bst places for a shootout/standoff

burritos

your best places for a standoff or a shootout; mine would have to be, either the hospital or the bowling alley, at the hospital i get behind cover behind the soda machine and in the bowling alley i hide behind the desk and mow down cops with an ak-47 as they come piling in devil.gif

Epicohnoes!

Erm... I'd like to say this one building with a tower on top of it in Algonquin.

I watched my cousin shoot from that spot last week when he was over my house.

DriftNismo

The hospital i have to say. The enterable one on the first island i mean. I always hide behind the left wall (with the doors around the corner) and blast the police away thanks to the incredibly un-realistic rifle quickfiring biggrin.gif.

swolo yaggins

The Grotti dealership in East Middle Park in Algonquin. This is the place where you can steal the Turismo's. At night the front doors are locked and even if you blow out the windows, the police won't come in. Before starting your rampage, block the bottom of the staircase with a Turismo. When you get tired, steal a Turismo and drive off the balcony of the 2nd floor.

5192:12.3.02
LM/SSH

mkl

The hospital i have to say. The enterable one on the first island i mean. I always hide behind the left wall (with the doors around the corner) and blast the police away thanks to the incredibly un-realistic rifle quickfiring biggrin.gif.

Seconded. I love using the Desert Eagle to cause mass murder with headshots. Plus theirs the drinks machine you can go to for a health boost, and the medikit across the hall.

blackjack2

My favorite spot for shoot-outs hands down would have to be the parking garage at the airport. Just drive up there and create a little barricade in a corner and be prepared for the masses of "pigs" coming up the entrance ramps. I lasted about 20 min doing this on four stars and a $h!t load of ak-47 ammo. colgate.gif

Drippin'187

id have to say eithers a crane or the window cleaner pads that go up an down. i can sit here and hold off people forever without dying. also its fun to go high up and get a sniper and shoot someone talkin in a group so everyone jus runs around crazy

edit:i did some wrong direction so changed the southeastern part of island 3 to southwestern part of island 3...sorry!

Plumbers skyway southern part of island 3,go to the top of the oil tank's close to the skyway and block the stairs up.

Now most of the cops will arrive on the skyway,and either jump to there death or you could just shoot them in the legs and watch them fall in glorius euphoria style.

Plumbers skyway southwestern part of island 3, there are 3 tall oil tank's close to the skyway, take a heli and land on them,now when u look toward the skyway you will see a part of the guard rail is missing(stuntjump)this is the place of all places,again most of the cops will arrive at the skyway and jump of in a mass suicide or you could just shoot them but one cool thing with this place is the hole in the guard rail,becourse the cops dont break and will take the jump with thier cars,and you can just stand back and enjoy the nice stunt and following xplosion when they land 50 meters below. Uniqe and very rare place

Edited by yess

The Grotti dealership in East Middle Park in Algonquin. This is the place where you can steal the Turismo's. At night the front doors are locked and even if you blow out the windows, the police won't come in. Before starting your rampage, block the bottom of the staircase with a Turismo. When you get tired, steal a Turismo and drive off the balcony of the 2nd floor.

I second that, because your inside so choppers wont hit you plus the desk upstairs is good covering along with blowing up turismos for extra firepower. Then as Desmosedici said you can steal a turismo that is left ands just take off and run like hell away from the cops! sly.gif

Blackop_elite

Me and a buddy got 6 stars pretty quick at the ferry dock port on the middle island their is a health pack their by the water and a m4 always in from of you the helis cant get you because your covered, and the police have only one way to come in. For some reason they wont come in by water so all you have to worry about is what is in front of you. Oh and their are molotovs out front to so you can grab those and really cause havoc.

There are two Ive found. One is an alley way with only one entrance and is only one man wide. Perfect kill zone. The second is the bar with the darts. Hide behind the bar and blast anyone that comes in the door.

coffeebeans

The strip club.

I walk in, kill everybody. By then I have a considerable amount of police heading my way. Then I camp out in the manager's office (the door immediately to the left of the second entrance that leads into the club) and mow down the police that come in.

The broken bridge in dukes. Make the jump with a supply of heath, armor, weps, rpg. and you can pick off the cops on the dock. and shoot the birds out of the air.

Also before the jump for the bridge if you head north you find a little industrial zone, you can climb one of the towers and pick off cops that climb up the ladder one by one. An overhang covers you from choppers.

UndergroundKing

I do stand offs in just about every building. The BurgerShot and Dinners are pretty good. Just block one entrance with a vehicle and spray anyone who comes in the other. wink.gif

The Cable Car station in Colony Island is a great place to have a standoff, and you can make an awesome escape by jumping into the car before that final bullet hits you. Awesome stuff.

AntiPersonnel

The Cable Car station in Colony Island

i will have to try that

does anyone else know of any other good/exciting shootout places, where once you reach 6 stars for a considerable amount of time you are still able to ESCAPE and shake the wanted circle? none of these "barricade with one entrance" type hiding spots.

i only know of one other place.

Jack-Stowe

On the west edge of Algonquin near a dock area is a large silo type tower with a ladder going up. Its so tall your almost level height with choppers.

Its brilliant fun cus you can snipe the cops out of the sky.. and watch them plumet to the ground..

And the cops climb the ladder! so you can just stand casually at the top kicking or shooting as there almost at the top lol then its hilarious to see them fall back down.. Dying obiously..

Look for it. Great Fun but gets hard!

The Invisible Lines

I'll paste my reply to another thread about this from the other day:

Lately I've been having standoffs from the island in the big lake in Middle Park. I get a high wanted level, swim out to the lake, and just go to town. The police never reach the island so you can take out helis with the RPG and you can dust off the cops with the sniper rifle (or the M4, or any other long-distance weapon of choice) as they gather along the walkway on the other side of the water. Once in a while one will find their way to the island, but that's only if a heli crashes in the water and they live and swim over. I did this for a whole in-game day/night cycle before getting bored. It's also a good way to get your crime stats up.

AntiPersonnel

And the cops climb the ladder! so you can just stand casually at the top kicking

hahaha priceless

I like the apartment building in South Bohan; I usually start in the foyer, slip to either side of the inner doorway and just pot shot'm as they walk in. When the floor is suitably littered with pig carcasses, I start retreating up the stairs and will lay down lead for a while crouched near the top of the stairs. I find that if I hit'm as they walk in, they can't acquire the target so they can't get a shot off. I then work my way back toward the apt if I want to bring an end to the festivities- you need only lay down.

Metalhead4

Mine isn't a 6-star holdout spot where you have the unfair advantage, I love just goin in Star Junction and firing away until everyone splits and then once the police start coming, its a cat and mouse game of them chasing me through alleys and sh*t, pretty fun.

The Cluckin Bell in Broker is good for a shootout

also if u drive ur car into burger shot, then park ur car in front of the counter and jump behind the counter its perfect icon14.gif

It's too easy to die in the hospital.

I prefer the cluckin bell in algonquin, you can go behind the counter and the cops are too dumb to go through the door that leads to where you are (behind the cash register).

Also the police station in north east algonquin, at the very top cops don't flank you if they come by stairs, and taking out cops on thebottom is a breeze icon14.gifmonocle.gifcool.gif

user posted image

• 10 months later...

I second that, because your inside so choppers wont hit you plus the desk upstairs is good covering along with blowing up turismos for extra firepower. Then as Desmosedici said you can steal a turismo that is left ands just take off and run like hell away from the cops! sly.gif

Yeah Desmo, this is a good one--I'll try it today. A good standoff helps me vent when I've had a bad day =]

BBQ in the Vestibule:

It's prolly been covered but my fav is the safehouse in bohan. Prep the battlefield by taking a fast car and pushing one or both of the trash bins up the walkway in the back so NOOSE can't flank you. Get your 3-star in the street then take cover just inside the vestibule (after the 3 small stairs, before the main stairway). Stack a bunch of pig carcasses up just inside the doorway, and once you get 6 stars, throw some moltolvs and get a nice piggie roast going. This can be held indefinitely with nothing more than a desert eagle once the flames are going.

For added lulz, I'll have Packie rig me a bomb and will park it out in the middle of the street for when NOOSE stops charging with necessary fervor. If I want to take my chances, I'll have Dewayne send backup (they show up out front) to die up the cops while I sneak out the back (remember the fast car you left there?).

This is a nice way to get some inexpensive hardware early in the game since all you're using are combat pistol rounds, which are very easy to come by. Pick a moment where there are a lot of rifles laying about then go upstairs to save the game (it's always funny to hear stuff blowing up as Niko lays down for a nap). When you get up, run downstairs and into the streets and quickly pick up every piece you can. I've hauled in about 300rds pistol, 50 rds shotgun, 150rds mp5, and 200 or so rds of m4 in a single haul!

This topic is ten months old. It's even in the wrong section. There have been similar topics recently - post in those.