All I Knew...

saltinespike

saltinespike

Prologue

I did what I do best: killed the man assigned to me. I remember the details. It was a foggy dawn off the coast of San Francisco, ships howled into the misty air as the faded lights of the Golden Gate gleamed through the clouds that engulfed us. The rumbling bellow of the tankers was loud enough to drown out the sound of the gunshots, which left me with an easy out from the massacre I left. Only eight days later, I was arrested on suspicion of a possible mass murder.

That’s the downside to being an assassin; your employer never claims responsibility, and I still had enough decency to let him free. ‘Perhaps he can help me,’ I thought; that slim chance was left to none. Roy McAuburn left me to the justice system, using my dignity to cover his trail, in case I had spoken eventually. I never did.

The only morsel of questionable hope lied on the woman that had just entered the room, my lawyer. Raw emotion locked between us when our eyes met. We both knew each other, from many years ago. We were high school sweethearts, nearly bound to marriage before I went into the Force. Of us, she was the only one to fulfill her promises, to her and I both.

I wasn’t sure what to think of the sudden reintroduction or whether this was good or bad. I knew she would withdraw from the case immediately, but my instinct told me otherwise. Over everything, I didn’t care what the verdict came out to be. I had nothing to lose – at least before she came in.

---

Not sure what to make of this yet. Just came up with a general idea for a story and wrote it down. Tell me what you think so far.

Edited by saltinespike

I said colon after assassin, not semi-colon. And it's two dashes for quotes. One dash is for a quote inside a quote. (lol nitpicking)

As I said on MSN (other than all the criticism), it's really nice. Can't wait for the rest, but next time, don't spoil it by sending me 75% of it before posting it. mad.gif

Slosten.gif

Vercetti21

Only eight days later, I was arrested on suspicion of a possible genocide.

Shouldn't that be "homicide"?

Anyways, it's pretty short for a prologue but I like what I see so far. The story is original as far as I know, and your writing and diction continues to impress.

Also, haven't been on MSN in awhile due to personal sh*t, but I should be back next week.

So I guess you abandoned the "corner" topic?

saltinespike

Only eight days later, I was arrested on suspicion of a possible genocide.

Shouldn't that be "homicide"?

Nope. Perhaps "mass murder" will work better. smile.gif

So I guess you abandoned the "corner" topic?

Pretty much. Might return to it in the long run, but nobody'll read from it.

Edited by saltinespike