I don't know if you guys have noticed this...

baseball1332

baseball1332

...but there are way too many cops in this game.

Every time I want to take a car, I get a cop on my ass.

I have completed the game and I am now searching for the "Flying Rats".

I fire one bullet to kill the damn pigeon, and 8 out of 10 times I receive a wanted level. Even if I am on top of a roof, they will come after me. This gets extremely annoying at times.

What do you guys think?

(I'm not hating on the game...)

Edited by baseball1332

What do you guys think?

i think you are probably not very aware of whats going on around you.

my guess is because its based on NY and i may be wrong as i haven't been there but aren't there a lot of cops in NY

a silencer for a pistol or an alternate gun would have been useful because of this

I fire one bullet to kill the damn pigeon, and 8 out of 10 times I receive a wanted level. Even if I am on top of a roof, they will come after me. This gets extremely annoying at times. 

What do you guys think?

Yeah, there IS a lot of cops in New York. There has been for quite a while now, trying to reduce crime significantly (with success) to make the city, and tourists safer.

Also, cops don't have to be near you to get a wanted level, as pedestrians "report you" to the police.

Did you miss the part when Rockstar said there would be more consequences for your actions?

Edited by Jc84144

I find shooting the pigeons a bigger pain, as you're on foot. I can escape the cops in a car within 10 seconds. But, it does seem that every time I shoot a pigeon, the alarm goes off.

tarquin biscuitbarrel

it's not exactly hard to get away from 1 star though, iirc in previous games the cops shoot at you at 1 star. in gta4 at least the 1 star gives you a realistic chance to run away without getting shot at when you commit a petty offence.

What about different times of the day? Eg, 2-5am, are there peds around to report you?

baseball1332

I don't see how pedestrians can report me when I am on a roof. There are no pedestrians around me when I am on a roof (obviously), yet I still get a 1 start wanted level.

SyphonPayne

You have a problem with more cops? What is it you want to just freeroam around the game with no cops?

baseball1332

You have a problem with more cops? What is it you want to just freeroam around the game with no cops?

No. But getting a wanted level 150 times out of 200 pigeons killed is quite ridiculous.

I love the game don't get me wrong, I've just noticed that there are cops everywhere.

Yey i got chased more times shootin the rats than in the whole storyline but i suppose is the same for eveyone so theres nothin you can do but get on with it i suppose.

baseball1332

Yey i got chased more times shootin the rats than in the whole storyline but i suppose is the same for eveyone so theres nothin you can do but get on with it i suppose.

lol yeah, I feel the same.

DriftNismo

What do you guys think?

Jc84 is right, peds report you to the police too. Just look around to make sure no police are near. Just pretend it was real life, and how you would go about it in real life. When you do something you would expect would get police attention but doesn't, look around for anyone picking up their phone and take 'em out, that way you should have the police on you less. I think there are a lot less police in this game as there are in the other games now, and at least they're easy to lose in this game. Well, as long as you can drive, which i'm sure you can ;D.

the damn cops are annoying as hell, on my ass 24/7. sh*t pisses me off, who ever says the cops dont become to much is in denial and sucking gta's dick. cant even trip some one on MISTAKE with out damn cops busting shots in me. devil.gificon13.gif

baseball1332
Jc84 is right, peds report you to the police too. Just look around to make sure no police are near. Just pretend it was real life, and how you would go about it in real life. When you do something you would expect would get police attention but doesn't, look around for anyone picking up their phone and take 'em out, that way you should have the police on you less. I think there are a lot less police in this game as there are in the other games now, and at least they're easy to lose in this game. Well, as long as you can drive, which i'm sure you can ;D.

Yeah, at least it isn't a whole mission to escape from the cops.

the damn cops are annoying as hell, on my ass 24/7. sh*t pisses me off, who ever says the cops dont become to much is in denial and sucking gta's dick. cant even trip some one on MISTAKE with out damn cops busting shots in me. devil.gificon13.gif

Yeah honestly it pisses me off sometimes as well - like when I'm driving along, and a f*cking cop swerves into my lane, and HITS ME, and then I've got cops on my ass for it!

But whatever, it wouldn't be GTA without some of the typical technical-limitation BS that we know to expect tounge.gif heh...

It takes a lot of fun out of the game when you're trying to do something interesting, and you've got the cops on you all the time.

Having the 1 star is fine for me, but then they go to arrest me, I get out of it, then I have 2 stars and they shoot me to death in a matter of seconds..

A silencer AT LEAST would be nice.. I mean, come on, we can't use our guns at all without cops coming after us! Yes I know it's "realism" but this is a f*cking game! I want to have FUN in this game not play it like it's real life!

Can't even do something as stupid as shooting out all the cars tires, to drive on rims, without cops coming after you! I mean, come on! There's a ton of random things that I enjoy doing WITHOUT the cops on my ass about it all the time..

Just give us a silencer.. The silencer was USELESS in San Andreas but Rockstar included it anyway, and now we're really in need of one, but it's not there!

Seriously.. I'm a huge fan of Rockstar, I think they're one of the best developers out there, and I love their "take no sh*t" attitude about how they make their game - but for small things like this, they really had their head stuck up their ass.

"more consequences for your actions" - Our actions wouldn't be noticed all the damn time if there was some way to silence our loud ass guns.

I honestly think some developers are going too far when it comes to 'realism' - soon enough we'll be playing games that are identical to real life if this whole 'we need realism' deal keeps up.

Just give us a silencer.. The silencer was USELESS in San Andreas but Rockstar included it anyway, and now we're really in need of one, but it's not there!

I totally agree. When playing SA, i used that silenced pistol as much as possible, even when i know i shouldn't have. I was looking forward to using it in conjunction with the new wanted level system. I really hope it comes in a microtransaction eventually.

baseball1332

Exactly Will6969, there are times when having the cops after you is fun. No doubt that having an all out cop war is extremely fun. But many times, I don't want them on me, and they wont stop. One shot of the gun and they are on you. Sometimes having games that are too realistic can lose the fun in them.

Seriously.. I'm a huge fan of Rockstar, and I love their "take no sh*t" attitude about how they make their game

lolwut

Seriously.. I'm a huge fan of Rockstar, and I love their "take no sh*t" attitude about how they make their game

lolwut

They don't let politics and bs change their minds about what to put in the game, and they're not afraid to make fun of something/someone if they feel like it.

Just the way I've always looked at it anyway. Most other developers out there try their best to get as many advertisements as they can into their game (look at Guitar Hero 3, full of ads), but Rockstar instead just makes fun of it all.

But anyway, back on topic, my previous post is mainly pointed towards there being too many police in the game, or too much realism. The police can also be fun to screw with, but sometimes you want to to something different, and the way it feels right now is, we're being forced into dealing with the police all the time, or including the police in all the fun activities we might want to try out in the game. Turns some of those activities into a pain in the ass.. I haven't started shooting the pigeons for the reason stated by the OP - every time I come across one, I'm not in the mood to deal with the police, so I just don't shoot it.

I'm 60% through the game, and I haven't killed 1 pigeon yet. All because I get tired of dealing with the police. confused.gif

lolwut

They don't let politics and bs change their minds about what to put in the game, and they're not afraid to make fun of something/someone if they feel like it.

Just the way I've always looked at it anyway. Most other developers out there try their best to get as many advertisements as they can into their game (look at Guitar Hero 3, full of ads), but Rockstar instead just makes fun of it all.

But anyway, back on topic, my previous post is mainly pointed towards there being too many police in the game, or too much realism. The police can also be fun to screw with, but sometimes you want to to something different, and the way it feels right now is, we're being forced into dealing with the police all the time, or including the police in all the fun activities we might want to try out in the game. Turns some of those activities into a pain in the ass.. I haven't started shooting the pigeons for the reason stated by the OP - every time I come across one, I'm not in the mood to deal with the police, so I just don't shoot it.

I'm 60% through the game, and I haven't killed 1 pigeon yet. All because I get tired of dealing with the police. confused.gif

Ah alright, I get you.

But on the police thing, I don't have the game (exams now, no console, waiting for pc version, etc, etc...), but tell me, is there any place in the city where you can just fire rounds off without getting a wanted level? If not, that's pretty lame and restricting.

baseball1332
Ah alright, I get you.

But on the police thing, I don't have the game (exams now, no console, waiting for pc version, etc, etc...), but tell me, is there any place in the city where you can just fire rounds off without getting a wanted level? If not, that's pretty lame and restricting.

I don't think so. I haven't seen a place yet. Maybe way far off into the water, where there is absolutely nobody.

Ah alright, I get you.

I don't think so. I haven't seen a place yet. Maybe way far off into the water, where there is absolutely nobody.

Seriously.... Not even an abandoned lot or some construction site?

baseball1332
Ah alright, I get you.

Seriously.... Not even an abandoned lot or some construction site?

Umm...yeah there are some abandoned places (the abandoned hospital for example), but I'm sure that if you shot a couple of rounds, the cops will be on you.

Oh lots of abandoned lots, even an old mansion way up in the corner of the third island where it doesn't look like there's anybody around, but just as you shoot a gun, some hobo warming his hands up by the fire will whip out a cell phone and dial 911. LOL

Maybe that's it, there's hobo's EVERYWHERE you go, even in the Subway system underground, maybe they all have cell phones? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

baseball1332
Oh lots of abandoned lots, even an old mansion way up in the corner of the third island where it doesn't look like there's anybody around, but just as you shoot a gun, some hobo warming his hands up by the fire will whip out a cell phone and dial 911. LOL

Maybe that's it, there's hobo's EVERYWHERE you go, even in the Subway system underground, maybe they all have cell phones? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

hahahaha hobos with cell phones. who knows....maybe. lol colgate.gifbiggrin.gif

That's what they're using that money you throw at them for! A cell phone plan!

It all makes sense now. Yup too many hobos. Knife 'em all before you try doing anything with your gun, or they'll get your ass busted.