Life of a Ped! Very fun!

KungZoo

A lot of people underestimate how smart and technical NPC's are. We drive by thousands of them thinking that all they do is walk in circles. There's more to them than just that. I spent about a whole in-game day following a black dude with a hat. Here's how our fant-abulous day went! sigh.gif

1. Hit black man's car (by accident!)

2. Black man got out and pulled me out of my car.

3. I got punched in the face multiple times and walked a short distance away.

4. Blackey begins walking south.

5. I follow behind a couple meters.

6. About 2 hours of walking...

7. Blackey orders a hot dog.

8. Walking...

9. Blackey turns corner, and walks into dark alley. sly.gif

10. Blackey meets up with 2 gangsters and they start talking about dope.

11. Blackey leaves alley, and walks out into street.

12. I follow him into Cluckin' Bell.

13. He stands there for a little bit.

14. We walk back out.

15. Blackey tries to jack a car and cops begin chasing after him! cry.gif

16. I get on a Faggio scooter to keep up (looong chase!)

17. Blackey gets shot in the back but keeps running.

18. He gets caught eventually and is thrown into police car.

19. I follow police car all the way to Alderney State Penetentiary.

20. I walk away with awe and amazement.

Very real.....To everyone who complains about GTA4 not having anything to do after beating the game, try following a typical ped. They lead far more interesting lives than quite a few major characters in the game.

By the way, don't be offended by "Blackey". I'm part black, so my intentions aren't bad, lol.

FREE DWAYNE FORGE!

Mr. Someguy

Wait, the cop cars actually go to the penitentiary after arresting people?

FrozenFire

I've done this occasionally orly.gif

The peds have such diverse activities that you see them doing, as well. One dude was sitting on a ledge smoking, and I was so amazed I gave him a congratulatory push, and he fell about 20 feet to his death.

Gtafan3394life

Not really...I'm not dissing GTA4.

They seem cool and alive but not what I was hopeing for.

They are too boreing...they never car jack, never rob people, never beat up cops and never break laws. It still feels like I'm the olny one breaking laws and they are just perfect angels.

The whores are the olny peds that act like criminals.

I was hopeing for a "crime-city"...I wanted to see peds walk around with ski masks on.

Cyberpunx182

i've seen loads of them commit crimes. and get hauled away. didnt realise they go to the prison though i may have to follow the next one i see (by that i mean attack someone that will fight back and make them follow me to near a police officer)

Yeah I guess so! It's pretty awesome. The black dude got out the car and the cops were just keeping him outside the pen. walls. Another cool thing is making cops VS. Liberty City battles. Just shoot at a cop when you see one, make sure there's lots of peds, and when the cops fire back I got a lot of gangsters to help me out. Gangsters aren't so common on the streets so I was kind of surprised. 3 of em just pulled out uzi's and fired at the coppers and then 2 bums started punching cops. It was a riot! In the end I lost both bums and 2 gangsters. The other one is...well missing. A cop car slammed him over the bridge...he probably died. sad.gif But it was fun.

FREE DWAYNE FORGE!

deathdealer

They are too boreing...they never car jack, never rob people, never beat up cops and never break laws. It still feels like I'm the olny one breaking laws and they are just perfect angels.

I was hopeing for a "crime-city"...I wanted to see peds walk around with ski masks on.

um, did you read the topic starter's post? dozingoff.gif

OMG LOL! I never thought of following one. How bout that one black dude ranting/preaching. Have you ever seen him? lol.gif

Gtafan3394life

um, did you read the topic starter's post? dozingoff.gif

yeah. I just don't feel like makeing a topic about almost the same thing.

But in a real city the majority of citizens are law-abiding and even the criminals won't openly commit crimes to be sen by the Police.

I haven't played the game yet, but this sounds amazing. More people should do this and post what happened.

Also @ FrozenFire: Haha! That's amazing!

user posted image

Gtafan3394life

But in a real city the majority of citizens are law-abiding and even the criminals won't openly commit crimes to be sen by the Police.

I haven't played the game yet, but this sounds amazing. More people should do this and post what happened.

Also @ FrozenFire: Haha! That's amazing!

Heres a story.

I'm in the projects driveing around hit a guy and he bumps into a cop after that the guy and the cop starts fighting and the guy friend pulls out a 9 and starts shooting at the cop.

That's the olny thing I seen so far after weeks of playing.

Mr_Prickles

3. I got punched in the face multiple times [by the black man] and walked a short distance away.

10. [The black man] meets up with 2 gangsters and they start talking about dope.

(Not really "illegal" but maybe drugs were bought wow.gif)

15. [The black man] tries to jack a car and cops begin chasing after him! cry.gif

17. [The black man] gets shot in the back but keeps running.

Nope, no criminal acts at all. Perfect angels.

Gtafan3394life

3. I got punched in the face multiple times [by the black man] and walked a short distance away.

10. [The black man] meets up with 2 gangsters and they start talking about dope.

15. [The black man] tries to jack a car and cops begin chasing after him! cry.gif

Dude that was IMO.

I don't know what in the world this guy been doing to make the peds act that way.

Maybe he hit them 1st...no ped in IV will just randomly hit you for no reason.

Mr_Prickles

He bumped the guy's car, that pissed him off, so he beat Niko up, so then he decided to play the stalker game.

Why don't you try just walking around Liberty for a couple of real-life hours in one of the "shadier" parts of town and see what happens?

Mr. Someguy

Dude that was IMO.

I don't know what in the world this guy been doing to make the peds act that way.

Yes they do, it happened to me 3 times. Once it was a some black guy in a hoody, another time it was a taxi driver (I didn't do anything to him), and last, it was an angry hobo.

Gtafan3394life

Dude that was IMO.

Yes they do, it happened to me 3 times. Once it was a some black guy in a hoody, another time it was a taxi driver (I didn't do anything to him), and last, it was an angry hobo.

They must not like you...I'm for real I NEVER EVER seen this happen befor.

Them peds respect me...I will put a cap in their asses if they even in their life hit me for no reason.

OMG LOL! I never thought of following one. How bout that one black dude ranting/preaching. Have you ever seen him? lol.gif

Iv saw this guy plenty of times I killed him once

A lot of people underestimate how smart and technical NPC's are. We drive by thousands of them thinking that all they do is walk in circles. There's more to them than just that. I spent about a whole in-game day following a black dude with a hat. Here's how our fant-abulous day went! sigh.gif

8. Walking...

14. We walk back out.

Very real.....To everyone who complains about GTA4 not having anything to do after beating the game, try following a typical ped. They lead far more interesting lives than quite a few major characters in the game.

By the way, don't be offended by "Blackey". I'm part black, so my intentions aren't bad, lol.

That's impressive, but also tragic, as it's more interesting than most/all actual gameplay missions.

Just followed another ped. White, male, mid 20's. He bought a hot dog as well, walked some ways, talked on the phone with someone, walked further, then got hit by a truck! It's as if they all have a life cycle or something?

FREE DWAYNE FORGE!

You witnessed this guys last day as a free man.

Ive been meaning to do this and i think you just convinced me.

You witnessed this guys last day as a free man.

Ive been meaning to do this and i think you just convinced me.

Lol, give it a whirl. They either die or are arrested within 1 in-game day. At least the guys are. I haven't tried girls yet.

FREE DWAYNE FORGE!

In free mode, me and a friend were cruising around North Alderney to find the heli in the back yard up there, when I ended up driving into a driveway. All of the sudden, the garage door opened and a car drove into it.

The NPC just got out and proceeded to walk into his house. It was pretty cool. I drove into the garage and my friend hopped on top of my car. I backed out of the garage and he hit the wall above the door with his head. He hit pretty hard. It was damn funny.

Anyone followed a car around it always annoyed me that their never really seemed to be going somewhere?

I followed a ped for 6 game hours.

I see a woman get hit by a car at an intersection, I chose her because of it.

She gets up and heads north then west.

She stops outside a Cluckin’ Bell and begins smoking.

She does this for 4 hours. (wow)

I got sick of waiting so I shot her and left.

I will try to find someone more interesting tomorrow.

Edited by Vizard

8. Walking...

14. We walk back out.

Thats so sad I might actually have to try it myself. biggrin.gif

I'll post how my 24 ingame hours with a ped go later. 24 hour PedWatch here I come!

Edited by tom_p1980

Oddball_E8

some guy in a black SUV started chasing my car and then ran me off the road and pulled me out of the car and started hitting me... i didnt hit anyone or anything, he just flipped i guess...

If yes, what do they do if the bridges are blocked?

willgtavcs

There was this guy that hit me with his car. he got out and and starte punching me becuase i 'wrecked his wheels',anyway i fighted him for a bit then i ran near 2 cops with ausault out front of the museum. the guy then ran up to meand punched me. the two cops then ran up to him and he put his hands up.

a police car pulled up, the walked up to it, put him in, and he got hauled away. biggrin.gif

GiveMeLiberty78

Great topic! cookie.gif Kudos!

Reason being because it shows those tiny little details that people tend to overlook or just don't even think about. I'm glad someone actually took time to do this. I think it'd be great if more people could do this and see what interesting little lives these peds live; I bet you'd find out a whole lot of strange little details and quirks in the game that way, plus it keeps the game alive always discovering new things.

You say that they arrested that man eventually? Hmmm. I wonder why the same doesn't apply to Niko when getting busted; it'd be much more interesting if the cops disarmed you, cuffed you and then drove you to the nearest prison, rather than just shooting you sh*tless, haha! lol.gif

Oh and people, perhaps a video of this stuff would be nice too. Please? colgate.gif I'd really like to see some of these weird 'n wonderful things.

Edited by JJCribbins