Car Modding?!? Erm . . .

6rand 7h3ft Aut0

6rand 7h3ft Aut0

i might be sounding stupid since im only 53% complete,there might be goodies on the way,but where has the ability to pimp your ride gone? loads of new cars to mess about in but no option to personalise.Im lucky if the car even gets a different colour when i get it sprayed let alone being able to slam it onto a fresh set of 20s.Ok so its never been an integral part of the game but with so much detail on car models i thought it would be a feature

A sad miss i think

Yeah, shame customizing was taken out, although Brucie is always going on about modding cars, talking about spinning rims and what not.

Then on top of that, R* teases us with variants of car types. Such as the Blista Compact with an Si wing on it. Or the Rasta Colored Land Rover.

i might be sounding stupid since im only 53% complete,there might be goodies on the way,but where has the ability to pimp your ride gone? loads of new cars to mess about in but no option to personalise.Im lucky if the car even gets a different colour when i get it sprayed let alone being able to slam it onto a fresh set of 20s.Ok so its never been an integral part of the game but with so much detail on car models i thought it would be a feature

A sad miss i think

How big is that rock you're living under?

Yeah, shame customizing was taken out, although Brucie is always going on about modding cars, talking about spinning rims and what not.

taken out? it was never in the game...

San Andreas was a totally different engine so none of that backend work can be carried over into GTAIV. you can't remove what was never there.

It's just my opinion, but the discussions about "removing" jet packs & customizing cars would be the same as complaining that they took out the Empire State Building out of Spiderman if Peter Parker moved to Cleveland. ph34r.gif

It's just my opinion, but the discussions about "removing" jet packs & customizing cars would be the same as complaining that they took out the Empire State Building out of Spiderman if Peter Parker moved to Cleveland. ph34r.gif

nice analogy but now you're going to get some moron who says, "It might be a different city but it's still GTA, weres ma BMXtattooweightgaincarmodclubhands?"

Catalinaslover

R.I.P car mod your greatly missed.

Whatever, taken out-not put in, R* did not put in enough for the gamers or read the players interest perfect...

However, they are rich as hell already and will make another kill when DLC is coming out.

It's more like taking out shooting webs from his wrists because they are not realistic enough.

It's more like taking out shooting webs from his wrists because they are not realistic enough.

I'm not sure we can go down that road... if you want to take all of the non-realism out of SpiderMan, you'd have nothing left but an average guy, who's still a nerd and wouldn't even think of fighting crime.

Whatever, taken out-not put in, R* did not put in enough for the gamers or read the players interest perfect...

However, they are rich as hell already and will make another kill when DLC is coming out.

Honestly, I don't think reading the players interest perfect is the issue. I think the story they wrote for SA included all of those elements (even the riots cheat, since there were riots as part of the story). Where as the story for IV didn't have those, so there was no need to include them. Yes, I think some of them would've been nice to see, but having no part in the story, can you honestly expect them to be there?

Why do you need planes when the WHOLE story is in 1 city?

Why would you have jetpacks when they're government technology that hasn't been released. They don't work on those type of things in the city... they do it on some isolated base. (Then again, there are 2 companies out that are marketing jetpacks now. Flight times are significantly under a minute though).

Car mods? In a place as big/crowded as New York? I'm sure there are some, but not as prevalant as other places.

Edited by Fizziii

I'm not sure we can go down that road... if you want to take all of the non-realism out of SpiderMan, you'd have nothing left but an average guy, who's still a nerd and wouldn't even think of fighting crime.

No argument here. I definitely do not want to take non-realism out. I wouldn't be playing games at all if I did.

Catalinaslover

Honestly, I don't think reading the players interest perfect is the issue. I think the story they wrote for SA included all of those elements (even the riots cheat, since there were riots as part of the story). Where as the story for IV didn't have those, so there was no need to include them. Yes, I think some of them would've been nice to see, but having no part in the story, can you honestly expect them to be there?

Why do you need planes when the WHOLE story is in 1 city?

Why would you have jetpacks when they're government technology that hasn't been released. They don't work on those type of things in the city... they do it on some isolated base. (Then again, there are 2 companies out that are marketing jetpacks now. Flight times are significantly under a minute though).

Car mods? In a place as big/crowded as New York? I'm sure there are some, but not as prevalant as other places.

Yea the web analogy is right on what happend here LMAO

NY is the city that always sleep...nothing goin on there people, nothing to see,move on.

Edited by Catalinaslover

Why would you have jetpacks when they're government technology that hasn't been released.

Um... because it's fun? It doesn't have to be jetpacks either. How about something new, that's completely optional and completely silly. Just in the name of fun... I really don't want to justify why I can't have fun in a game...

Car mods?  In a place as big/crowded as New York?  I'm sure there are some, but not as prevalant as other places.

Are you serious? You do know that one of the MAIN characters has a mod shop that advertises mods on the radio, right?

Why would you have jetpacks when they're government technology that hasn't been released.

Um... because it's fun? It doesn't have to be jetpacks either. How about something new, that's completely optional and completely silly. Just in the name of fun... I really don't want to justify why I can't have fun in a game...

Car mods?  In a place as big/crowded as New York?  I'm sure there are some, but not as prevalant as other places.

Are you serious? You do know that one of the MAIN characters has a mod shop that advertises mods on the radio, right?

Yes, it's fun. Yet that doesn't mean it has to be fun in every game. Not every fun game has a jetpack, does it? Just because it was in one in the series doesn't mean it fits in every game. I agree, it would be fun, but it doesn't really fit here.

As far as your other comment... I'll try and go remove my foot from my mouth. I don't think modded cars are as high in LC(NYC) as other areas, but I missed the character owning the mod shop part.

Edited by Fizziii

Yes, it's fun. Yet that doesn't mean it has to be fun in every game. Not every fun game has a jetpack, does it? Just because it was in one in the series doesn't mean it fits in every game. I agree, it would be fun, but it doesn't really fit here.

Again, it doesn't have to be a jetpack... but NOTHING just isn't as fun as a jetpack. I don't understand the rationale that you replace something with nothing and that somehow makes the game/series/whatever better. The argument I've been seeing is realism. But realism isn't fun. If it were, I would be doing real things in real life instead of fake things in video games.

I understand that some people don't want jetpacks. But the beauty of 'optional' means that those who want jetpacks or whatever silly novelty vehicle/weapon/property/haircut can have them, and those that do not want them, can choose not to have them. It's kinda win-win if you ask me.

Yes, it's fun.  Yet that doesn't mean it has to be fun in every game.  Not every fun game has a jetpack, does it?  Just because it was in one in the series doesn't mean it fits in every game.  I agree, it would be fun, but it doesn't really fit here.

Again, it doesn't have to be a jetpack... but NOTHING just isn't as fun as a jetpack. I don't understand the rationale that you replace something with nothing and that somehow makes the game/series/whatever better. The argument I've been seeing is realism. But realism isn't fun. If it were, I would be doing real things in real life instead of fake things in video games.

I understand that some people don't want jetpacks. But the beauty of 'optional' means that those who want jetpacks or whatever silly novelty vehicle/weapon/property/haircut can have them, and those that do not want them, can choose not to have them. It's kinda win-win if you ask me.

I completely agree with you. I just see both sides of the argument though. I also agree that realism isn't a replacement for stuff. Afterall if you keep adding realism, and taking away features... you'll end up with real life.

ericwells7777

I cant believe all the controversy surrounding the car modding issue...I was extremely bummed when I found out there were no shops to customize my cars at...especially after reading Brucies little web site page that talks about pimping out your rides with grilles,spinning rims and even an "ejector seat" (how wicked would that have been)...I cant believe R* didnt put this in the game and I know Im beating a dead horse here but it has been included in every gta game thus far with the exception of 1 and 2... gta3,vice city and san andreas all had the option of tricking out your rides and now that we gamers finally got our hands on a badass console like the 360 or even the ps3 what do we get....better graphics and a nice targeting/cover system....yess the city is fantastic and yes Im having fun playing the game BUT I have also played Saints Row and that game being a direct GTA "RIPOFF" was and is actually a good game and it has awesome car modding options in it....when I played saints row the first thing I thought was WOW, this looks great and is really fun to play and it made me think about how unbelievable GTA4 would be and it is unbelievable but its also unbelievable that they didnt put in one of the coolest aspects of the genre....Im sorry but now I find myself REALLY looking forward to Saints Row 2 which should be out soon because VOLITION said that they only upped their game from their last entry....This time around you can and will see helicopters, boats, new cars and even jet ski's....this has all been confirmed and even a more extensive car modding option...so Im looking forward to it and please dont get me wrong...I am a GTA fan for life....and I seriously hope to see a GTA5,6,7...etc but I also hope to see R* take a few notes and give the fans back the things they really have fun with, jet packs, flame throwers, harrier jets, CAR MODDING...etc,etc....I would have waited another year for these options and I think a few others would have as well.....so untill next time around...I'll go have fun shooting pigeons and driveing drunk....Peace!

I completely agree with you.  I just see both sides of the argument though.  I also agree that realism isn't a replacement for stuff.  Afterall if you keep adding realism, and taking away features... you'll end up with real life.

Exactly, and to see GTA VII as a life simulator where you work at a cubicle for 8 hours today for 20 bucks an hour, have to sit in traffic and apply for a firearm license, spending 20 years in jail the first time you are busted would just be a tragic shame.

Catalinaslover

Afterall if you keep adding realism, and taking away features... you'll end up with real life.

Nope.

You end up with a video game.

Irl i could choose to do all those side things that was in last Gta, except for jetpack,some more difficult then other, for instance to drive a tank or flying a jet i would have to join the military but none of it is unreal.

Afterall if you keep adding realism, and taking away features... you'll end up with real life.

Nope.

You end up with a video game.

Irl i could choose to do all those side things that was in last Gta, except for jetpack,some more difficult then other, for instance to drive a tank or flying a jet i would have to join the military but none of it is unreal.

No, with enough money, you could do the Jetpack, too (granted, the time you could fly is around 30 seconds if I recall correctly). (I think they go for $250K or so).

I spent alot of time on SA customizing cars and stuff. So not having a modding shop to goof around with is sad..... but ill just wait for it to come out on pc. There will be so many custom car skins and mods and someone is bound to do a mod shop modification. IF they plan on making it for pc as well.