be harder to defeat compared to the NOOSE, then what weapons do the FIB carry considering that the NOOSE each use an m4? When do you see the FIB anyways? Do they show up between 4-6 stars at random times? After all, even at six stars, you still see the NOOSE and police come after you. What's the difference between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 stars anyways? I'm CONFUSED- lol

Baltimorean
It is the National Office of Security Enforcement and, I guess, the Federal Intelligence Bureau.

Federal Investigations Bureau would be my bet.

If the FIB is supposed to be harder to defeat compared to the NOOSE, then what weapons do the FIB carry considering that the NOOSE each use an m4? When do you see the FIB anyways? Do they show up between 4-6 stars at random times? After all, even at six stars, you still see the NOOSE and police come after you. What's the difference between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 stars anyways? I'm CONFUSED- lol

I would like to know myself, i've seen those white police hummers or what not come around 3 stars and then around 4 or 5, you see those black swat looking vans. I haven't gotten 6 stars yet but 5 stars was hard enough for me.

I'm just curious if theres a comparison of the different law enforcement or the vehicles?

StackBundles
If the FIB is supposed to be harder to defeat compared to the NOOSE, then what weapons do the FIB carry considering that the NOOSE each use an m4?  When do you see the FIB anyways?  Do they show up between 4-6 stars at random times? After all, even at six stars, you still see the NOOSE and police come after you.  What's the difference between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 stars anyways? I'm CONFUSED- lol

I would like to know myself, i've seen those white police hummers or what not come around 3 stars and then around 4 or 5, you see those black swat looking vans. I haven't gotten 6 stars yet but 5 stars was hard enough for me.

I'm just curious if theres a comparison of the different law enforcement or the vehicles?

6 stars = FIB

There like 3 of the them in one of those chargers and they all have the SMG's( MP5) shooting at you

If the FIB is supposed to be harder to defeat compared to the NOOSE, then what weapons do the FIB carry considering that the NOOSE each use an m4?  When do you see the FIB anyways?  Do they show up between 4-6 stars at random times? After all, even at six stars, you still see the NOOSE and police come after you.  What's the difference between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 stars anyways? I'm CONFUSED- lol

6 stars = FIB

There like 3 of the them in one of those chargers and they all have the SMG's( MP5) shooting at you

Theres an MP5 in GTA IV? I haven't seen any in the gun shops, and the SMG sold doesn't seem to resemble an MP5, looks kind of weird.