best game ever?

BobbyUK

So i've completed the game at last and i thought i would open a discussion on what people really think about it.

The one thing that bothers me with some members here is that they treat the entire GTA franchise like its somehow untouchable and to make any negative comments either means you "don't get it" or are a homosexual.

Now anyone thats played this game must feel a bit cheated when they attempted to dial one of the phone numbers dotted around the city and only get a busy tone, i actually thought "but you could in saints row" now i know this is a small little feature and unlike using rucksacks, jetpacks or planes isn't really a huge game mechanic, it would just be fun.

GTA IV is fun though, don't get me wrong, i think its awesome and actually embarrasses games like Kane and lynch even more, if thats possible. Its glitchy yes, but we all play GTA games, we can deal with glitchy, but it felt more worth it before. This game felt strange to me, the storyline is very well written until the last quarter anyway, when you are bombarded with mafia stereotypes, which were neither interesting or fitting enemies. But the action is great, the cover system has a few flaws but nothing you can't forgive, the driving's spot on and the choice of vehicles is ample. Something just feels missing.

i have played multiplayer and i understand it has a huge demographic but it didnt do much for me, i played it along time and it is quite addictive but so is crack and look how that can turn out. It feels like the single player had been partially sacrificed for multiplayer and to me thats a mistake, but again this is a very biased opinion because i find multiplayer very tedious.

So is it a 10/10 game? if it is, i didn't realize it, its a very very good game but it feels somewhat lacking, bizarrely not in the storytelling which is a huge improvement on San Andreas but i felt my options were limited, friendships were a superb addition and actually never bored me, but only three clothes shops? come on. i know its not the sims and its not even the customizing the character thats the issue, its the feeling of exploration and the amount of places to go, it felt lacking. now DLC might be huge and fill in the gaps i have mentioned but that still feels a bit cheap, especially to the PS3 community.

i remember after i completed San Andreas and i couldn't wait for the next installment because i knew it would be better, now I'm waiting for the next one hoping it will be an improvement.

cheers

i

So is it a 10/10 game? if it is, i didn't realize it, its a very very good game but it feels somewhat lacking,

i remember after i completed San Andreas and i couldn't wait for the next installment because i knew it would be better, now I'm waiting for the next one hoping it will be an improvement.

+1 and have a cookie... cookie.gif

GTA4 single player is a great game but gets very boring after a while...

Multiplayer on the otherhand is 10/10 or will be once all the problems are sorted...