PS3 Update Goes Live?

DeadShock

Just updated PS3 and IV's online is frozen. Could be a coincidence. Does anyone know what the patch included?

The update went live forever ago... I updated it and nothing happened to my online play... Except, my Autosave slot was GONE...

How could it have been gone forever ago? I constantly check for updates and you need the updates to play online; which I did earlier today.

How could it have been gone forever ago? I constantly check for updates and you need the updates to play online; which I did earlier today.

I don't know. Unless they released a 2nd update...

The patch was released May 7th.

I'm sort of upset, because my autosave slot was gone after I updated, and I got some save in slot 2, but it took me back down to like 30%, and I was at 45% before I updated. sad.gif

I'm positive they just released a new update. Check, if you haven't. confused.gif No way in hell this is last week's patch. suicidal.gif

Coltrane's Muse

It's supposedly a patch to rectify "incompatibility problems" caused by earlier PS3 models. A crock, if you ask me.

user posted image

It's supposedly a patch to rectify "incompatibility problems" caused by earlier PS3 models. A crock, if you ask me.

Lame. Wasted playing time; even though my Multiplayer isn't working now anyways.

How could it have been gone forever ago?  I constantly check for updates and you need the updates to play online; which I did earlier today.

I don't know. Unless they released a 2nd update...

The patch was released May 7th.

I'm sort of upset, because my autosave slot was gone after I updated, and I got some save in slot 2, but it took me back down to like 30%, and I was at 45% before I updated. sad.gif

He means a PS3 Firmware update not the GTA patch.

Well, is anyone having problems after the update?

Coltrane's Muse
Well, is anyone having problems after the update?

I wouldn't know, seeing as I've yet to download the so-called "update" for myself.

user posted image

Ohhhh, the PS3 got an update.

I don't know, let me update and I'll let you know if I have any problems. Give me a few minutes. smile.gif

My PS3 is connected through my router so everytime I turn on my Playstation it let's me know if there's an update, and there hasnt been anything this week, in fact I'm pretty sure the last update was in April.

Either way, I havent had any problems with GTA freezing at all.

(not sure if it matters, but i'm using the 80GB PS3)

Well my IV just froze on a loading screen and I'm just going to shut down my PS3 for tonight. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but if everyone experiences problems after the update, please post so I know.

Well my IV just froze on a loading screen and I'm just going to shut down my PS3 for tonight. I'm sure it's just coincidence, but if everyone experiences problems after the update, please post so I know.

Alright, I just now updated my PS3 firmware, and joined an online game, there were no problems for me.

However, I haven't had any problems with GTA IV freezing, ever.

Sorry for your misfortune! confused.gif

Reincarnated Kenji

I just installed the update and went on multiplayer. There was no problems durning the update, initial game load or multiplayer. I have played multiplayer for 30 minutes now. It may just be a coincidence.

hmmm where did it freeze for you? i just updated and went to do multiplayer, picked a game n whatnot hit start and now im at a screen that says starting game in the lower corner, its been like this for a few minutes and nothing is happening

EDIT* I just got on and was playing deathmatch for about 20 minutes, went thru a whole round. Its actually the first deathmatch for me, i might get hooked haha

Edited by deimos256

I just reset my PS3 and got the update too.

Here's what little details were given for this FW update:

The folks at the official US Sony PlayStation blog announced that a new firmware update for the PlayStation 3 would be coming out. And true enough, not long after a short wrestling match with the PlayStation 3 and an unyielding Ethernet cable, we've spotted it tapping our shoulders and inviting us to upgrade.

Sony says that the new firmware is to address performance in unnamed PS3 games, although an air of speculation has been pointing to Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) stalling issues.

The gaming giant stood firm that the fix has nothing to do with Grand Theft Auto 4, however.

Whatever the case, we'll be on a lookout for more clues to this minor five step jump from the previous firmware revision. 'Till then, time to upgrade, dear readers!

Thanks for the tip, Luis!

[Via Sony PlayStation Blogs]

What I have read elsewhere in the troubleshooting section, where this topic should be, is that the newer PS3s needed a game update and the older PS3s with backwards compatibility needed a firmware upgrade.

If you have a newer PS3 it will do nothing, but the firmware upgrade would have to be universal to keep the upgrades synched for all machines.

The previous download was a game update if I remember correctly.

tarquin biscuitbarrel

i don't believe in firmware. every time i've used it to try to fix something it always makes it worse.

xenorevlis

If anything, the next major firmware release will have fixes for GTA IV and maybe a special addition or two for the PS3 XMB biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, HOME was announced to come out in November as open beta >_<

If anything, the next major firmware release will have fixes for GTA IV and maybe a special addition or two for the PS3 XMB biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, HOME was announced to come out in November as open beta >_<

I think the in-game XMB will be with the Home update.

Anyway I updated to 2.35 this morning and GTA IV still plays fine.