Love this game, love it...............

garywobby

Ok, gotta start by saying this is NOT another hate thread because I absolutely love this game and it's a game that once completed I know i'll go back to again and again, like I have with all the other GTA's.

But now I am reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy p*ssed at one thing in the game and I just wanna know if anyone else has experienced this same thing.

I collected all 200 flying rats the other day and it took me a long time, some are really hard to find, once i'd got the last one I thought i'd go and have a little mess about in the annihalator that i'd earned through my hours of hard work so I got a taxi to the METV building, got up to the heli-pad but it wasn't there. I thought OK i'll give it a bit longer because maybe it needs time to spawn in it's location, but now three days later and another few hours of playing it still isn't there.

WHY NOT???????????????

Has this happened to anyone else??????????

BTW i've also gone to the Heli-pad on top of the police station where there's supposed to be another one but that also isn't there and i've been there four times so far. All I wanna do is fly low and blow sh*t up but I can't.

get one from the airport, you get 4 stars, but the cop choppers don't give much trouble.

-wic

Ok, gotta start by saying this is NOT another hate thread because I absolutely love this game and it's a game that once completed I know i'll go back to again and again, like I have with all the other GTA's.

But now I am reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy p*ssed at one thing in the game and I just wanna know if anyone else has experienced this same thing.

I collected all 200 flying rats the other day and it took me a long time, some are really hard to find, once i'd got the last one I thought i'd go and have a little mess about in the annihalator that i'd earned through my hours of hard work so I got a taxi to the METV building, got up to the heli-pad but it wasn't there. I thought OK i'll give it a bit longer because maybe it needs time to spawn in it's location, but now three days later and another few hours of playing it still isn't there.

WHY NOT???????????????

BTW i've also gone to the Heli-pad on top of the police station where there's supposed to be another one but that also isn't there and i've been there four times so far. All I wanna do is fly low and blow sh*t up but I can't.

hahaha why would you waste time searching for damn birds ? and just put the damn cheat code in to get it. simple as that devil.gificon13.gif

WHY NOT???????????????

hahaha why would you waste time searching for damn birds ? and just put the damn cheat code in to get it. simple as that devil.gificon13.gif

Firstly, I like to play games the best I can and get the full 100% or as near to it as I can, it feels more like an achievement to me that way, secondly I DON'T and never have or will cheat on a game, I find it pointless, spending all that money on a game and then finishing it in no time because I put in a cheat for more health or better weapons or the helicopter. If I get a helicopter it's because i've earned it and NOT cheated to get it. Thirdly, if you wanna cheat at a game that's your choice but don't come on here laughing because somebody actually likes to play a game the way it's intended to be played.

WHY NOT???????????????

Firstly, I like to play games the best I can and get the full 100% or as near to it as I can, it feels more like an achievement to me that way, secondly I DON'T and never have or will cheat on a game, I find it pointless, spending all that money on a game and then finishing it in no time because I put in a cheat for more health or better weapons or the helicopter. If I get a helicopter it's because i've earned it and NOT cheated to get it. Thirdly, if you wanna cheat at a game that's your choice but don't come on here laughing because somebody actually likes to play a game the way it's intended to be played.

Fair point, but cheats were intentially put in the game so you could argue that the game is supposed to be completed by cheating turn.gif

Besides, if you have done everything for the chopper and it hasn't spawned, them simply use the cheat to get it. Or if you have such a taboo about using cheats then go to the place where it is supposed to spawn and spawn it yourself with the cheats. You're not cheating anyone, you are simply getting what you've earned.

Quick questions for GTA 4 players:

Do police helicopters shoot at you? If so, with what?

For people who have flown the Annihilator, what's it like? What are the guns like? Can you do Vigilante missions with it? How tough is it?

Cronos_Vengence

WHY NOT???????????????

I didn't realize video games were taken so seriously. Don't get me wrong, you are welcome to do with the game as you wish, and if you find the enjoyment level higher when you don't cheat...you should. But, since you did say you never have...the obvious thing to come to mind is that you don't know if the enjoyment level is higher or not. I am of course not saying that you should try and beat the game with the codes...just that maybe you should make a separate save and use the codes on there just to try it out. Having a rooftop killing spree upon the cops with 6 stars is quite fun...but without codes...it is short lived. This is entertainment, have fun. If you try it out, on the before mentioned save as I do, you might find it quite enjoyable. Then again, you may not. But how will you know, unless you try it?

Quick questions for GTA 4 players:

Do police helicopters shoot at you? If so, with what?

For people who have flown the Annihilator, what's it like? What are the guns like? Can you do Vigilante missions with it? How tough is it?

police choppers have two guys shooting with hand held guns, the anhillator (comes after 4 or 5 or 6 stars) uses miniguns

i find it hard to hit anything with the miniguns, but that's just propably me.

you can't do vigilante in chopper, you have to access police car computer with LB while stopped.

i haven't tried vigilances in chopper tough , so i might be wrong!

-wic

Edited by wictro

Cheating doesn't add fun for me, it takes away from it. To each their own, however. As for the OP - that is strange...it is an achievement and apparently you've unlocked it. I wonder...how far along in the story campaign are you? I'm wonderin if it makes a difference.

Firstly, I like to play games the best I can and get the full 100% or as near to it as I can, it feels more like an achievement to me that way

If doing a lot of useless unfun sh*t in a videogame feels like an accomplishment to you, you seriously need to get a life.

Firstly, I like to play games the best I can and get the full 100% or as near to it as I can, it feels more like an achievement to me that way

If doing a lot of useless unfun sh*t in a videogame feels like an accomplishment to you, you seriously need to get a life.

Chill.

Everyone's got their own playstyle... just b/c he "puts in work" in his games doesn't mean he doesn't have a life. He never said he was playing it 80 hours a week or anything.

GtaFan-atic

chills ppl. every1 plays games differently. cheating or not.. me i like 2 finish a game without cheating and when i start again i have fun with the cheats (sometimes) haha that my playing style

xerostatus

not trying to be an ass or anything... but with all that talk of not cheating... how exactly did you find all 200 birds? lol.gif

Coltrane's Muse

The "Russian" strikes again. Get those ovens ready; it's roasting time.

user posted image

I've had the game for over 2 weeks now and i've clocked 37 hours on it so far, unfortunately I do have a life, probably more so than you.

not trying to be an ass or anything... but with all that talk of not cheating... how exactly did you find all 200 birds? lol.gif

happy.gif lol...I see your point, I got a copy of the birds and USJ locations from a mates strategy guide, I don't consider that as cheating myself because without a map there'd be absolutely no chance of finding them all. What I consider cheating is using the codes for extra health when you're low, better weapons and spawning vehicles, also I consider looking at the strategy guide for help on tough missions cheating, I just keep trying different methods and eventually I get one that works for me.

I might try that extra save idea though, lol.gif lol, i've never cheated at a game before though so it might go against all my principles. might be a bit hard for me to do.

Dude its apartof the game if you dont do it youll never complete it. Everyone can do what they want with there game so back off retard.

Dude its apartof the game if you dont do it youll never complete it. Everyone can do what they want with there game so back off retard.

happy.gificon14.gif

DriftNismo
Cheating doesn't add fun for me, it takes away from it. To each their own, however. As for the OP - that is strange...it is an achievement and apparently you've unlocked it. I wonder...how far along in the story campaign are you? I'm wonderin if it makes a difference.

Same for me, plus it's so much better to go to a friend's house and see the "Warning - Cheats have been entered" sign everytime they go to save and then when they come round my place and i save it and i have no warning their face drops biggrin.gif.

That's weird though OP. Maybe you haven't got all the birds, that's the only explanation i can find. Or maybe the save is slightly corrupt, but that would mean you would have to start a new game which would be quite crap. Good luck finding out what happened though mate.

Personally, getting the pigeons was actually a fun little thing. And it allowed me to see much more of LC than I would have otherwise.

.Up&Coming.

WHY NOT???????????????

R* released the cheats. They didn't even put penalties on cheats codes for 100% club. I think it's intended to be played however someone wants.

I used to cheat on all the old GTA's, but in this one I haven't even thought about it.

Really, no one cares about how great you are without cheating...And no one cares to see you bash someone because they do use cheats. Some people use them for fun. I always do after I beat the story.

As for your helicopter, I really don't know anything about it.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

WHY NOT???????????????

R* released the cheats. They didn't even put penalties on cheats codes for 100% club. I think it's intended to be played however someone wants.

I used to cheat on all the old GTA's, but in this one I haven't even thought about it.

Really, no one cares about how great you are without cheating...And no one cares to see you bash someone because they do use cheats. Some people use them for fun. I always do after I beat the story.

I haven't bashed anybody for using cheats, I was bashed for NOT using cheats, for a start I definitely aren't a great gamer as you say I am, I always get my arse kicked online because there's always better than me out there, all I was saying is that I enjoy playing games WITHOUT cheats because then I feel a sense of achievement when I finally do something i've failed miserably loads of times before.

Cheating doesn't add fun for me, it takes away from it.  To each their own, however.  As for the OP - that is strange...it is an achievement and apparently you've unlocked it.  I wonder...how far along in the story campaign are you?  I'm wonderin if it makes a difference.

Same for me, plus it's so much better to go to a friend's house and see the "Warning - Cheats have been entered" sign everytime they go to save and then when they come round my place and i save it and i have no warning their face drops biggrin.gif.

That's weird though OP. Maybe you haven't got all the birds, that's the only explanation i can find. Or maybe the save is slightly corrupt, but that would mean you would have to start a new game which would be quite crap. Good luck finding out what happened though mate.

Well according to my stats I've got all 200 pigeons sooooooo I guess that means no-body else has had this happen then? Maybe i'm just unlucky, when I played LCS on PSP I did the avenging angels in Portland and was supposed to get a bullet proof bike outside my safehouse but that never spawned neither.

DAMN MY SH*TTY LUCK.

WHY NOT???????????????

You're the sort of person that complains that the game has a lack of features, so how does that work then?

The world is getting dumber every day. confused.gif

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

i remember cheating as a kid and my dad kinda having ago at me i now understand why and i regret cheating theres no point in paying for a game to cheat it you might aswel rent it for 3pound for 2nights save your self 37quid

.Up&Coming.

WHY NOT???????????????

I haven't bashed anybody for using cheats, I was bashed for NOT using cheats, for a start I definitely aren't a great gamer as you say I am, I always get my arse kicked online because there's always better than me out there, all I was saying is that I enjoy playing games WITHOUT cheats because then I feel a sense of achievement when I finally do something i've failed miserably loads of times before.

Don't worry, I know what you mean. For some reason, this game makes me not to want to use cheats. In the other games I didn't care, but it just feels weird using cheats for this game.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz